All meat-diet promoting Dr. from JRE posts blood test; xtreme low-T, virtually diabetic

I think the "carnivore diet" is ridiculous. Did you see Mark and Chris Bell on there recently? Both are following that diet.
Yeah, just awful to listen to. Broscience podcast of the year.

So you're saying he's deliberately lying about his blood tests and claiming they're much worse than they actually are?

No, I suspect he would rather have not released his results and likely tried to explain away bad results post hoc.

I think he may well have been using peds and not been open about it.

I am on an all meat diet because I am vegetable intolerant. My test was 850, total cholesterol 140, HDL 65, a1c 4.7. I do eat Greek yogurt but my diet consists of 3-4 lbs of meat a day. The only vegetable I can tolerate is spinach and the rest give me horrible stomach pains. GI suggested I try a carnivorous diet as it’s easier on the gut for a lot of people. Our bodies weren’t designed to digest a lot of vegetables like cows.
There is no such thing as "vegetable intolerance". It's possible you have hypolipidemia and are therefore genetically prone to low blood lipids.

No, I suspect he would rather have not released his results and likely tried to explain away bad results post hoc.

I think he may well have been using peds and not been open about it.
Quite possible. Probable even.

I am on an all meat diet because I am vegetable intolerant. My test was 850, total cholesterol 140, HDL 65, a1c 4.7. I do eat Greek yogurt but my diet consists of 3-4 lbs of meat a day. The only vegetable I can tolerate is spinach and the rest give me horrible stomach pains. GI suggested I try a carnivorous diet as it’s easier on the gut for a lot of people. Our bodies weren’t designed to digest a lot of vegetables like cows.
It's obvious based on human physiology and anatomy that we were made to eat both. A simple look at our teeth, size of our jaws, and our tongues and more importantly, our GI tract, shows that we are herbivores and meant to be herbivores.

With that said, you are in the minority. For 99.99% of the population, vegetables are far easier on the GI tract than meats.

"The average transit time for the vegetarian group was nearly 24 hours faster than for non-vegetarians."- British Journal of Nutrition

There is no such thing as "vegetable intolerance". It's possible you have hypolipidemia and are therefore genetically prone to low blood lipids.

Are you an allergist or gastroenterologist? Is there no such thing as celiac or lactose intolerance either?

Your vegan anti-meat anti-science trolling gimmick is getting old.

Yeah, just awful to listen to. Broscience podcast of the year.

I didn't listen to it yet. I don't mind Mark Bell that much as he doesn't try to act like he knows things. He knows lifting weights and business. Chris Bell can rub me the wrong way though. He tries to act more knowledgeable than he is and he's a bit too conspiracy theory for me.

I don't understand why someone would go this extreme on a diet though. I know a lot of people who basically stick to meat and veggies with very little fruit or other items. I don't really have an issue with that. No veggies sounds insane though.

Are you an allergist or gastroenterologist? Is there no such thing as celiac or lactose intolerance either?

Your vegan anti-meat anti-science trolling gimmick is getting old.
Google "vegetable intolerance". There is no such condition that exists. Celiacs and lactose intolerance are real conditions that exist, "vegetable intolerance" does not exist. Show me a medical source that shows "vegetable intolerance" is real.

I didn't listen to it yet. I don't mind Mark Bell that much as he doesn't try to act like he knows things. He knows lifting weights and business. Chris Bell can rub me the wrong way though. He tries to act more knowledgeable than he is and he's a bit too conspiracy theory for me.

I don't understand why someone would go this extreme on a diet though. I know a lot of people who basically stick to meat and veggies with very little fruit or other items. I don't really have an issue with that. No veggies sounds insane though.
For what it's worth I enjoyed both of Chris' documentaries. But yeah this growing movement of the "carnviore diet" is dangerous.

well....ya

it's called a balanced diet for a reason

carnivore diets aren't balanced
Yeah, leave it to Der Eisbar to reach for this.

If that guy ate nothing but spinach for the past year he wouldn't have made it to the end of the year. He'd be dead. Literally dead.

Yeah, leave it to Der Eisbar to reach for this.

If that guy ate nothing but spinach for the past year he wouldn't have made it to the end of the year. He'd be dead. Literally dead.
Considering his fasting glucose reveals he's basically diabetic, and his total cholesterol is twice the "normal" range, he is knocking on deaths door already. No, if he ate nothing but spinach for an entire year he would be much better off than where he is now. His cholesterol would be much better, his fiber intake would be tremendously better, his intake of micronutrients would be way better. As long as he ate enough spinach to get enough calories (which is nearly impossible given the volume needed) he would be 10x better off.

What happened Madmick? Isn't meat/fat needed for hormones? Don't you need meat for proper B12? Why is he B12 deficient?

Google "vegetable intolerance". There is no such condition that exists. Celiacs and lactose intolerance are real conditions that exist, "vegetable intolerance" does not exist. Show me a medical source that shows "vegetable intolerance" is real.

It’s absolutely real. Why do you think they suggest people with IBS cut down on vegetables? They are a gastric irritant to a lot of people. Meat doesn’t cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea in anyone.

Ok, lets assume this guy is representative of all carnivorous dieters. Lets also assume there arent a plethora of other variables that influence the metrics presented. Furthermore, lets assume that the metrics of a purely-vegan are significantly better thsn this guy's. All that would suggest is that an herbivorous diet is healthier for humans than a carnivorous one. I dont think theres much to be extrapolated from that.

It’s absolutely real. Why do you think they suggest people with IBS cut down on vegetables? They are a gastric irritant to a lot of people. Meat doesn’t cause nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea in anyone.
I asked you specifically for a medical source to support your claim. Post your source for your claim so we can continue the conversation, or shut up. Digging through google I can find absolutely nothing about "vegetable intolerance" except a page from Chris Kresser who is a JRE quack that practices "holistic medicine" and is a chiropractor.

I mean I eat a lot of meat but always super lean cuts. Mostly chicken and fish but I eat a ton of veggies too just avoid starch and bad carbs. I can’t imagine just eating meat all day.

Ok, lets assume this guy is representative of all carnivorous dieters. Lets also assume there arent a plethora of other variables that influence the metrics presented. Furthermore, lets assume that the metrics of a purely-vegan are significantly better thsn this guy's. All that would suggest is that an herbivorous diet is healthier for humans than a carnivorous one. I dont think theres much to be extrapolated from that.
I agree with what you've posted here. Quite odd that you liked Madmick's post which asserted the exact opposite of what you've said here. Madmick tried asserting his diet is healthier than eating nothing but vegetables, which is absurd.

Meat is also pack with carcinogens.

I think any normal human diet should be mostly plant based.

Meat is also pack with carcinogens.

I think any normal human diet should be mostly plant based.
IGF-1 grows cancer cells, yet meatheads think maximizing IGF-1 is essential for growing muscle. The lack of education in nutrition is just amazing.

I mean I eat a lot of meat but always super lean cuts. Mostly chicken and fish but I eat a ton of veggies too just avoid starch and bad carbs. I can’t imagine just eating meat all day.
I disagree that starches are bad. I actually think they're among the healthiest things we can eat.

This dude ate an all potato diet for a year and lost 22 pounds in the first month alone, without working out. In addition his blood pressure and cholesterol dropped
https://www.menshealth.com/weight-loss/a19536403/can-the-potato-diet-help-you-lose-weight-safely/
p-2-man-loses-100-pounds-on-potato-diet-1506529855.jpg

lmao @ listening to Joe Rogan.

Back