BART Withholding Surveillance Videos Of Crime To Avoid ‘Stereotypes’

TheFirstEMP

Overdone and dry!
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...illance-videos-of-crime-to-avoid-stereotypes/

SAN FRANCISCO (KPIX) — In the last three months, there have been at least three robberies on BART involving groups of teenagers.

“I think people are genuinely concerned — they are fearful about the stories that have come out about the recent attacks, the assaults, the thefts,” said Debora Allen, who is a member of the BART Board of Directors.

April 22: Forty to sixty kids boarded a train at the Coliseum stop and robbed seven passengers, beating up two;

June 28: A group of four kids assaulted a passenger and made off with a cell phone at Dublin; and

June 30: A woman on a train with about a dozen teenagers had her phone snatched by one them before the group got off at the Coliseum stop. Thankfully, a good Samaritan was on hand to retrieve the phone.

Statement for justification refusal to release surveillance video:
“To release these videos would create a high level of racially insensitive commentary toward the district,” she was told. “And in addition it would create a racial bias in the riders against minorities on the trains.”

The terminology used is very telling of what is happening. Won't stop the "stereotyping" and will only keep the BART less safe. San Fran will only learn when it starts costing them money.

Truth hurts, when reality contradicts my utopia, I've to edit reality so it fits my world view.

I read your whole post and i still dont know if bart is referring to the simpsons.

http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/20...illance-videos-of-crime-to-avoid-stereotypes/

Statement for justification refusal to release surveillance video:

The terminology used is very telling of what is happening. Won't stop the "stereotyping" and will only keep the BART less safe. San Fran will only learn when it starts costing them money.

i take bart every single day. the combination of ultra-liberalism and the lack of surveillance cameras is going to mean more people are going to be robbed. i had my wallet snatched once after going out drinking. as i went through the turnstile and went to put my ticket back in my wallet, this guy to the right of me who had passed his own turnstile, grabbed my wallet from my hand and ran. i ran for like ten seconds calling him a motherfucker and piece of shit, but the guy was, ahem...athletic, and there was no way for me to catch up.

this is why i ALWAYS take out my bart ticket out of my wallet before getting close to the turnstiles. that way, the only thing they'll snatch is my ticket, which is way better than my entire wallet.

Truth hurts, when reality contradicts my utopia, I've to edit reality so it fits my world view.

dude, the bay area is paradise for all things liberalism. i'm honestly conflicted about living in this area. the scenery and weather is beautiful, but the politics are so fucked up.

Most people just use BORT anyway

reality doesnt fit my narrative... i can either admit to reality or just censor all countering evidence... hard choice

dat societal engineering

What ever happened to transparency? Also, it's no mystery as to who the culprits are. They are 100% African Americans. Based on the location and the descriptions given by Bart.

Also, how do you expect us to catch/prevent these criminals if you don't show us the surveillance? I bet they know these kids. This is ridiculous. Wtf happened to the world?

The truth is the truth. How can you hide us from the truth? I thought we're in America.

We need to hold protests and strikes outside of BART. This is unacceptable.

This doesn't help anything, in fact it only makes things worse. Anyone reading that knows damn well that when they say "minorities" they mean black guys, nobody is under the impression that a bunch of Asian or East Indian kids were in packs robbing people. So withholding the video isn't gonna make racist douches any less racist, and it isn't gonna present a better image for black people, but it will feed into paranoid "white genocide" type fantasies about the media and government.

i take bart every single day. the combination of ultra-liberalism and the lack of surveillance cameras is going to mean more people are going to be robbed. i had my wallet snatched once after going out drinking. as i went through the turnstile and went to put my ticket back in my wallet, this guy to the right of me who had passed his own turnstile, grabbed my wallet from my hand and ran. i ran for like ten seconds calling him a motherfucker and piece of shit, but the guy was, ahem...athletic, and there was no way for me to catch up.

this is why i ALWAYS take out my bart ticket out of my wallet before getting close to the turnstiles. that way, the only thing they'll snatch is my ticket, which is way better than my entire wallet.
You need to just understand that the "teenager" who stole your wallet didn't actually steal from you. It's their culture, they need it more than you and you should appropriate accordingly.

dude, the bay area is paradise for all things liberalism. i'm honestly conflicted about living in this area. the scenery and weather is beautiful, but the politics are so fucked up.

The Bay Area has beautiful weather? Coulda fooled me, it was horrible the summer month I spent in San Francisco. Honestly besides the food I'd be hard pressed to think of anything that impressed me. No offense.

kpTZUuG.png

Back