Bellator 295 Stots vs Mix

Considering it wws going against Davis vs Garcia, this is pretty decent.
Like always, these are just the cable version of Showtime, not saying it did amazing, but leaves out streaming which is most of showtime nowadays

Like always, these are just the cable version of Showtime, not saying it did amazing, but leaves out streaming which is most of showtime nowadays
The biggest takeaway from these events was not Mix's victory or Inaba's performance but the horrible commentary. Lencioni displayed some slick grappling and pulled an awesome reverse triangle but Big John could not have been less impressed about it. Then Mix pulls a knee from hell to win the BWGP in spectacular fashion and Sean Grande sounds like an unimpressed robot. These guys needs to show some excitement to make more people care about it.

The biggest takeaway from these events was not Mix's victory or Inaba's performance but the horrible commentary. Lencioni displayed some slick grappling and pulled an awesome reverse triangle but Big John could not have been less impressed about it. Then Mix pulls a knee from hell to win the BWGP in spectacular fashion and Sean Grande sounds like an unimpressed robot. These guys needs to show some excitement to make more people care about it.
Bring back Jimmy and Wheelock, blows my mind they ever let them go

Mauro was doing Tank vs. Garcia sadly. I assume it’s a contract thing and they don’t want to release big john, but how can they leave him in there

I loved Gus Johnsons Strikeforce calls

I didn’t hear the commentary since I was watching the card live in person, but it seems that Bellator needs a “B-team” commentary team for whenever Mauro is absent. If I’m Scott Coker, I would try to get Jimmy Smith and Chael Sonnen as commentators (Sonnen would also serve as the color commentator with Mauro) while Big John can handle the in-cage interviews.

Meanwhile, Big John and Sewn Frande sound mildly impressed.

Back