As a martial artist myself I feel like the UFC/WME-IMG has tarnished our image as martial artists

Actually, people watching UFC are a lot less douchy, assholish, trash talking, dumb, etc etc than people at other sporting events
lmao, mma has the trashiest and shittiest fans in all of sports and it's not even a contest. Even WWE fans are friendlier and more respectable.

TUF really turned me off the MMA. Instead of trying to grow it the normal way, they have to use reality TV drama, and promise of 15 mins of fame.

Quit looking to blame something else over the fact that she wasn’t interested in you.

lmao, mma has the trashiest and shittiest fans in all of sports and it's not even a contest. Even WWE fans are friendlier and more respectable.

Soccer football fans in other countries, college football fans, and NFL fans are the worst. How many stories are there about people getting killed over UFC? There's stories about people getting killed not just beat up over these sports.

From my personal experiences, it is not the case. I am someone who watches sports in the bar--mostly football, boxing and UFC.

With all this “WWE-esque” stuff UFC is pulling lately I feel like they are giving us martial artists a bad wrap among general public.

For example, I went on a date this past Friday and she asked me what I liked to do as a hobby. When I told her I practiced martial arts she was disgusted and associated it with all the negative aspects of UFC and the fighters (the shit talking, violence outside the Octagon, lack of sportmanship etc.). My date pretty much went downhill after that and now she won’t even respond to my texts. No joke.

Is it just me? Any martial artists on Sherdog feel the same?

Maybe you should have showered after your BJJ session when you got tapped by a small girl.

Probably would have helped.

Quit dating idiots, or quit attracting them. Either way, its probably contagious.

They'll form a new image of it based on you. If you bring the respect, maturity, and brush your hair... prospects are good. If you have a colored skull tattoo on your neck and show up pounding a Monster Energy Drink, well then... yeah. Same old shit.

Really you didn't have an image as a martial artist before the UFC.

Back