Askren thinks he can beat Khabib "50-44"

27-0 Always mauls his opponents
vs
18-0-0-1 layin n prayin

I hate to say this, but Khabib’s striking is underrated. He has better hands than Ben. The Eagle could keep this standing and win a decision on the feet. Pure grappling match; the funky one takes it.

So there is another fight Askren would come back besides GSP. For years, Askren has said he will only fight in the UFC if it’s against GSP. Wouldn’t mind seeing Askren vs Khabib at 165.

Maybe a few years ago I would agree with you.

Last I checked Maia is going to be 41 in a couple of weeks. His cardio has been fading and watching him try to box against a guy like Covington who has barely serviceable standup was hard to watch.

I agree that Maia has been fading quite a bit throughout the years. He takes a lot of punishment in standup with his style, which would happen to Askren vs lots of guys also if he fought in the UFC. Maia should have focused purely on 170lbs division from the start.

I still believe though that even the Maia of today would beat Askren. One of the better fights stylistically for Maia.

I agree that Maia has been fading quite a bit throughout the years. He takes a lot of punishment in standup with his style, which would happen to Askren vs lots of guys also if he fought in the UFC. Maia should have focused purely on 170lbs division from the start.

I still believe though that even the Maia of today would beat Askren. One of the better fights stylistically for Maia.

Let's politely agree to disagree. Maia's track record against wrestlers is abysmal. Askren is the best wrestler at 170 in MMA and trains with Woodley.

Usman and Covington both have terrible standup and decent wrestling. Askren's standup is about the same as theirs but his wrestling is much much better.

When Ambien needs help sleeping, it takes Ben-Askren.

How do you see this fight going?

Source:

He can make 165

as far as i'm concerned askren is really a nobody. He has superior wrestling and has dominated against shitty low level fighters, in his whole record he has a few known names but nothing special, the rest of his opponents are shit.

Obviously he's nothing to be impressed about because he's been fighting for a long time and the ufc has never had any real interest in him....askren also reminds me of a white version of woodley in the sense that they both bitch and complain and cry about stuff, and keep bringing fighters names up like gsp for no good reason at all but to try and sell themselves.

gsp would probably never fight askren, no interest and askren is considered low stock, nothing to gain by beating him...most people don't even care or know who he is anyways.

Good idea, nice win for Askren.

How well has Maia done against wrestlers again?

Usman...
Covington...
Woodley...
Shields...
Weidman...
Rory... (has a solid wrestling base)
Munoz..

I was thinking the same thing but.... All this guys I believe are better strikers than Askren. In other words they easily stopped all Maias takedown attempts and outclassed him standing. Does askren have better striking than Maia? I don't know maybe similar

I was thinking the same thing but.... All this guys I believe are better strikers than Askren. In other words they easily stopped all Maias takedown attempts and outclassed him standing. Does askren have better striking than Maia? I don't know maybe similar

Usman, Covington and Shields have horrible standup. I'd say Askren is at least their equal.

Munhoz had pretty abysmal striking as well.

Let's politely agree to disagree. Maia's track record against wrestlers is abysmal. Askren is the best wrestler at 170 in MMA and trains with Woodley.

Usman and Covington both have terrible standup and decent wrestling. Askren's standup is about the same as theirs but his wrestling is much much better.
I'll remind you that some of his most spectacular wins have also happened against takedown oriented wrestlers like Sonnen & Fitch. Also the crank against Story was amazing. Maia may be fading, which is true, but not enough to lose to Askren. Too similar stylistically. But let's wrap it there. We'll agree to disagree.

Are you kidding me? He would easily stop all takedowns attempts.
And what would Askren with his standup achieve? His standup is terrible, even worse than Maia's

Ben talks ALOT.
Time for dana to stop acting like a butthurt bitch and put him into the UFC.

Askren strikes me as a dude that would accept fighting Khabib at 155, only to show up 10lbs overweight and cheesing for the cameras at the weigh-ins.

When Ambien needs help sleeping, it takes Ben-Askren.

Nice AV... still stings does it?

Askren finished 7 of his last 8 opponents and is undefeated.

And the "comment" you stole from Dana White was said back when they were pissing on each other. Funny how Dana never said that when GSP was on a 7 decision win streak.

Askren strikes me as a dude that would accept fighting Khabib at 155, only to show up 10lbs overweight and cheesing for the cameras at the weigh-ins.

Try watching a few of his fights... Never missed weight for a fight. never pulled out of a fight due to injury.

What's Khabib's pull out record again?

How do you see this fight going?

Source:

He can make 165

Of course he will say 50-44 he is not finishing anyone
Askren thinks he can beat anybody 50-44, including GSP.

It's the same like with Chandler, easy to say if you never actually have to prove it.
They both just like to talk shit . Chandler got outgrappled by will brooks enough said

MMA world cup - champions from every organization fight in a tournament every 4 years
That would be awesome and surely some butts hurt along the way, like when Dana sent chuck to pride to prove UFC was better for him to fight Wanderlei but couldn’t get passed a young Page lol.

Khabib would beat him up on the feet. Khabib's striking keeps getting better and better at AKA, Askren's striking is complete trash.

Not sure why people think this is gonna be a pure grappling match, their ground games would neutralize each other and Khabib's hands are way faster and he's just a much better striker than Askren. It would be a shitty looking kickboxing match with Khabib winning the exchanges.

Back