*** Anthony Joshua vs. Francis Ngannou Aftermath Discussion MEGA THREAD ***

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

View attachment 1033494

renderTimingPixel.png
Damn it, beat me to it! Lol

This is just an example of cherry picking and styles making fights.

Retards like Joe Rogan talking about how mcgregor did better against Floyd than x,y,z boxer. That's due to the fact that Floyd can't punch and abuses holding in boxing.

If McGregor had boxed maidana instead of mayweather it would've looked like this. Fury is all world at being super awkward and making fights non fights. The perfect style for an mma guy to look decent against.

Feel bad for ngannou though

If fury beats AJ well know it's all ben a sham show and the true boxers like AJ needs to take these circus fights to keep the clowns in reality
I remember Joshua saying he want to be a dog, or have the dog inside of him so he went with Robert Garcia to train years back.. he's finally got that dog inside of him. Looking insane his past 2 fights

With Siver (an excellent striker) in your av you had to have seen this coming I reckon.

For sure, my stance was if AJ treats it like a real fight, he'd win. If he didn't, he'd cruise lazily to a decision.

It's just not realistic for an MMA guy to beat world class boxers... at boxing.

Probably something about how he sabotaged his career. Despite making hundreds of times more money than he ever would have in the UFC.

Imagine being PFL.

Francis was contractually obligated to fight for you early 2024. You had it in the bag that he was coming to you as both the arguably best MMA fighter as the UFC's lineal champion and best boxer after the Fury fight. All you had to do was making him fight like his contract said. He instead called you saying he had been offered the AJ fight in early 2024 instead. You got greedy thinking he might have another performance in him before you enforce your contract and might beat Joshua so you let him fight AJ only for him to get absolutely fucking nuked from orbit in 3 minutes, knocked down 3x and KTFO without any effort. And you've got to hold his worthless bags.

Now he gets to crawl back to you reminding you about your millionaire paydays for him, where you also owe him 50% of the PPV, PFL Africa to be established, his board chair, and a $2M purse for Perreira or whoever you agree to give $2M to fight him per your contract. Should've told him no, he's fighting Pereirra or Bader in early 2024 like agreed upon and AFTER that he MIGHT be able to have another boxing fight once he's fought for you.

Holy fuck, what a colossal fumble by PFL.

Last edited:
Thank you to Anthony Joshua for showing the real difference between high level boxers and mma fighters. He's the first one to take it seriously and defend his sport. Maybe this will temper these types of farcical matchups in the future.

I mean Jake Paul barely qualifies as a pro boxer and has been doing this exact same thing to MMA fighters.

This was exactly a giant reason the UFC didn't want to co-promote a Ngannou boxing match. They just witness a bunch of their ex-fighters get fucked up against a Youtuber so I doubt they had high confidence in Ngannou doing it and there wasn't enough FU money for them to justify copromoting it.(Mayweather vs McGregor was a different story...way too much money on the line not to do it and Floyd was much smaller than Conor)

What happened tonight is what they thought would have happen against Fury. Magically it didn't but we end up seeing the eventual result of a MMA fighter taking on a high level boxer which is getting your lights shut off with Joshua.

main-qimg-a3cadb885e42e9a7e75e37f02de0d740
uploads1622651164515-JakePaulBenAskren.gif

Last edited:
And people thought Francis could beat Jones.🤣
Compared to AJ, Jones punches like a girl, don't get it twisted. One has nothing to do with the other.

Frank lands that check hook he tried on a number of occasions, and it could have been AJ KO'd. AJ took this seriously and didn't fuck around. That final punch was brutal.

Back