As a hater... have you ever felt bad for the guy you were rooting against?

i did hate weidman too
loved when luke beat him
but i knew chris was always a legit A fighter. still is.
its been sad seeing him lose every time since he was champ. its like he cant buy a win.

I always rooted against Former Pride fighters when they started entering teh ufc.

I never had anything against the fighters really. At the time I was sick of hearing all the Pride nuthuggers.

I seriously can't think of an event that would make me feel bad for that queef Cringby Covington. No loss that unjust, no injury that brutal.

As for Conor, the only thing that would make me feel bad for him is if something seriously bad happened to his son.

Those are the only fighters I can admit to being a hater of. A lot of others I root against in every fight, but don't really feel that strongly about them.
Can't wish an injury on a fighter, don't care who it is. Actually think it's pretty fucked up but each to his/her own.

Rashad Evans when he got turned into Shadface.
I was rooting for Machida but that shit was brutal.
<mma2>
And finally when he retired after losing 5 in a row... it was sad to see.
Can't say I ever really *hated* Shad tho.
It was crazy how fast Rashad fell off. He had the perfect combination of speed, power, and wrestling. I guess he just never mentally recovered from that ko.

I always feel bad for CoGar because his chin is the one (glass) weak link between him ruling a division and him not being remembered by this forum in 10 years.

Can't wish an injury on a fighter, don't care who it is. Actually think it's pretty fucked up but each to his/her own.

I don't wish anything like that. I just wouldn't feel bad if it happened. But I don't root for them to get injured, just embarrassed.

I hated Hendo and Crocop for over a decade until I got to watch them lose via KO repeatedly. After that all my hate was gone.

Hendo won the title in his last fight imo
Crocop was another grand prix

While at one point in time I hated them, I've grown to admire and respect them both.
How is it possible to hate hendo?

Takanori Gomi.
I always thought he was overrated and had a limited skill set. After he was exposed by Aurelio and Diaz I kinda became a fan of his for a while. Then he came to the UFC and has been on the Ken Shamrock farewell tour ever since.

It was crazy how fast Rashad fell off. He had the perfect combination of speed, power, and wrestling. I guess he just never mentally recovered from that ko.
Yup.
Machida derailed quite a few promising careers if you look into it...

There are some fighters I dislike and some that I wanted to see lose so badly.
First one was Fedor. Do not dislike the man. How could anyone? He's a class act. But, I really wanted to see him lose a fight.
When he lost to Werdum it was....... strangely unsatisfying. When he lost to Hendo it was more I was happy for Hendo than happy to see Fedor lose. It now makes me very happy to see Fedor is still super dangerous even now.

Israel Adesanya, I can't stand his corny crap jokes, his stupid shaped head and his irritating arrogance. I also dislike that he chose all his fights. In context, now I realise he genuinely picked on Marvin Vettori and it was over some incident in a night club where Marvin didn't give him a friendly greet back or some petty little shit like that. Same with Derek Brunson.
Then I found that clip of that Perreira whatshisname guy knocking out Israel.
Again, strangely......... unsatisfying.

I don't wish anything like that. I just wouldn't feel bad if it happened. But I don't root for them to get injured, just embarrassed.
Then I'm in total agreement with you about colby. :)

Conor when he got punched in the face after he lost.... when I find out next day that he started it.. my hate got bigger and I was glad about everything. So yeah, but only for less than a day.

So...Conors sitting on his ass and Khabib jumps the fence and attacks his crew and "Conor started it"?

Lol

Gray Maynard.

Now that he's been KOed numerous times, I feel bad rooting for Edgar and others against him.

Back