Are you a good sleeper?

Seahawks Fan

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I'm curious to know how you all sleep at night. I've recently run into some issues with sleep and it's seriously hurting my quality of life. For the last 6 or so months I've had a hard time putting a solid hour of sleep in, let alone the 8 they say you should get. I'll be super tired and hit the bed for the night, but then I'll just wake up a half hour later and do some thinking and then slowly fall asleep before I wake up again in another half hour. Rinse and repeat until the sun rises. My doc says it could be psychoschematic, like anxiety or stress or something. IDK what it is but it's horrible and I hope I snap the hell out of it soon.

Last edited:
I sleep 6 hours a night, but it’s good sleep. I fall asleep pretty much instantly and I wake up almost exactly six hours later without an alarm. Normally in bed by 11 up by 5. Once every 2 weeks or so I sleep a bit more, but never more than 8 hours. I guess that I don’t need more than that.

What are you doing in the hours leading up to bedtime? Has anything changed?

Not really but last night I dreamed of an old high school crush and baggie of cocaine that was missing and I spent more time looking for the cocaine than staring at her with her titties out. I woke up angry as hell.

No. Lifelong very light sleeper and always have a hard time falling asleep. Entire life that I can recall. Did a study and I dont got apnea or whatever its called. Movement or sound besides what its supposed to sound like and I wake up immediately

I also hate mornings , wake up rough and am a heavy caffine consumer and im sure none of thats great .

Once a week i usually gotta sleep for like 14 hours . Also probably not great.

I have found however that If i go up north or out into the sticks , The very same day I arrive I go to bed when the sun goes down and get up when it rises with no issues and perfect sleep. I wonder if I got some kinda issue with light or city air or noise. Ive lived in Wayne county my whole life. Its not really ever dark or quiet here

I can't get up early enough. Always sleep in 'til a ridiculous hour, then never get anything done.

I usually am but I don't know about tonight.

I had a bad case of jetlag that turned into insomnia roughly one year ago. For a while there, I could only sleep for a couple hours a night, if that. It was horrible. Had to go through sleep restriction therapy and CBTI, which was hard as hell, but worked. Now, I generally sleep better than I have in years, but I'm still a bit antsy and sensitive to anything that changes my routine: have to take a walk every day, meditate and spend an hour calming down before sleep.

OP, it sounds like you have a classic case of racing thoughts, which is a common sleep problem. If you don't already, you might begin doing something relaxing roughly 1/2 to 1 hour before sleep to calm yourself (going straight from stimulating activities like playing games etc. to bed can be a challenge). As we get older, we produce less melanine, meaning sleep can become more challenging. You might also consider doing 15 minutes of meditation after the workday. Meditopia is a good app for that.

Fuck no... life long chronic insomniac :(

I'm curious to know how you all sleep at night. I've recently run into some issues with sleep and it's seriously hurting my quality of life. For the last 6 or so months I've had a hard time putting a solid hour of sleep in, let alone the 8 they say you should get. I'll be super tired and hit the bed for the night, but then I'll just wake up a half hour later and do some thinking and then slowly fall asleep before I wake up again in another half hour. Rinse and repeat until the sun rises. My doc says it could be psychoschematic, like anxiety or stress or something. IDK what it is but it's horrible and I hope I snap the hell out of it soon.

This guy, in general, gives really good advice if you have sleep problems. His videos do not have great production values, but he gives really good advice.

Chew some valerian root and get more exercise.

b1117143-fb38-439c-80b4-3869230beea5-screenshot.jpg

I’m great at it now but have had probs in the past, if I was stressed with work I could sleep all night but dream I was working, I would wake up un rested and thinking I had jobs to write down that I had completed
I could lay there most of the night with my mind racing
I broke my leg this year so I took sleep extra seriously did my recovery, I did the following and still do now
No caffeine after midday
I wear blue light blocking glasses 2 hours before bed
I have a solid bedtime routine
I make the house darker the nearer to bedtime
Cold bedroom
Actively say “I’m gonna sleep great tonight”
Read a book to take my mind into dream mode
Deep breathing when I get in bed to relax all muscles, really think about it like meditation

still doing it now even though I recovered months ago as it gives me a better quality of life

For a long time I pushed myself on very little sleep, in the last year I feel like I’m facing the consequences of that. Falling asleep isn’t super hard but waking up is a bitch, even when I get a decent amount of sleep. Also I’m fat and pretty unhealthy, so there’s that too…..

I sleep ok, better than 85% of people. I second everything ARW said above, routine is key. I have an issue with deep sleep, but I quit alcohol a week ago and that's improved a lot. Might be waking up more, micro wake ups, non conscious.

Sleep is life!

You fat ?
<Steiner01>

Thinking too much, mind racing makes it hard to fall asleep. Possibly related to stress, worrying about stuff.

Not much trouble falling asleep most nights these days, but often waking up tossing and turning. Had back problems making it uncomfortable tossing and turning, but suddenly seems less hindered. Might be related to anti-inflammation food I started eating. Might have one side of back muscle bigger than the other.

I sleep ok, better than 85% of people. I second everything ARW said above, routine is key. I have an issue with deep sleep, but I quit alcohol a week ago and that's improved a lot. Might be waking up more, micro wake ups, non conscious.

Sleep is life!

<Steiner01>

He fatty fat fat !

Thinking sleep apnea.

Normally sleep well. When I have a shitty nights sleep it hits hard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back