Elections Biden Admin needs to stop Threatening voters with Trump.

Happiness

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Last election Biden/Harris/corporate dems decided to run a 90 styles third way campaign. In thier infinite wisdom they made the decision to sacrifice progressives publicly to pursue disenfrachised "moderate republicans" in battleground states. (Setting aside the fact moderate Republicans are a group that vanishes more and more every year ((moderate anything to expand)) its not the 1990s or 80s anymore - although Biden often seems to think it is). This didn't work if you look at exit polling data. The margins in battlegrounds states were slim.

Part of the calculation was progressives, the young etc would vote dem anyway, or at the worst at least never vote for Trump. This was based on the idea Trump was an incompetent monster (which he is).

Now they are trying to threaten Muslim and young voters with Trump while providing weapons and political coverage for the murder of 10s of thousands of muslim children.

It's hard to call Trump a monster on one side as a way to get people to vote for you while on the otherside facilitating monsterous acts towards children.

Net result, Muslims and young voters will not turn out in battleground states.

It's crazy the gerontocracy of the states has gotten to this point. Two very old, mentally compromised egotists incomptentantly duking it out.

As much as I hate him, Karl Rove summed it up nicely when he said "only one guy can lose."

Last edited:
Last election Biden/Harris/corporate dems decided to run a 90 styles third way campaign. In thier infinite wisdom they made the decision to sacrifice progressives publicly to pursue disenfrachised "moderate republicans" in battleground states. (Setting aside the fact moderate Republicans are a group that vanishes more and more every year ((moderate anything to expand)) its not the 1990s or 80s anymore - although Biden often seems to think it is).

Part of the calculation was progressives, the young etc would vote dem anyway, or at the worst at least never vote for Trump. This was based on the idea Trump was an incompetent monster (which he is). This didn't work really if you look at exit polling data. They margins in battlegrounds states was slim.

Now they are trying to threaten Muslim and young voters with Trump while providing weapons and political coverage for the murder of 10s of thousands of muslim children.

It's hard to call Trump a monster on one side as a way to get people to vote for you while on the otherside facilitating monsterous acts towards children.

Net result, Muslims and young voters will not turn out in battleground states.

It's crazy the gerontocracy of the states has gotten to this point. Two very old, mentally compromised egotists incomptentantly duking it out.

As much as I hate him, Karl Rove summed it up nicely when he said "only one guy can lose."
Oh no, we are all gonna lose no matter who is President.

Oh no, we are all gonna lose no matter who is President.
images

Really I would argue that Trumps initial rise in the primaries pre 2016 election owed a lot to how much establishment Dems and their attendant media wanted him to win, they gave him masses of coverage at the time.

He was I think always viewed as an opportunity by such people more than a threat, a chance to run against him is a chance to run an almost entirely negative campaign which means you need to offer far less to your own voter base with very right leaning candidates in Hilary and Biden. It basically frees up such people to run on the platform they want to run on more, more right wing, more pro big business and in Biden's case more strongly pro Israeli, just look at the mans history there and what he's doing now seems very much inline with it.

Really the Dems always have the potential to win fairly easily if they want to, things like real universal healthcare and generally clamping down on the private healthcare sectors excessive profits have massive public support and would almost certainly win elections but of course establishment Dems are bought out by said private healthcare sector.

Really I would argue that Trumps initial rise in the primaries pre 2016 election owed a lot to how much establishment Dems and their attendant media wanted him to win, they gave him masses of coverage at the time.

He was I think always viewed as an opportunity by such people more than a threat, a chance to run against him is a chance to run an almost entirely negative campaign which means you need to offer far less to your own voter base with very right leaning candidates in Hilary and Biden. It basically frees up such people to run on the platform they want to run on more, more right wing, more pro big business and in Biden's case more strongly pro Israeli, just look at the mans history there and what he's doing now seems very much inline with it.

Really the Dems always have the potential to win fairly easily if they want to, things like real universal healthcare and generally clamping down on the private healthcare sectors excessive profits have massive public support and would almost certainly win elections but of course establishment Dems are bought out by said private healthcare sector.

I agree with everything you said mainly except I'd argue, initially, it was the media outlets that gave Trump that initial forward momentum. They feasted off the ratings and didn't care about the political consequences. I can't recall the amount of free publicity they gave Teump offhand, but it was in the billions.

You are right about the DNC wanting to run a negative campaign. Far easier to honor your promises to both your donors and your voters if you don't promise your voters anything outside "I'm not trump, Trump bad."

I was more referencing 2020 not 2016 with third way stuff.

Hilary ran a "it's my turn and I deserve it" style campaign. Still the least popular candidate in history.

I agree with everything you said mainly except I'd argue, initially, it was the media outlets that gave Trump that initial forward momentum. They feasted off the ratings and didn't care about the political consequences. I can't recall the amount of free publicity they gave Teump offhand, but it was in the billions.

You are right about the DNC wanting to run a negative campaign. Far easier to honor your promises to both your donors and your voters if you don't promise your voters anything outside "I'm not trump, Trump bad."

I was more referencing 2020 not 2016 with third way stuff.

Hilary ran a "it's my turn and I deserve it" style campaign. Still the least popular candidate in history.
Certainly part of it I'd agree but my memory of the Republican primaries was that it was places like CNN trying to play up Trump and Fox were originally playing him down a bit, granted thats a brits perspective only seeing bits of the coverage of both filtered though the net.

Doesn't matter who you will elect: Biden or Trump you are done....unless opt for other candidates. While who cares...

Certainly part of it I'd agree but my memory of the Republican primaries was that it was places like CNN trying to play up Trump and Fox were originally playing him down a bit, granted thats a brits perspective only seeing bits of the coverage of both filtered though the net.

RNC jumped on trump very late, after it was clear Cruz was done. RNCs first choice was Jeb.

Fox didn't want trump earlier either, they did want the ratings though. Specifically to Fox, Murdoch didn't want Trump. Murdoch has loathed trump for decades. Everyone loathed to Trump be fair which is part of what caught them by suprise.

CNN and MSNBC wanted the ratings. They also thought playing up Trump
A) made the Repubs look like a party of clowns (they are)
B) Trump would pull out when he got the publicity he wanted (the prevailing theroy was Trump was trying to increase his Apprentice contract by boosting his exposure as he was mid renegotiation) as he had done in the past.

Karl Rove also said Trump has no chance in winning the general election.

Karl Rove also said Trump has no chance in winning the general election.

I hate that guy so much and hes not at all accurate as a predictor of, well anything really. I just thought it summed up how bad this race is. Made me mad I saw him say it first.

Only one can lose.

Both are trying though!

I hate that guy so much. I just thought it summed up both candidates well.

Only one can lose. Both are trying though!
May hate the guy as I do he has pretty solid success behind him and FOX has him as an advisor. He was called the brain by media back when he was with Bush. He reeks of evil but so does others but his success at working with Reagan, Bush Sr. and George Bush Jr he has gotten them all to the White House. Other then Bush Sr no new taxes pledge then raising taxes something I know "Rove would have never had approved" one term all the others two terms. He's a political machine but he also has a level of believability that makes that work. His history traces all the way back to Ford.

May hate the guy as I do he has pretty solid success behind him and FOX has him as an advisor. He was called the brain by media back when he was with Bush. He reeks of evil but so does others but his success at working with Reagan, Bush Sr. and George Bush Jr he has gotten them all to the White House. Other then Bush Sr no new taxes pledge then raising taxes something I know "Rove would have never had approved" one term all the others two terms. He's a political machine but he also has a level of believability that makes that work. His history traces all the way back to Ford.

I agree with all of that. He's been off the boil in terms of reading the Rs since the neocons lost prominence. He doesn't seem to have a good read on the new Maga R party. He's Frankenstein and the Maga party is the monster. He did everything to create it but doesn't understand it and can't control it.

Wow, he's only 73. Feels like he should be much older. (Just googled when you reminded me of how long his tenure has been)

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back