Anyone used a Sous Vide to cook?

No, I go through Sue Vaca-Garcia-Garcia-Lopez. For an extra twenty that fat old bitch will marinate topless.

You don't like BBQ? my dad cook pretty much everything in his big green egg and it's some of the best food I've ever had.
He is just snobby and grumpy. Trying to do his best Gordon Ramsey shtick. He feels the need to create space between backyard cooks (and their shitty food) and him as an elite cook/chef and his marvelous food.

Last edited:
just a point of clarification, sous vide means 'under vacuum'. it is not a noun (i.e. an oven), so you dont use a sous vide, you cook sous vide. One of the primary ideas that make cooking sous vide desirable is that the water used to cook your food is kept at a constant temperature, and is well circulated, so that whatever youre cooking eventually reaches that same temperature all throughout the entire piece of food.

you have no idea what you're talking about.

I actually took like 5 minutes to figure out how to title the thread because of that fact, but I figured people would most clearly understand what I was saying with the current title.

eggs?

What type of egg style would you cook in that?

Hard-boiled. Easy to control the temp so you can get them the way you like. Also, you can make what are essentially omelettes in jars (that keep nicely in the fridge for later). For example.

https://jessercaslowcarb.wordpress.com/2018/04/11/sous-vide-omelette-jars/

img_4660.jpg

Been thinking about it, but I’m on the fence at the moment. Consensus of opinion seems to be that you can cook steaks perfectly, but I’ve pretty much nailed steak-cooking already. Will probably get the kit in the end...

Back