Anyone else think UFC 300 main event is underwhelming?

Said it before the its nothing special......................299 was better

Lol no. 299 was a bantamweight title fight with the no 7 challenger on only a one fight win streak. 300 is a LHW title fight. The 2 division champion facing the former champ who never lost his title.

Believe it or not ufc 200 people hated on.... who wants to see a retired Brock vs Hunt and out of prime Silva vs DC... and wmma that isn't Ronda
That's not really fair though since the main event was supposed to be Jones vs DC. Silva took the fight on 2 days notice.

I personally dont give two shits about these supposed milestone events. We've gotten so used to fights falling through the week before PPVs, it's become normal.

It's pretty much just a good main card like any other good PPV, only difference is that the prelims are much better than a regular PPV.

The main event is where this really fell off. Don't get me wrong, Alex vs Hill is a great fight for any PPV, but for 300 and the way it was hyped, it really needed something big. And the Bo fight is shit. If they had this for example....

Conor vs Chandler or Jones vs Aspinal/Stipe.
Perreira vs Hill
Zhang vs Yan
Gaethje vs Max
Olivera vs Arman

Now we're talking.

Seeing Alex is always exciting but this fight is not to the level of a milestone event and don't get me started on a comain.
So Dana keeps hyping this shit up but it's an average ppv at best .

No Jones , no Conor, no doubles champ or intense rivalry situation.

Streamable at best !
SOoooooooo, what would a super stacked card look like to you during this era? Superstars arent a thing now. You even had to go to mentioning guys that are on the decline and have 1 or 2 fights combined between the 2 of them in the past 4 years.
Seriously asking what about this card makes it underwhelming and what would make it better to you other than seeing guys fight who are old (for mma) and have been out of action for years?

Card is hella stacked a 10 on paper
So called mma fans will complain about anything I swear

Does Dana pay you for these posts, or does he just send you expired Reebok coupons?
Watchout we got a comedian.

If you paid attention you would know I'm the first one to make threads about UFC going downhil in the last 2 years and PPV's being awful.

However, pretending like OP that this UFC 300 card is "just an average PPV" is delusional and a typical forum neckbeard edgy take

Seeing Alex is always exciting but this fight is not to the level of a milestone event and don't get me started on a comain.

Streamable at best !
Dana promised us Filet Mignon and served us Bologna sandwiches.

It's pretty much just a good main card like any other good PPV, only difference is that the prelims are much better than a regular PPV.

The main event is where this really fell off. Don't get me wrong, Alex vs Hill is a great fight for any PPV, but for 300 and the way it was hyped, it really needed something big. And the Bo fight is shit. If they had this for example....

Conor vs Chandler or Jones vs Aspinal/Stipe.
Perreira vs Hill
Zhang vs Yan
Gaethje vs Max
Olivera vs Arman

Now we're talking.

What makes Conor v Chandler a better fight? Conor is washed at this point and Chandler is 37. Both are coming off losses and neither are relevant to the title picture. Pereira is a generational talent in two different sports who is facing the former champ Hill who never lost the title and has all the intangibles of a guy who could hold the title for a while. It's a fantastic matchup both in terms of merit and stylistically.

It’s a great fight that needs to happen. But jon verse someone or even Conor’s return (sorry!) or Leon/Islam would’ve seemed more epic.

Streamable at best !
if you are a casual, it is. but if you are on here, you should like it.

lhw belt fight, poatan vs hill is pure class. will be a good test for poatan and hill has something to prove too since he took the belt from a decayed glover.

zhang vs. willei, i don't watch women's mma but from what i hear, this is as great as it gets so no complaints.

armaan vs. olives, it fucking olives ffs, this is likely for the title fight

Dustin vs. Max, fan favorites both of them. i hope max makes some magic happen and it doesn't end up like a blood bath. both of them are on the later stretch of their careers too so should be nice to see before they turn tony ferguson mode.

Bo nickal fight is memeworthy, no doubt, but dude's young and could be a title challenger at some point, his wrestling is revered on a tier above khazmats.

Even if that doesn't get you wet....

Aljo and Jiri being on the prelims should tell you that this card is stacked pancakes. Bobby Green is on the early prelims too, he's pretty popular in comparison to what he has accomplished so far.

Whiny little bastards, go watch Bellator! You don't deserve UFC.

Without Conor fighting it was never going to have the star power of 100 or 200 (although Jones got pulled from 200) so there was always going to be some disappointment due to that. Being number 300 and Dana's over the top claims he shot himself in the foot a bit creating unrealistic expectations.
The main thing tempering my excitement for this fight is that Hill had only just said he thought he'd be ready in July then they announce he's booked 3 months earlier. I want to see this fight with both guys ready, still interested but not too hyped when one is rushing back from a serious injury.

I'm I'm the minority, but I'd rather have seen Leon fight Belal and Poatan fight Hill on the Brazil card. Hill has barely been back from Achilles surgery.

if you are a casual, it is. but if you are on here, you should like it.

lhw belt fight, poatan vs hill is pure class. will be a good test for poatan and hill has something to prove too since he took the belt from a decayed glover.

zhang vs. willei, i don't watch women's mma but from what i hear, this is as great as it gets so no complaints.

armaan vs. olives, it fucking olives ffs, this is likely for the title fight

Dustin vs. Max, fan favorites both of them. i hope max makes some magic happen and it doesn't end up like a blood bath. both of them are on the later stretch of their careers too so should be nice to see before they turn tony ferguson mode.

Bo nickal fight is memeworthy, no doubt, but dude's young and could be a title challenger at some point, his wrestling is revered on a tier above khazmats.

Even if that doesn't get you wet....

Aljo and Jiri being on the prelims should tell you that this card is stacked pancakes. Bobby Green is on the early prelims too, he's pretty popular in comparison to what he has accomplished so far.
I didn't say I didn't like it at all but anything other than the main , is so so.

I just expected more from such a milestone event that simple.

I guess the card is final now , still all you Dana dick riders think the card is fitting for the 300 event ?

You sure post a lot for a casual. Have you watched Hill fight before? Dude is an entertaining striker and a finisher. His only career loss is getting his arm dislocated and he was still throwing punches like a badass. Theres no reason for an MMA fan not to love this fight. Current champ vs the previous champ. It's a fight that needs to happen.

he is agressive, has long range and somewhat power (more like power in bunches) but he looks very very sloppy. poatan shouldnt brawl with him but just be the deadly sniper that he usually is. hill is wide open in pretty much all of his attacks. poatan will be looking to capitalize

Hill is underrated and is an exciting fighter, Alex is an exciting fighter as well. Maybe lacks the name value of a massive event but it's a solid matchup.

Back