ASH VS. EVIL DEAD Thread (Cancelled After Season 3)

This was probabably the best series I've ever watch.

You won't get bored, everything is funny and gory.

This show is severely missing a clever intelligence that Army of Darkness had, and it's also missing a dark horror thing that the Evil Dead's had.

What this show puts in their place, is a bunch of blood & guts, and really stupid convoluted nonsensical 'plot', neither of which is a good substitute.

That said... it's still better to have some Ash, rather than no Ash. So I guess I find it worth watching.

What changed? Was it the second season?

Still thought the 2nd season was great. Just an all around fun show to watch

I still haven't seen the second season, hope to catch it soon

Finally got around to checking this out. Seven episodes in. Pretty damn awesome.

Just watched Army of Darkness again.
*tightens straps on metal arm, breaks fourth wall *

"Groovy."

I've been meaning to watch this forever now. I never realised how highly rated it was, might check it out after I finish Master Of None.

For someone who watched the Evil Dead movies as a teenager, and has waited almost two decades for more Ash on the screen, (not counting the video games, but yes, I played all of those too) this show has not disappointed. Amazingly fun to watch. Hail to the king, baby.

Now that this is on Netflix I'll be able to watch the second season. Firs season was a blast.

I started watching when it hit Netflix, and due to some days working at home I was able to binge watch almost all of the episodes. I think it's a really fun show. Army of Darkness was one of my favorite movies growing up and this is a good spiritual successor to that.

Evil Dead is love
Evil Dead is life

Finished the first season. Incredible from beginning to end. If you're an Evil Dead fan, this is an embarrassment of riches. Quite simply put, it's perfect. One of the best single seasons of any show I've ever seen. Other than some shoddy CGI gore in the very first episode(which never rears it's ugly head again), I have nothing negative to say about it.

If you haven't seen it yet, stop whatever else you're watching on Netflix, and get on it.

Also, big fan of the half hour format. Made it a breeze to get through, and easier to commit to a binge.

10/10

Also just discovered that I have the Canadian channel that broadcasts this. Thank you "Super Channel". Never knew why I had you, until now. Onto season 2.

Got done with the first 2 seasons in Netflix a couple days ago.

I miss it severely already! I can't wait for season 3.

They nailed it with a combination of nods to the original and new ideas to the Evil Dead lore.

Everything felt right

Through 2 episodes now and this is fucking awesome. So far I'm really liking Pablo is funny as shit

Through 2 episodes now and this is fucking awesome. So far I'm really liking Pablo is funny as shit

Yeah, every character on this show is awesome.

The show never lets up either. It's so damn on point in continuing the Evil Dead legacy, and not one scene is wasted. No filler, all killer. It's easily my new favorite show. There was like one episode in season 2 that I thought was a little off, but only because it strayed so far from established formula, but it was still a fine episode, and did eventually come around and fit into the story quite nicely.

It's a shame it's on Starz though, because I don't think it's getting the audience it deserves. Now that it's on Netflix though, that should be remedied.

Update: January 18, 2018

Trailer for ASH VS EVIL DEAD Season 3, Returns February 25, 2018

Ash is back, baby! Get ready to face evil when Season 3 of Ash vs Evil Dead premieres February 25 on STARZ.

Back