*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

8il7z2.gif

early stoppage

LOL He's only ever took a good shot in one MMA fight. And yeah, he took a few, but nothing serious. Guys chins 'cracking' is a weird thing fans talk about to be hyper critical when it isnt called for.

Defense played a part in that. AJ is also a massive human, who landed a clean counter to start, that hits incredibly hard while being a great athlete. Francis has shown a good chin in the past. He ate a flush elbow from Fury in their fight.

As for the last punch, he was out on his feet. Ref served his ass up on a plate instead of stopping it. That last punch was as clean as you'll see in boxing for a while. Scary shot. That shit would have put a normal human in the hospital. Francis was up a few minutes later.

The discourse of nuts, ballsacks,
and testicles is pervasive on this thread, huggers and haters of Francis a like. Just remember to work the head too, duh!!!

Damn! He got his 20 mil + some PPV. Now back to MMA please. I hope this doesn't hurt his confidence. That PFL dude who slept Bader can crack too.

If he still wants to box, he'll have to re-start with low level guys. If he didn't get completely destroyed tonight, I'd say he'd have one more big payday w Wilder since that dude is kind of in limbo right now. Now I think Deontay would sleep him too.

After this I honestly could see him losing to giant Bellator guy too. His confidence is going to be a fraction of before.

After this I honestly could see him losing to giant Bellator guy too. His confidence is going to be a fraction of before.
I hope he takes plenty of time off before getting back in the cage.

It's not about the chin, it's the gap in the skill level.

Francis was wide open, his defense is laughable compared to a top level boxer.
Glad Oldboy is here to clown some of the Box tourists. Sensible as always Oldboy.

The gap in Boxing defense was the difference. Fury never had the straight up stopping power to capitalize on Ngannou's lapse in Defense, AJ clearly did.

That's what happens when a great pro now has 10 rounds of footage to study and game-plan for after the amateur pulled off a miracle..
I know he wasn't all there but was he actually trying to parry that shot or clear the way for it to land flush? Damn!!!

It's not about the chin, it's the gap in the skill level.

Francis was wide open, his defense is laughable compared to a top level boxer.

So many posts about boxing is inherently better in this or that way, while completely missing the mark on what actually happened in the fight. Just another fight night aftermath on teh dawg lol

Renan Problema Ferreira is going to knock out Ngannou inside 2 rounds. His hands are heavy and precise with timing (just like Francis') but he is slightly taller, younger with a bigger reach and he's on a high road right now with his motivation and self-belief. Francis is past his prime now and he doesn't have the same motivation to compete in MMA

That's what happens when an Olympic Gold Medalist and Heavyweight Champion comes to fight someone who is 0-1 in a boxing match. You UFC kids are something else.

<Lmaoo>

To be fair, we didn't ask for it.

Back