Banter with Bigslow makes its long awaited epic return...

If Jon once ate friend Chicken and Luke chose that to point out, would it not have racist undertones?

Again, it is a classic racist stereotype that black men pump out as many children as possible.

Wow, how did it come to this over there? This has to be some North American thing because I've never heard these ones :eek:

EDIT: And to Luke: Good fight yesterday. All the best for your future!

Last edited:
Wow, how did it come to this over there? This has to be some North American thing because I've never heard these ones :eek:

EDIT: And to Luke: Good fight yesterday. All the best for your future!

The Chicken one is very well known although its rather stupid. Who doesn't like Fried Chicken? I love Fried Chicken. I generally just give Brothers their dues for having good taste.

The second "stereotype"is more of a socioeconomic issue than a race issue. The US welfare system is setup for people of any ethnicity to take advantage of by having more children to get a bigger piece of a welfare check. Its a distinct problem with the US social services system and is a race neutral issue.

Hey guys!

Thanks so much for all the support & taking the time to read my blogs & interact with me and everything! Has been awesome.

You learn something from everyone. Today I learnt I'm a racist... apparently from my long winded slander of Little JJ all people could pick up on is I'm racist. All I can say is I think its extremely sad that not only people feel this way but that they highlight it and argue about it.. there was nothing racist what so ever in my mind when I wrote those remarks. So if you think its remotely racist then you are the one with the issue. All I wanted to communicate with that message was: Fuck Jon Jones #TeamSonnen

Enjoy the rest of the series! I've loved being part of it & sharing it with everyone.

Peace

Bigz

Luke you aren't racist and I thoroughy enjoyed your blog. I was cheering for you in your fight although it was hard not to see both you and Dylan win. You have a great skillset and i'm excited for this cast of TUF. I think there are a good 5-6 guys(including yourself) who have a legitimate run of fights in the UFC. Very talented cast compared to years past.

Knock this one up to 1 guy that went all in on a comment he didnt fully comprehend and had to run with it to avoid ridicule. Unfortunately for him he got in that Internet Quicksand moment which he'll figure out tomorrow was a poor misjudgement on his part.

Today I learnt I'm a racist... apparently from my long winded slander of Little JJ all people could pick up on is I'm racist. All I can say is I think its extremely sad that not only people feel this way but that they highlight it and argue about it.. there was nothing racist what so ever in my mind when I wrote those remarks.

It was one overly sensitive man-child, no-one else was crying foul. Good effort in your fight with Dylan, it was certainly one of the better fights of the season.

Looking forward to you representing East Anglia in the finals!

Knock this one up to 1 guy that went all in on a comment he didnt fully comprehend and had to run with it to avoid ridicule. Unfortunately for him he got in that Internet Quicksand moment which he'll figure out tomorrow was a poor misjudgement on his part.

Haha, perfectly phrased there.

Great stuff this season Bigslow, and a great fight with Dylan too. Looking forward to more of these blog posts along with your fighting career in the future!

I don't think he meant anything racist by it, but in all honesty Luke does run his mouth a lot. Fair enough I guess if that's how he feels, but it's just unusual to hear a fighter in his position(tuf reject) constantly talking shit, especially about people so much higher up the ladder than him. He ripped Jones a new one, is talking about how Ellenberger is unlikeable, etc. He even referred to Duane Ludwig's wife as an angry bitch in one of his previous blogs. You would have thought he steamrolled everyone on his way to the finals with his British badass gig, but I guess not, lol. Maybe I just don't get "British humor", but Luke has definitely crossed the line quite a bit for me and I was definitely able to enjoy watching him get stopped more than I usually would. I'd say hopefully it humbled him a bit, but these blogs are coming out after the fact.

Man you are an idiot. Those 2 examples have literally nothing in common with one another.

I pity you sir because you are the boy who cries racism and probably plays that card ALOT. Must suck to have that poor attitude.

Exactly.

Equating ***** and 'That dude has a lot of kids' is one of the more retarded things I've seen on these boards.

I don't think he meant anything racist by it, but in all honesty Luke does run his mouth a lot. Fair enough I guess if that's how he feels, but it's just unusual to hear a fighter in his position(tuf reject) constantly talking shit, especially about people so much higher up the ladder than him. He ripped Jones a new one, is talking about how Ellenberger is unlikeable, etc. He even referred to Duane Ludwig's wife as an angry bitch in one of his previous blogs. You would have thought he steamrolled everyone on his way to the finals with his British badass gig, but I guess not, lol. Maybe I just don't get "British humor", but Luke has definitely crossed the line quite a bit for me and I was definitely able to enjoy watching him get stopped more than I usually would. I'd say hopefully it humbled him a bit, but these blogs are coming out after the fact.

First of all, how is he a TUF reject? I distinctly saw him fight the Fight of the Season so far last night. He is going to get fights in the UFC and is damn good at what he does. No shame in losing to Dylan who looks to be a very good fighter. Might need to work on his wrestling a little bit but hey, 6'6 185 is not an ideal frame for wrestling. The dude is working on his persona. Ali gets praisied for it but another man does it and they get villified? Come on now.

It would be one thing if he was legitimately insulting and pointing out one guy. He's not. He's making fun of everyone.

Its why the people who conduct Roasts, the south park guys,Daniel Tosh,etc. get passes. Its all in good sport. They make fun of everyone, including themselves, for a laugh. That has nothing to do with British Humo(u)r and everything to do with good natured ribbing. If you cant laugh at yourself occassionally, thats your own problem.The word "Respect" gets thrown out by too many individuals that get sand in their Vadge.

First of all, how is he a TUF reject? I distinctly saw him fight the Fight of the Season so far last night. He is going to get fights in the UFC and is damn good at what he does. No shame in losing to Dylan who looks to be a very good fighter. Might need to work on his wrestling a little bit but hey, 6'6 185 is not an ideal frame for wrestling. The dude is working on his persona. Ali gets praisied for it but another man does it and they get villified? Come on now.

It would be one thing if he was legitimately insulting and pointing out one guy. He's not. He's making fun of everyone.

Its why the people who conduct Roasts, the south park guys,Daniel Tosh,etc. get passes. Its all in good sport. They make fun of everyone, including themselves, for a laugh. That has nothing to do with British Humo(u)r and everything to do with good natured ribbing. If you cant laugh at yourself occassionally, thats your own problem.The word "Respect" gets thrown out by too many individuals that get sand in their Vadge.
He didn't even make it to the semis brah, let's not get into that debate. And his wrestling isn't what got him finished. That's cool if you're fine with him constantly running his mouth, but I have a different perspective on the issue and I'd bet the fighters I mentioned do too. Most of the shit he says is pretty insulting and not in good fun.

Believe this or not i dont care but i use to go to school with Dylan from year 7-10 ive seen him been beat up a fuckload one thing i always thought was fuck he can take a punch i literally seen 5 dudes beating the shit out of him at lunch, he got sent home and came back after school had ended with a trolley bar and beat the fuck out of all of them.

Dylan vs Luke was fight of the season in my opinion!! wow

Believe this or not i dont care but i use to go to school with Dylan from year 7-10 ive seen him been beat up a fuckload one thing i always thought was fuck he can take a punch i literally seen 5 dudes beating the shit out of him at lunch, he got sent home and came back after school had ended with a trolley bar and beat the fuck out of all of them.

lol awesome :icon_chee:icon_twis

Hey Bigslow--you got a big heart and great attitude. Nice fight. Keep it up!!

He didn't even make it to the semis brah, let's not get into that debate. And his wrestling isn't what got him finished. That's cool if you're fine with him constantly running his mouth, but I have a different perspective on the issue and I'd bet the fighters I mentioned do too. Most of the shit he says is pretty insulting and not in good fun.

Nate Quarry got a title shot and didnt make the semis. there are a bunch of guys that got 5,10+ fights in the octagon that didnt make the semi's

His wrestling wasnt what got him finished but it was what directly led to a 3rd round. He got caught with a combination of punches in a very evenly matched fight in which he was winning in the striking dept. I think a tip of the cap is in order to Dylan.

1. I can guarantee you have called someone elses significant other a bitch. get off your high horse
2.Where throughout that blog did Luke insult Ellenberger? Sounds to me like someone expressing a valid opinion. I think Jake has some pretty scary power. Im not sure if Nate still trains with the Quest guys but that might have something to do with it as well.
"Nate wasn't so great with Jake taking his head off in impression fashion but for some reason I just can't become a fan of Jake, no idea why! just doesn't have anything that grabs my attention, even though he is a badass, anyone else feel like this? 0 star power maybe?"

Nate Quarry got a title shot and didnt make the semis. there are a bunch of guys that got 5,10+ fights in the octagon that didnt make the semi's

His wrestling wasnt what got him finished but it was what directly led to a 3rd round. He got caught with a combination of punches in a very evenly matched fight in which he was winning in the striking dept. I think a tip of the cap is in order to Dylan.

1. I can guarantee you have called someone elses significant other a bitch. get off your high horse
2.Where throughout that blog did Luke insult Ellenberger? Sounds to me like someone expressing a valid opinion. I think Jake has some pretty scary power. Im not sure if Nate still trains with the Quest guys but that might have something to do with it as well.
"Nate wasn't so great with Jake taking his head off in impression fashion but for some reason I just can't become a fan of Jake, no idea why! just doesn't have anything that grabs my attention, even though he is a badass, anyone else feel like this? 0 star power maybe?"
Nate Quarry got injured on the show and couldn't continue smart guy. And lol at "get off your high horse". Is that all you have? I have a problem with him talking so much shit about guys that would clown him. I have a problem with him talking shit about other fighter's wives. Again, if you don't that's cool. But I do. He's been pretty classless in his blogs really. He's pretty opinionated for a guy that didn't even make the semis on TUF. He's a young guy that's been thrust into the spotlight overnight, but he's taking it too far at times in his attempt to be witty. He'll make a lot of enemies if he keeps it up.

yeah... I don't really think you are that funny and talking shit about a guy who could absolutely demolish you in the octagon isn't really a good look for anyone. hey, good fight man you definitely have a future in the UFC, especially if you evolve some TDD, but mind your superiors a tad more. I mean seriously, talking shit about Jon Jones? Not only is it not very original but the dude would murder you and you know that. why even be so disrespectful anyway? seems like Chael rubbed off on you, which isn't exclusively a good thing.

Nate Quarry got injured on the show and couldn't continue smart guy. And lol at "get off your high horse". Is that all you have? I have a problem with him talking so much shit about guys that would clown him. I have a problem with him talking shit about other fighter's wives. Again, if you don't that's cool. But I do. He's been pretty classless in his blogs really. He's pretty opinionated for a guy that didn't even make the semis on TUF. He's a young guy that's been thrust into the spotlight overnight, but he's taking it too far at times in his attempt to be witty. He'll make a lot of enemies if he keeps it up.

My view and pretty much everyone else from the UK's view would be to get over it. Who cares what people are saying, it's not like he's saying he'd beat Jon Jones, just that he doesn't like him. I guess you're one of those people where if you can beat someone in a fight they should bow down to you out of fear

My view and pretty much everyone else from the UK's view would be to get over it. Who cares what people are saying, it's not like he's saying he'd beat Jon Jones, just that he doesn't like him. I guess you're one of those people where if you can beat someone in a fight they should bow down to you out of fear
There's a difference between "bowing down to someone" and simply not needlessly running your mouth about some of the best in the business. Luke literally seems to have something negative to say about everyone in his blog and all I'm saying is it's personally rubbed me the wrong way. Am I entitled to my own opinion? I bet you'd have a different opinion if some nobody American on TUF was "slagging off" some of the best Brits in the game.

There's a difference between "bowing down to someone" and simply not needlessly running your mouth about some of the best in the business. Luke literally seems to have something negative to say about everyone in his blog and all I'm saying is it's personally rubbed me the wrong way. Am I entitled to my own opinion? I bet you'd have a different opinion if some nobody American on TUF was "slagging off" some of the best Brits in the game.

Not at all, people are always going to piss and moan about stuff. If they're wrong/or being out of line well then fine, they can go through life doing that and other level-headed people should be able to see that too.

With regards to Luke's supposed negativity - how many stand-up shows have you seen where the guy with the microphone talks about how great things are and how nice everyone is? None, purely because people don't want to listen/read to to it.

BTW I'm not saying Luke Barnatt is a comedian, just scale down what he's doing and it's essentially the same thing

Not at all, people are always going to piss and moan about stuff. If they're wrong/or being out of line well then fine, they can go through life doing that and other level-headed people should be able to see that too.

With regards to Luke's supposed negativity - how many stand-up shows have you seen where the guy with the microphone talks about how great things are and how nice everyone is? None, purely because people don't want to listen/read to to it.

BTW I'm not saying Luke Barnatt is a comedian, just scale down what he's doing and it's essentially the same thing
That's what I pretty much already said, he's going over the top in his attempt to be witty. To have something interesting to say. And it personally rubs me the wrong way. And I'm sure it would rub Jon Jones the wrong way if he read that. Or Jake Ellenberger. Or Duane Ludwig. He doesn't have to insult all these people in order to write a blog. He's been pretty classless with a lot of the shit he's said and that's a fact.

Back