Best detective looking for serial killer movies

Thanks fellas there's a few here i hadn't heard of. Some good ones too. I also wana try kiss the girls and along came a spider cuz i read kiss the girls and its really good.

I'll add Frailty and Fallen for the supernatural serial killers and The Bone Collector as well.

ONE9318_RING_GIRLS_00015.jpg

looks good to me. what kind of ridiculous standards do you have for girls that hold ring cards?
Those are LA1

Thanks fellas there's a few here i hadn't heard of. Some good ones too. I also wana try kiss the girls and along came a spider cuz i read kiss the girls and its really good.

They're both above average. Kiss the Girls substantially so.

Manhunter.

One of the most 80s films imaginable.

LA Confidential is a really good detective movie

Not really a serial killer movie though

But still it is really good

Se7en
Zodiac
Silence of the lambs
Memories of Murder

The Chaser is also a great Korean movie in a similar genre as Memories of Murder

There are also a lot of great movies of the same genre that are very similar but aren't necessarily based on a serial killer. Where they investigate a murder or kidnapping such as,

Prisoners
Gone Girl
Mystic River
Gone Baby Gone
Fargo
Primal Fear
Insomnia

Probably some others I can't think of right now. But that should be a good list to start with.

The Millenium series:
The girl with the dragon tattoo
The girl who played with fire
The girl who kicked the hornets nest

Black Sunday

Zodiac

None are your conventional good guy looking to catch the vilain films but good films none the less imo
Almost forgot about those films. The swedish films were amazing. The american remake was also great.

C
imitator.jpg

I thought Copycat was fun.

If you’re open to checking out an older film, Fritz Lang’s classic ‘M’ (1931) starting Peter Lorre, still holds up today. Great movie, and one of the true originals of the genre.

c4d6f3e036e3aa2e851e004d1b046204.jpg

As far as detective films go this should get mentioned
film-noir-chinatown-1974-movie-poster-via-professormortis-wordpress.jpg

But no serial killers in this one tho

Manhunter.

One of the most 80s films imaginable.

Manhunter is the tits

Cox is a better Lecter than Hopkins too

This isn't a traditional detective film, it's more about a detective going crazy because he's seen too much. Great film though

MV5_BMj_I0_NTk4_Nj_A3_OV5_BMl5_Ban_Bn_Xk_Ft_ZTcw_NTUw_OTc2_NA_._V1_UY1200_CR78.jpg

Literally entered the thread to type in Memories of Murder.
I Saw the Devil is another good one, but quite different in approach.
Cure is a Japanese film y Kiyoshi Kurosawa that's amazing. It has an approach that differs a lot from the genre, but is very much worth watching.
The classic 1931 film M by Fritz Lang.

If you want to see the most satisfying ending to a serial killer hunter film check out Chuck Bronson's 10 to Midnight.

There are a lot of good classic noir films and some European stuff usually German krimi or Italian crime films that often have pseudo-giallo features, but I'm not sure that's what you're looking for. Cat O'Nine Tails is a good early 70's Italian crime film about searching for a murderer.
The '79 film When a Stranger Calls starts off and ends as horror but in the middle (the bulk of the film) is a detective/crime film.
The Exorcist 3 is essentially a detective/serial killer film.
Sorry to go off topic but great shout out on kiyoshi Kurosawa he is a fantastic director I love watching his movies they are always unique big ups

Back