*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

1-1 as far as im concerned,and defended the title more
This. Unbroken record of most championship wins, went up against a prime Ngannou and wrecked him for 25 minutes. Got flash KO'd by a cheating, eye-poking DC and then proceeded to end the man for two fights (at DC's behest btw). Stipe is the HW GOAT

It was obvious it was coming after the second knockdown. Why the ref let it restart was insane. Francis had no idea where he was after that and didn't even have his hands up properly. His right hand was behind his chin and he was just open to get crushed right down the middle.
My conspiracy brain tells me the boxing gods told the ref to let Francis get flatlined lol.

So, the boxing venture is over for good? I was expecting him to lose, but not this way, even potentially shocking the world to one point, but now...who else is there that he could potentially beat? Wilder wont even give him the time of day, he wants AJ even after being beat, Parker or Zang? Those are two super tough matchups for him, but it wont be as the main event, he would be in the undercard of Fury or AJ, considering how he lost tho...i will take a while.

Potentially over, Ferreira just licked his chops watching this, considering he is waiting for Ngannou, this might happen during 2024 if Ngannou cant land a high profile boxing fight.

He’s damaged goods now. High risk, low reward.

He would have to drop down a few levels, and frankly I don’t think he’d do that well.

Glad he’s made bank though.

I know this is gonna come off as 100% MMA cope here, but to average retard like me, this seems like a lot of tape on AJ, no? (fwiw - AJ smoked him legit just curious as someone who doesn't know the rules, no accusations just learning lol)

1709946323345.png
1709946723590.png

1709946397046.png

1709946495480.png

Man, the bitter people are sre coming out in force.

expect a lot of that. i've been critical of Ngannou's nut hugging fanbase many times around here...but where are those nut huggers now? oh yeah, jumping ship they are. Ngannou was never my friend!

Kinda baffled don't know what to think tbh
Maybe this is what actually happens when you decide to get into a new sport and box a champion ..

But big frank damn near smoked fury ... Is Joshua just that good now or have they been playing games and tarnishing boxing all along ... If so boxing needs more people like Anthony Joshua the others are shit bags just milking hard working peoples money who believes there's a real big difference

expect a lot of that. i've been critical of Ngannou's nut hugging fanbase many times around here...but where are those nut huggers now? oh yeah, jumping ship they are. Ngannou was never my friend!

Why do you care so much about what other people think?

That’s a huge part of punch power.

Maybe these guys could hit one do those static punch machines with just as much force, but delivering it to another elite fighter? No contest.

Sounds like getting into semantics and what definition you decide to use for punch power. A punch that is not seen can be due to hiding it behind another punch for example that doesn't make the punch more powerful but it makes it more deadly.

But if you want to say punch power encompasses; timing, speed, hiding the punch, etc I wont stop you but there's probably a more fitting word than "power" in that case

It was worth it. For Francis. He didn’t just get the boxing bag once. He got it twice.

He would’ve never sniffed anything close to this newfound wealth had he not stood his ground.

Smart career choice. Not a boxing great. Ride off filthy rich. Started from nothing. Francis won.

that shit killed me

izzy-fall-izzy-troll-son.gif

Back