Anyone wake up with unexplained scratches?

...are you making shit up as we go along or is it just the Halloween spirit? ;)

Honestly, 100% NOT making this up. The TV is still out. The DVR turned itself off. The Amazon Kindle or whatever you call it turned itself on. I have no clue what's up.

Lay off the scary movies ya' wimp.
<JagsKiddingMe>

I LOVE scary movies!!! This is something else. If anybody ends up south of Waldorf, MD drop me a line and we can meet for a beer. You'll see I'm not a bullshitter. I hate being ignorant to what's going on and I have no explanation for stuff going on in my own house.

I own a “dictionary of demons” and I will check it out to see if anything is known to leave three scratches.

I also have a dictionary of angels. I love this shit.

I turned the DVR back on. Courage the Cowardly Dog is on now LOL. I'm nearly done with my wine. No coldness, no chills. Picked up the Amazon tablet. It's a Fire apparently. I turned that off. Going to kill the TV and DVR now.

Bingo! There is your answer...
Nothing a little holy water would not cure. You were both baptized when babies where you not?
Any 'Ouija' boards in the house? I'm also Catholic, but more of the rebellious type. I have issues with many things in the Catholic church, but my faith and relationship with God is solid.

Does it look like this:
main-qimg-bf2aaa20b0326eb7f8526d4c1e7c983c

main-qimg-3fb95590272a0b1ebde15052de706dbc

"They have described them in medical term as 'dermatographic urticaria'. It is a type of skin disorder which persists among 4 to 5 percent of population in the world."

"Although harmless, the red raised rash mostly appears from rubbing, scratching and pressure on the skin. Usually the wheals are linear. The episodes may appear intermittently, or may develop daily."

"...and please, be assured, there's nothing paranormal about it. A lot of people seem to have them, and as disconcerting as they appear, it's just something about the skin. As they appear without a direct cause, people jump to conclusions. A skin problem is way more probable than anything else, so don't stress yourself."

Link: https://www.quora.com/Why-do-I-wake-up-with-mysterious-scratches-in-my-body

If you are worried, you can always get a small 'crucifix' or image of the 'virgin Mary'. She has always kept me safe in times of trouble. Yeah, made it through my time in the military in one piece. Good luck...

I have dermatograhia and I also have sleep paralysis episodes that many times are accompanied by hypnagogic hallucinations. They can be very fucked up and feel so real.

If I didn't know any better, I'd seriously believe that pure evil was after me.

I own a “dictionary of demons” and I will check it out to see if anything is known to leave three scratches.

I also have a dictionary of angels. I love this shit.

I DON'T love this shit!!! I'm open minded and try to find the easiest and most logical explanation. I'm all for coincidence but the stuff in my house is pushing my limits. The DVR turning off and tablet turning on is weird. The Living Room feeling like it's 58 degrees is weird. The scratches and black shadow are beyond weird and I'd rather have things like that go away.

I just looked at Courage the Cowardly Dog and the episod has a black shadow with red eyes and a mouth drinking tea at their table. Nice. TV goes off now.

Either scratches or bug bites on one shin and other ankle itches but no signs of bug bite or scratch.

Is your house under or close to power lines or cell phone towers? Both of you were baptized, so you are safe.

...are you playing with mushrooms or LSD?

I don't touch drugs. No weed, shrooms, LSD, or anything. Only an occasional beer or wine. No hard liquor. House is in Southern Maryland at the back of our little neighborhood far away from power lines. As stated, I have protected woodland behind me so not much going on.

I went into the kitchen, poured the last of my wine, and closed the silverware drawer that I swear I didn't open. The wine bottle opener is in a drawer by the refrigerator. The silverware drawer is across the kitchen. I didn't use any utensils, didn't open the drawer for any reason and yet, it was fully open. FML as this point. It feels like somebody is messing with me at this point.

I LOVE scary movies!!! This is something else. If anybody ends up south of Waldorf, MD drop me a line and we can meet for a beer. You'll see I'm not a bullshitter. I hate being ignorant to what's going on and I have no explanation for stuff going on in my own house.

People see what they want to see or believe what they want to believe. The simplest explanation is either you scratched yourself or your gf scratched you. I've woken up with scratches plenty of times from scratching myself in my sleep. It's not impossible to get scratched with a short nail either. I've drawn blood before and almost every time the scratches itch and/or burn.

Also, I've never been on or taken any drugs for depression or such. I'm the type of guy who has to be badgered into going to the Doctor.

I have about 1/4th of a glass of wine left. It's quiet right now, no weird shit at 3:34 AM I guess.

File your nails after you cut them.

You're welcome.

It feels like somebody is messing with me at this point.

3:33 am in the East coast. Anything happen? Do you know about 3:33 am in the Catholic church? Where is your girlfriend at and what is she doing?

* Edit -- I just read the post above. Nothing happened at 3:33. That's a good sign.
@Ichibanner

People see what they want to see or believe what they want to believe. The simplest explanation is either you scratched yourself or your gf scratched you. I've woken up with scratches plenty of times from scratching myself in my sleep. It's not impossible to get scratched with a short nail either. I've drawn blood before and almost every time the scratches itch and/or burn.

I'm fine with that explanation. It's a little hard to pull off since I sleep on my right and we sleep in a giant 3 pillow bed with the space of the middle pillow between us. That's no big deal. The DVR turning off, Tablet turning on, and myself and someone else seeing the same black shadow phenomena while awake makes it all a bit much to explain away. I like concrete answers.

3:33 am in the East coast. Anything happen? Do you know about 3:33 am in the Catholic church? Where is your girlfriend at and what is she doing?

No idea about 3:33 AM significance? I heard her coughing.

I DON'T love this shit!!! I'm open minded and try to find the easiest and most logical explanation. I'm all for coincidence but the stuff in my house is pushing my limits. The DVR turning off and tablet turning on is weird. The Living Room feeling like it's 58 degrees is weird. The scratches and black shadow are beyond weird and I'd rather have things like that go away.

Well, if this was a demon (if they existed) it seems it would likely be some kind of mischief demon. Unless you sacrificed something a demon might like. There’s one called Raum and it could give you small “crow like” scratches. Your GF hasn’t had an abortion or anything recently right?

Just heard tapping noises in the kitchen? Sounds like it came from the wall on the other side of the TV?

Oh, in case it matters, my girl started going to sleep with the TV on in the bedroom. It started when I was away on travel. She never said why.

Just heard tapping noises in the kitchen? Sounds like it came from the wall on the other side of the TV?

Oh, in case it matters, my girl started going to sleep with the TV on in the bedroom. It started when I was away on travel. She never said why.

If she had an abortion while you were away and the doctor was into demons and sacrificed the baby to Raum then that could be the problem.

Back