• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Banter with Bigslow makes its long awaited epic return...

I really didn't put any thought into the "TUF reject" comment, although as I said I think you know what I mean by it.

I think using that phrase was meant to insult, you've already said he rubs you the wrong way, you knew he'd be reading it and it's about the most offensive summary of his career you could justifiably use.

And I think my original post in this thread was very civil, although maybe I've gotten a bit defensive as people keep responding to me with what I consider to be bullshit.

I'm 27.

Cool, I've no problem with your original post, I imagine I'd agree with you to an extent or at least see your point if I read the blog.

I think using that phrase was meant to insult, you've already said he rubs you the wrong way, you knew he'd be reading it and it's about the most offensive summary of his career you could justifiably use.

Cool, I've no problem with your original post, I imagine I'd agree with you to an extent or at least see your point if I read the blog.
It certainly wasn't a compliment, I'll give you that. Although there really isn't any shame in not winning TUF when you're 5 fights into your career.

As I've said, I doubt they'd consider it playful. You think Duane would think Luke calling his wife a bitch was funny?

oh I could understand if they didnt like it...... still dont get why you are bitching about it though? :rolleyes:

just read it, you probably wouldnt.... its just Luke taking the piss basically

I saw the issue being brought up by another poster and chimed in. That's kind of what Sherdog is all about.

hahahahahahaha I actually thought you were that same guy :redface:

my bad :icon_chee:icon_chee

Impressed by the Barnatt even in defeat. dude can take punishment, I think just his cardio is a little lacking. Has serious potential. Don't let a loss to probably the 2nd best fighter in the tournament in a very close fight that will probably get fight of the season get you down. Iron Mike was on point when he said dont get discouraged.

Do you honestly believe that the UK and USA are that different? UK guys doing that is more of a humor thing, maybe some Americans take offense too it, but im not gonna generalize. Ive lived here all my life and guess what? ive ran my mouth to people (not in a jokey way like Luke to Jones whos a public figure) and got my face smashed in, and vise versa. The two countries for the most part are similar.

The thing I took from Luke's blog that I thought was funny in a hypocritical way is how he was so quick to complain about "haters" while employing the same type of "sarcasm" they do.
It's a good thing JJ isn't so thin-skinned that he doesn't "go all Diaz on your ass" when he sees Luke. You know, the way Luke threatens to do in his blog.
Me thinks he's trying wayyyy too hard to appear all hard and gangster-like.

As for the racism thing, like others have said, I don't see it. People see what they want to I guess.

was a good fight Luke, best of the season up till now. To bad you lost it tho. High entertainment value!

Impressed by the Barnatt even in defeat. dude can take punishment, I think just his cardio is a little lacking. Has serious potential. Don't let a loss to probably the 2nd best fighter in the tournament in a very close fight that will probably get fight of the season get you down. Iron Mike was on point when he said dont get discouraged.

Truth. He took some punishment and just kept coming When he was on his back he never stopped attacking. Hoping he gets another shot in the UFC.

Truth. He took some punishment and just kept coming When he was on his back he never stopped attacking. Hoping he gets another shot in the UFC.

Well, except for that final time he was on his back anyway :icon_chee

Good fight Luke. You've been a great rep for England. Dylan's got that old man strength huh? He must be one of the older dudes on the show but he utilises the OMS like a boss!

If Sherdog had a 'like' button for this comment I would of hit it.

tumblr_lnjzc8XJTB1qhfie8.gif

Hmmmm...

Never read one of these things... liked you so far on the show...

But I think your "pretending" segment is pretty... ridiculous.

I'm holding my tongue here Luke as there are consequences for what I say to you, but let me just leave it at this. I won't be cheering for you from here on out and "pretending" to know someone and how they are with say, their girlfriend or religion, is pretty silly. There are also racist undertones to some of what you said.

On a final not, "Little JJ" would snap you like a twig and he's going to demolish your coach.

Edit: inb4 someone quotes me and is all "OMG HE'S NOT GONNA SLEEP TONIGHT CUZ UR NOT A FAN!"

I don't care if he sleeps or not, cares or not or wants me or anyone else as a fan.

Looks like you spent quite a bit of time on that post for not caring...

great fight, that loss was nothing to be ashamed of. good luck on the finale fight

The thing I took from Luke's blog that I thought was funny in a hypocritical way is how he was so quick to complain about "haters" while employing the same type of "sarcasm" they do.
It's a good thing JJ isn't so thin-skinned that he doesn't "go all Diaz on your ass" when he sees Luke. You know, the way Luke threatens to do in his blog.
Me thinks he's trying wayyyy too hard to appear all hard and gangster-like.

As for the racism thing, like others have said, I don't see it. People see what they want to I guess.

Wait, you think he's actually being serious with the gangster schtick? The whole thing's gone way over your head bud lol. And no it wasn't hypocritical, some people use sarcasm to provoke a reaction, some use it in the hope that people don't take themselves too seriously, and can have a laugh at themselves. The way Luke is having a laugh at himself with the gangster schtick.

Back