Bellator 134: Newton vs. McGeary 6:45PM ET Prelims/9PM ET MAIN CARD DISCUSSION

Damage isn't a part of scoring criteria fairly. Scar tissue and fight mileage is real.

Overall, epically shit card tonight. UFC still running with the belt. Bellator, I'm still glad you're around.

Hey, we're all missing the point here, we could argue all night ...

But King Mo is Bellator's second ranked Heavyweight! lol...

wait is this true? lol I know he beat kongo, but does 1 fight at HW make him #2?

Fodder for Mo and his Money fights. Don't think Mo couldn't grapple fuck those guys.

Minanov would wreck Mo.

Honestly I think both Minanov and Volkov would do well in the UFC's lackluster heavyweight division. Kongo and Lashley get promoted on Bellator because of their name but Minanov and Volkov beat both.

Agreed.

Bader beats both up.

Manuwa against Liam would be a good fight.

Ooh, not sure, but I think you've pinpointed the right matchup.

I think Bader controls Newton, but not quite like Perosh. It'd be a good scrap with Bader edging out a decision. I do like McCreary to beat Phil Davis, however.

Both of these Bellator guys are good fighters, in any event.

I think there should be an immediate rematch with newton vs liam. I have newton again

Liam thought he lost.

I had it 2-2 going to the last, with Newton winning the 5th.

There were no 10-8's.

As an Englander, I was glad to see Liam win, but Newton really won that fight.

If anyone with a brain saw that replay at the end there, Liam legitimately thought he lost. I agree with your scoring. Close fight still. I doubt there will be a rematch. I wonder what Coker does with King Mo.

Minanov would wreck Mo.

Honestly I think both Minanov and Volkov would do well in the UFC's lackluster heavyweight division. Kongo and Lashley get promoted on Bellator because of their name but Minanov and Volkov beat both.

Good point on the division depth, but I think you're underrating what Mo's wrestling can do at HW. Kongo had success wrestling. Mo could have more.

Minanov would wreck Mo.

Yeah, Minakov and Volkov are top 15 HW's. Frankly, an enterprising person could make a good argument that roughly half of the top 15 HW's in the world aren't even in UFC. That list would include the previous two, plus Kharitonov, Fedor, Kongo / King Mo (I mean, would you REALLY pick Mir over King Mo?), perhaps even Ishii.

Close fight, Newton also has that jake shields effect on people. Makes people look bad including himself, but still a great fighter tough as nails... I think people are being a little harsh on these two or not seen Newton fight much

Yeah, Minakov and Volkov are top 15 HW's. Frankly, an enterprising person could make a good argument that roughly half of the top 15 HW's in the world aren't even in UFC. That list would include the previous two, plus Kharitonov, Fedor, Kongo / King Mo (I mean, would you REALLY pick Mir over King Mo?), perhaps even Ishii.

Uhhh...

No. Just no. I'm out after this shit post. Thanks for the chat fellas.

Until now, I didn't realize there was so many newton fan boys on these forums. People are sounding about as butthurt about the decision as bellator management seemed to be.

48-47 Liam

Newton will automatically get a rematch probably so he will have a chance to get that loss redeemed

I would absolutely pick Mir over Mo.

Uhhh...

No. Just no. I'm out after this shit post. Thanks for the chat fellas.

I guess if you think Molasses Mir, non-TRT bigfoot, elderly Arlovski, Brendan Fuckin' Glassjaw Schaub, Zombie Cro Cop, ancient half-retired Barnett, and world-beater Roy Nelson are so dominant that guys like Minakov and Kharitonov couldn't jump in and give them a hell of a fight, then, well...

Um...

It's probably good you just leave the thread.

I would absolutely pick Mir over Mo.

Really? I like Mir. I think he's very skilled and have followed him for years. But an undersized and soft Cormier dominated Mir against the cage. I'm not saying Mo is DC (not by far), but Mo did just push around a pretty big and strong guy in Kongo.

Mo would be faster, more athletic / younger with better cardio. Mir would have more brute strength and some more effective (powerful) boxing. It's more or less a pick-em fight, but I'd favor Mo by -120 or so.

I would definitely pick Mir over Mo. He would break his arm. I agree with the rest though.

Volkov has fight twice outside of Bellator. He actually fought last month. Minanov on the other hand hasn't fought in almost a year.

I guess if you think Molasses Mir, non-TRT bigfoot, elderly Arlovski, Brendan Fuckin' Glassjaw Schaub, Zombie Cro Cop, ancient half-retired Barnett, and world-beater Roy Nelson are so dominant that guys like Minakov and Kharitonov couldn't jump in and give them a hell of a fight, then, well...

Um...

It's probably good you just leave the thread.

I'd pick Barnett over every single one of them. In no dimension does Mo or any of the others beat Barnett.

Bellator has a god awful HW division, the opposite of Strikeforce oddly enough. Great smaller fights, shit LHW and HW fights.

Way to make yourself look smart?

Douche

I'm on his side. Calling them **** fights makes you sound like a huge tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back