Economy Are you pro union?

Are you pro union?

• Total voters
There already is 2 tiers of classes. Apprentice and Journeyman. You better believe the guy making half the wage is doing more work (within reason depending on the issue). Earn your place.

Fuck this sense of entitlement without putting all the work in. Nobody's obligated to be nice to you , or pass on knowledge, or save your ass when you fuck up. What your describing sounds like it would create more discontent. There's far more nuances that go into how things actually work , adleast in my field

No, Historically more tiers creates more discontent. There's plenty of data on this. You sound like the guy I worked under when I was an apprentice mason. I had to lift everything, mix all the mortar by hand, balance the foundations myself...at the end of the first 2 weeks I got paid like a day-laborer, $6 an hour.
The guy I was apprenticing under told me I was "paying my dues" with all that work I was doing while he played around with the bulldozer all day, including about an hour and a half where he was trying to find the perfect spot for the sh*t-house, and I didn't get paid sh*t.

I mean your last statement literally just equated to "no one owes it to you to actually teach you how to do a good job." Lol

Last edited:
My job can practically be described as “union busting” as I’m in-house legal counsel on the labour & employment team for one of Canada’s largest employers (130,000 employees, around 100,000 of whom are unionized) so I’m going to vote no on this one.

Then the description under your username is fitting.

The idea of unions is great the real world application has problems. One big on is corruption. Then protecting real shitheads that make everyone's life miserable at work. I don't support closed shop states.

The corporations have TEAMS of people that are in place just to destroy you on the job and they're D@MN good at it too. If you're not in a union, you're choosing to fight the corporate machine on your own. Unions aren't perfect, but it beats getting paid slave wages with no days off.

giphy.gif

This guy literally grew up to be the some corporate antagonist trope from a movie

I like how he's just brazenly "we must punish the working class for making us pay more for labor." And he describes that in vindictive terms.

I've mentioned this before but the Fathers of conservative thought had one particular common notion which was preservation of caste systems. Economic classes, in their minds, flushed out who is just better in society. Either its nobles, or of society doesnt have nobles, it's the wealthy. Nothing disgusted them more than the idea that a wealthy person and a working class or poor person could have exactly equal say on election day. Such democracy was vile, was a travesty. This guy is clearly of that ilk

Last edited:
Just getting a pulse with the UAW strike action potential looming (they are asking for massive raises and a four day work week).

Fellow forum user are you pro union? Indifferent? Or against unions?
The working man has no chance against the Corporate State without a union. Unions aren't perfect but they are very necessary.

Yes. In fact Fain is basing what they are asking for as a relative percentage of profitability and what raises and bonuses the executives got.
Cool now imagine that happening in the Fed, state or big tech. Where the margins massive (gains and deficits too).

so will unions force employees to take pay cuts when organizations lose money? If you want a share in profits you should also contribute when loses occur. That’s a truer partnership.

execs are not unionized they don’t enjoy a lot of perks but yes they are grossly overcompensated compared to a unionized worker cause they operate under free market conditions for better or worse.
Edit: I just want to add most of the perks exec enjoy like benefits, insurance, vacations, matching etc are all thanks to what unions negotiated for their unionized members so I am sure execs do Love unions too on a personal level. But despise me too when HR and payroll costs eat up most of the budget.

bottom line : it is our constitutional right to unionize in most settings

Last edited:
Cool now imagine that happening in the Fed, state or big tech. Where the margins massive (gains and deficits too).

so will unions force employees to take pay cuts when organizations lose money? If you want a share in profits you should also contribute when loses our.

execs are not unionized they don’t enjoy a lot of perks but yes they are grossly overcompensated compared to a unionized worker cause they operate under free market conditions for better or worse.
Edit: I just add most of the perks exec enjoy like benefits, insurance, vacations, matching etc are all thanks to what unions negotiated for their unionized members so I am sure execs do
Love unions too

Naturally if the company becomes less profitable, everyone loses money. I dont see why that's even a question. This is why good Unions have John placement as part of their membership benefits, this way if a company tanks they can assure their members get work elsewhere. It's just also normal for companies to blame Unions for their own sh*ttiness, like Yellow did

CEO's get some pretty wild sh*t in their compensation packages. I dont even see a need to bring that up considering how many millions those tend to be worth compared to the workers. Fain us literally being called a Communist for suggesting workers get the same percentage as the Execs. I don't think they like Unions, they do everything to disempower them

No, Historically more tiers creates more discontent. There's plenty of data on this. You sound like the guy I worked under when I was an apprentice mason. I had to lift everything, mix all the mortar by hand, balance the foundations myself...at the end of the first 2 weeks I got paid like a day-laborer, $6 an hour.
The guy I was apprenticing under told me I was "paying my dues" with all that work I was doing while he played around with the bulldozer all day, including about an hour and a half where he was trying to find the perfect spot for the sh*t-house, and I didn't get paid sh*t.

I mean your last statement literally just equated to "no one owes it to you to actually teach you how to do a good job." Lol
Wtf did you expect to get paid like after the first 2 weeks lol like what a stupid comment. I did masonry too. Did you expect to just half ass learn how to mix motor then go right to laying bricks.

My company is planning to be an EOC in 3 years, and with that I'll be in the 6 figures club. So I'm glad we are not lol

As a Mason of 25 years, yeah that's about right. You start out with low wages and the shit work. You have to prove that you worth teaching because most people can't handle that profession. And believe it or not, it costs the owner alot to teach you to be a complete and competent mason.

Tim Scott praises Reagan's Union busting, cites firing if Federal workers as "a good exampe" of responses to strikes:

https://www.axios.com/2023/09/19/tim-scott-fire-strike-reagan-uaw

Nikki Haley responding to the ludicrous idea that workers want the same raise as CEO's:

"It tells you that when you have the most pro-union President, and he touts that he is emboldening the unions this is what you get...when you have a President that's constantly saying 'go union, go union,' this is what you get, the unions get emboldened and they start asking for things..."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.me...i-haley-biden-is-the-most-pro-union-president

Both of these corporatist goons attempted to say the Union demands come at the expense of taxpayers, as if Unions are subsidized entirely with tax money. And as if Union workers arent ALSO taxpayers.

Ladies and gentlemen, your "populist, for the working class GOP"...openly admitting that this administration is far more Pro Union than they are, and given the power theyd bust Unions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derik
Back