Alvarez talk about mcgregor boxing skills and say..

You mean like how Conor was "obsessed" with Nate after Nate throttled him. That's what you mean, right?
usa-today-9494128.0.jpg

Why was it not "nighty night" for Halloway, and Diaz twice? His power isn't going to phase Alvarez, who has been getting hit by grown men his entire life instead of midgets.
I think Conor is slightly taller than Alvarez

Not much difference in any case. So weird to be calling him a midget no?

Conor brought that on himself; calls all his opponents midgets but when he loses, out come the bigger man excuses. Plus, with conner, it's more he's got the mentality of a midget, classic napoleon syndrome behaviour.

Yeah I've been mentioning this in other threads, Eddie kicks hard as fuck. Chains kicks off of punches and punches off of kicks exceptionally well

Thanks for the rock-back post also, I've only seen a couple of McGregor's regional fights. Only the three (?) before coming to the UFC.

Don't take my word for it—I could easily be remembering things wrong as it's been a long time since I've watched his earlier fights. I don't think Eddie does much of the thinking in regards to his approach to striking with Conor anyways; I think he leaves that all to Mark Henry, and Henry has said many times that he thinks Conor is one of the best strikers in MMA, so I doubt he's taking Conor lightly.

This.

A teep is a push kick used to disrupt an opponent's advance and/or rhythm. They (usually) don't do much damage. They are the jab (or eyepoke if you're Browne or JJ) of the kicking game. If a guy is charging forward, it can absolutely knock them down, though. Targets for teeps are anything from hips to lower abdomen, basically center of gravity, although if a guy is really committing forward, a teep placed higher can put them straight on their ass.

The front snap is your guy for body shots that can hurt/sap endurance. It's very fast but usually not as powerful as a side kick or turning back kick but you can make it really penetrate if you have great form and land with only the ball of your foot (karate, generally) with toes pulled back or heel (kung-fu, generally).

iirc, Conor mostly throws snap kicks (karate style or sometimes pretty poor foot form, actually landing with the whole bottom of foot), however, he uses some of them as teeps if that makes any sense (targeting center of gravity rather than solar plexus, etc).

If he's penetrating enough to sap energy/really hurt a guy with a front kick, dollars to donuts it's a front snap kick.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not some expert on how Conor fights. I usually only watch his fights once or twice, max. Correct me if I'm wrong!
If you're a southpaw (or very good at switching stances) you can go for the liver

361E405400000578-3682895-image-a-87_1468124485581.jpg

Conor brought that on himself; calls all his opponents midgets but when he loses, out come the bigger man excuses. Plus, with conner, it's more he's got the mentality of a midget, classic napoleon syndrome behaviour.
You know what's really quaint? Napoleon was taller than average.

If you're a southpaw (or very good at switching stances) you can go for the liver

361E405400000578-3682895-image-a-87_1468124485581.jpg
The front snap liver kick is something I've never been able to land hard but I know you are 100% right.

I love targeting the liver but I am never quite able to get to it hard enough with front kicks.

I haven't been able to time the southpaws (I joking call them 'Liver-Leads') OR catch orthodox guys during a switch or shift when the liver is available for a straight-line kick.

You caught a perfect example of it, though. Of course it's one of the best switchers in MMA ever doing it to an orthodox DC who squared up or was in the process of switching (can't remember).

Awesome pic and example!!!

Last edited:
You know what's really quaint? Napoleon was taller than average.
Only because the average frenchman was poor as fuck and had shit nutrition, when compared to the other french aristocrats who could afford decent food, he was not above average at all. Not british propanaganda short tho. The fact that his imperial guars consisted of 6 footers only didnt help either.

Back