anybody seen Leave The World Behind?

Just watched this garbage. I wanted to like it, but it's so slow and boring, poorly written, and in some cases poorly acted.

Whoever wrote this shit must hate women because every female in the movie is a selfish cunt.

Ali's character is the only interesting one, but it's annoying how he withholds info from everyone constantly for no reason.

And the big stupid fight about medicine was completely idiotic. The sons teeth were falling out and you're risking your life too get him antibiotics? Yeah, I don't think antibiotics cure that, buddy.

And that cringey scene where Roberts and Ali are dancing... We're supposed to believe they suddenly have chemistry? I don't think so. That shit was awkward and forced.

I think this movie had an interesting premise but just was executed very very poorly.

It was ok. Julia’s character was annoying as hell, but M. Ali was solid as always.

Not sure why so many seems triggered by it
Seen the movie and for lot things have been one of the best of the year for me

Glad i discovered only after it have Obama's hand behind it, somehow it ruin it retroactively because turn otherwise well written character into stuff made with ideological malice bullshit

Still consider it a good movie, would advise try to watch it ignoring who and why took some decisions on the movie (as for pure luck i did) and it's a powerful piece

No! But fuck Obama and the horse he rode in on. I mean Tesla he rode in on.

Decent movie. I thought the racial dynamics were interestingly done and not at all woke/preachy. The ideas were cool.

The end sucked, didnt make any sense. Also, there were WAYY too many soap opera dialogue scenes where someone is facing away and delivering a monologue to a window. There seemed to be about 60% too much dialogue, it got really repetitive and didnt seem to add anything to the story except make me feel like i was watching a soap opera

I finally watched this. It was ok. Nothing too special about it. The ending was weak. But all the actors are great in it. The dialogue is better than most movies, but nothing mind blowing.

7/10

I only want to see it because I enjoy end of the world/post apocalyptic stuff. I didn't even know Obama had anything to do with this until people got mad about the racist black wife.
If people were mad about a “racist black wife” in the movie, they very obviously didn’t watch the movie.

Watched it. Trash. Not entertaining, even a little bit.

Back