AQUAMAN Movie ($67.4 Million U.S. Opening Weekend)

Status
Not open for further replies.
im down for some crazy visuals in IMAX - even if the story is bad.

James Wan fucked up the Fast and Furious franchise when he took over for Justin Lin.

Gonna pass.

Better than infinity war?

I expect good visuals, maybe good score but nothing more.

Is this movie retconning JL or still part of DCEU?

Aside from that at least we get to see something this year from DC warner bros

I mean when has Twitter ever misrepresented anything?

Without even looking at the reviews from paid shills, let me guess, this one is really good? Cross DC's heart, hope to die?

*Looking at them...
Yup, paid shills all over the place. Either that or the gift packages at the screenings were off the chain. Several of them used "absolute blast", "See it on the big screen" or weirdly similar lines, which is providing me with more information than needed. C'mon, at least pretend you didn't get a cheat sheet.

That said, of course i'll see it on the big screen.

Looking more into posted twitter stuff, some people out there are BAT SHIT CRAZY. @wayoutstuff says "It's another step in the right direction for the DCEU "
At this point, I can only imagine this is an elaborate troll job. Another step? The first ones being....?? MoS? Suicide squad? BvS? Mustachstrophy? Or are they referring to Wonder woman (which was not a good movie by any means, but it's not a complete trainwreck, so it has that going for it, i guess).

@rustypolished is a bit more grounded with "honestly both good and bad" and "If nothing else, it looks great". Seems fair. I'll take this as a starting point for my expectations.

Can never trust any of these early reactions. Been burned too many times.

I appreciate the effort in collecting them...but early twitter reactions have proven time and again to be pointless. I don't even bother reading them anymore.

I was going to say "They can't all be shills" but I guess that's actually not true, considering how ready WB/DC appears to be to throw money away.

Anyway I'm pulling for Krill Drogo, hopefully this is worth seeing.

It doesn't look terrible, but at the same time there's nothing that makes me want to see it in the cinema.

The bar has been set and for this movie to work they must have at least scene where they surmount this GOAT ocean line...

Momoa is charismatic as fuck in most stuff. Seems like this will hinge on his performance.

Without even looking at the reviews from paid shills, let me guess, this one is really good? Cross DC's heart, hope to die?

*Looking at them...
Yup, paid shills all over the place. Either that or the gift packages at the screenings were off the chain. Several of them used "absolute blast", "See it on the big screen" or weirdly similar lines, which is providing me with more information than needed. C'mon, at least pretend you didn't get a cheat sheet.

That said, of course i'll see it on the big screen.

Looking more into posted twitter stuff, some people out there are BAT SHIT CRAZY. @wayoutstuff says "It's another step in the right direction for the DCEU "
At this point, I can only imagine this is an elaborate troll job. Another step? The first ones being....?? MoS? Suicide squad? BvS? Mustachstrophy? Or are they referring to Wonder woman (which was not a good movie by any means, but it's not a complete trainwreck, so it has that going for it, i guess).

@rustypolished is a bit more grounded with "honestly both good and bad" and "If nothing else, it looks great". Seems fair. I'll take this as a starting point for my expectations.

Why do you keep paying to see these movies?

I’m in regardless. Mamoa is my dude.

It seems like a lot of people in here dont want this movie to be good for some reason. The bad guys look fun in this and the sets should be cool.

Its too bad they rebooted this after the james cameron and vinny chase movie though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back