Anyone else have an out of control teenage daughter?

-Knowing the type of forum this is, TS decides to post an emotional OP with no context whatsoever
-Complains when posters don't magically know the context
-Lashes out at obvious jokes or anyone who disagrees with him
-Doesn't understand why he's fucking up

{<jordan}

TS either lashes out at any little thing this little girl does or he's passive-aggressive, choosing to instead vent to other people. Either way, it's obvious why the teen girl doesn't respect him enough to care what he says

Can you sit her down and have a real conversation with her?
The dude can't even have a conversation with grown men, who may disagree with him, without throwing a tantrum. You expect him to be reasonable and hold his composure with a teenage girl?

Can you sit her down and have a real conversation with her?

To be honest, if I were him, I'd ask her for her true feelings on him.

And I'd shut the relationship down if they are negative, because I'd be miserable and beaten down until she leaves, if she leaves...

Cut herself?? Okay so she needs a therapist! ASAP She's either doing it because she's super manipulative or doing it because she's auto-destructive af, either way she needs help.

Or her shitty friends just told her to say that as a defense mechanism.

Or her shitty friends just told her to say that as a defense mechanism.
No, she's a manipulator. Was heard in the hospital by a Dr telling other kids she can get adults to do whatever she wants. And I don't, so there for she hates me....

Shit... she'll willingly go to the west of Louisville. Tracked her on her phone over there the last time she ran away...

Fuck that. At 14? Have looked to the cops or some social services for advice? I mean you don't jut figure this kind of shit out on your own. Good luck man, looks like you'll need it.

Wait - you're not one of those "we'd like to see Ann Arbor look more like the rest of Michigan" folks are you?

I was there to work, like most of the people in the area. It's a nice place and highly underrated as a desirable place to live.

Wait - you're not one of those "we'd like to see Ann Arbor look more like the rest of Michigan" folks are you?

I was there to work, like most of the people in the area. It's a nice place and highly underrated as a desirable place to live.

I love metro Detroit

but no I was just teasing Ann arbor is a nice place though it isnt my cup of tea and I tend to like things a bit rougher

I work with students. I’ve seen some really good parents with really messed up kids. Just saying, “Be a better dad” isn’t always helpful. Sure, that COULD be part of the issue, but to just assume it’s the parent’s fault is ridiculous. You need more context.

I've known a lot of guys and chicks my age who were total assholes, while their parents were fine. They get with the wrong crowd and it can go downhill fast.

I've got a buddy with a kid who's pretty good but he mixes with a bad crowd and he just got arrested. It's pretty shitty situation. My buddy and his wife are awesome people and their other two kids are doing well. The kid in trouble is also a good kid but he is mixing with the wrong crowd and it's starting to show.

This makes me appreciate my two step daughters a lot more. Never had an incident with either one.

If she's living in your house and she does that 'you're not my real dad' bullshit tell her 'this isn't your real house either' and kick her out.

Truth is you can't fix self destructive behaviour. You have to just cut them loose and let their survival instinct kick in or let them die.

She's exhibiting the behaviour to punish your wife, not you. Talk to your wife about it. If your wife is willing to cut her loose, do it ASAP. If your wife just wants you to put up with it, leave.

This is more a thread about your wife's bad behaviour than the kid's.

Last edited:
there was an epic reddit thread on out of control teenagers.

didnt louis ck say something like boys will destroy shit but girls will ruin your life

I love metro Detroit

but no I was just teasing Ann arbor is a nice place though it isnt my cup of tea and I tend to like things a bit rougher

As a little kid I went to Tiger and Red Wings games (late 70s). Detroit is so much better than it was back then that it's almost indescribable. I'm amazed by how much things have improved.

Living in AA for work I got a very different perspective on Michigan, the economy and what happened to SE Michigan. I would say most of the stuff you read about nationally is 80% misleading. The biggest misconception (and it surprised me) is that people think the state of Michigan is one big poverty center - LOL.

One of the coolest things about Michigan (IMHO) is when you drive in any rural place you see how nicely properties are kept. If you drive in most states in rural areas you'll see rundown homes, dead cars on the front lawn and other related stuff. You drive off the main roads outside of the west side or Flint (and a few other pockets) and it's just shocking how much pride and care people have in their property.

AA has great food, a real downtown, it's safe, and one of the knowledge economy centers. I miss having the option to just walk from my condo that I had for work to the stadium 45 mins before kick-off on a Saturday in the fall. We had a mini sherdog meet up at the Ohio state game in 2015.

Fuck that. At 14? Have looked to the cops or some social services for advice? I mean you don't jut figure this kind of shit out on your own. Good luck man, looks like you'll need it.
Oh yeah, at this point they recommend filing out of control child forms and giving custody to the state... like who really wants that?

No, she's a manipulator. Was heard in the hospital by a Dr telling other kids she can get adults to do whatever she wants. And I don't, so there for she hates me....

Wow. Looks like she needs a scared straight moment. Nothing else will move the needle. Wait until she runs into an adult who doesn't give a fuck what she thinks she can do.

Wow. Looks like she needs a scared straight moment. Nothing else will move the needle. Wait until she runs into an adult who doesn't give a fuck what she thinks she can do.
That's my biggest fear... she just doesn't understand that there are people who don't give a fuck about her life...

Back