BJ Penn Street Fight: What Really Happened

Who started the fight?

• Total voters
smh, these guys just can't go away peacefully sometimes.
way to tarnish your legacy, King Burrito.
you want to still brawl?
tape up and go to that Bare Knuckle circus with Paulie and Leben.

Dont know what happened but unless there is another video that I haven't seen, the one I saw was BJ getting dropped , falling flat on back( the picture that seems to be everywhere) and then IMMEDIATELY getting up- hence , no ko - maybe flash ko .... at best. This post is of a trivial nature but no one knows what happened yet but titles should be " BJ gets dropped in street fight/scuffle".

* not defending anybody but as usual- sometimes things dont appear what the media frenzy extends.

I calls em as I sees em.
Probably the only logical post I've seen on here about the situation. Every loser claiming he was KTFO'd but Penn gets up. Its exactly a flash ko drop.

Silly post. MM would annihilate 99% of bar flies if sober and actually trying. BJ looked drunk and not even using his skills, inviting the fat dude to hit him with free shots. A sober, clear-minded UFC fighter murders 100% of casual bar bums.

that's nice theory crafting, but not true. there's some fucking animals that go to bars. where do you think Tank Abbott came from? a martial arts background? what about Kimbo? you realize Mark Hunt was found by beating the fuck out of people in a bar? BEFORE he was a pro fighter?

people keep pretending like being a fucking giant doesn't matter and they need to come back to reality. you'd say "MMA fighters would destroy 100% of the homeless people" until you realize Francis Ngannou was once a homeless person.

As much as i loved BJ as a fighter, he has shown to be a scummy problematic guy. I really hope he just retires and gets the help that he desperately needs. He's tarnishing his reputation not just as a fighter, but as a person.

Seems like a bar fight. A degree of consent (hit me, engaging) these things happen no need for charges and both guys can move on.

that's nice theory crafting, but not true. there's some fucking animals that go to bars. where do you think Tank Abbott came from? a martial arts background? what about Kimbo? you realize Mark Hunt was found by beating the fuck out of people in a bar? BEFORE he was a pro fighter?

people keep pretending like being a fucking giant doesn't matter and they need to come back to reality. you'd say "MMA fighters would destroy 100% of the homeless people" until you realize Francis Ngannou was once a homeless person.
Yeah mma fighters have def advantage in fights but there are some MONSTERS out there who give two fucks. Size does matter . But so do weapons ..I went to a club ( rarely do ). I was taking to bartender . Wasn’t too crowded at this particular bar ( several in club ). I said” I like it here . Everybody seems cool .” He says “ not always . We had a near 7 foot bouncer get bottled across face and neck . Almost died . He has nice 60 stitch reminder across his face and neck . It was his first and last day working here .” I sat stunned .

Of course there are limits to what I said. Could Mighty Mouse beat a 240lb street hardened dude who grew up fighting in alleys? Probably not. But I give him a great chance vs your average stool ghoul under 200lbs.

Dont know what happened but unless there is another video that I haven't seen, the one I saw was BJ getting dropped , falling flat on back( the picture that seems to be everywhere) and then IMMEDIATELY getting up- hence , no ko - maybe flash ko .... at best. This post is of a trivial nature but no one knows what happened yet but titles should be " BJ gets dropped in street fight/scuffle".

* not defending anybody but as usual- sometimes things dont appear what the media frenzy extends.

I calls em as I sees em.

"""""I calls em as I sees em""""""

So do I and B.J. Was KO'd. It may have been a flash KO but that still means he was KO'd.

If a pro hits a man in a pub, he is to blame and have no excuses.
if a pro gets hit in a pub, he is also to blame and to mock.
Guys check your standard, you are fans and always blame the pro
giphy.gif

"""""I calls em as I sees em""""""

So do I and B.J. Was KO'd. It may have been a flash KO but that still means he was KO'd.
" may have been" are a form of operative words ...... and I did mention flash k.o .....at best in my original post.

Agsin , lol, I'm not some bj penn defender.
I watched, gave my best opinion.
What's the problem?

I'm not saying ( or never did) - if- IF it was a flash k.o, it doesnt count - lol ????? Lol----

" may have been" are a form of operative words ...... and I did mention flash k.o .....at best in my original post.

Agsin , lol, I'm not some bj penn defender.
I watched, gave my best opinion.
What's the problem?

I'm not saying ( or never did) - if- IF it was a flash k.o, it doesnt count - lol ????? Lol----

No Problem at all, when you give your opinion on an open forum then its likely you get someone commenting on it as I did.

I'm a B.J. Penn fan but he clearly got KO'd.

No Problem at all, when you give your opinion on an open forum then its likely you get someone commenting on it as I did.

I'm a B.J. Penn fan but he clearly got KO'd.
That's rather surprising from what I watched. I'm trying to have a reasonable retort to your " clearly ko-ed". I saw him get dropped ...on flat of his back but couldnt count mississip---- before he got up with some assistance he " might " not of even needed.Thats what I saw.
Respectfully, I'll watch again but I stand by what I posted. The picture that s infamously going around would lead you to believe he got KTFO.

I'm not a sheep like 85% of sherdog and 80% of the living world. I ll watch /hear and decipher my own Gods honest opinion.

That's rather surprising from what I watched. I'm trying to have a reasonable retort to your " clearly ko-ed". I saw him get dropped ...on flat of his back but couldnt count mississip---- before he got up with some assistance he " might " not of even needed.Thats what I saw.
Respectfully, I'll watch again but I stand by what I posted. The picture that s infamously going around would lead you to believe he got KTFO.

I'm not a sheep like 85% of sherdog and 80% of the living world. I ll watch /hear and decipher my own Gods honest opinion.

I watched the video multiple times. To me it looks like he clearly is limp laying on the ground for a very brief moment. B.J. gets hit with a shot, buckles falling butt down and then lays flat out arms to his side.

As you noted he is helped up, if he needed that help or not is unknown. It does look like he loses his balance while trying to get up (15- 17 second mark shows this).

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

BJ needs to stop hanging out with people he’s familiar with. Years ago is was his cousin, and now an acquaintance. He’s safest around strangers.

Poor BJ. His wife left him for no reason, people are attacking him at bars at random, and more frequently.
Really, wife left him??
Talk about bad luck. Nobody could have seen this coming.

Regardless of who or how it happened, he shouldn't be in that sort of position anyway...the other guy may have started it but I guarantee BJ could of walked away if he wanted to avoid conflict.

You “guaranteeing” something in which you weren’t even there is pretty hilarious.

I guarantee you were drunk while posting this.

See how that works ?

Bunch of fucking liberal shertards....

Facts are out you hating demise focusing dogs...., The fat guy started the fight, flash KO'd BJ...BJ got up and kicked his ass badly afterward. The odd thing about this is apparently they are long time acquaintances, likely this is something that should not have been a big deal...but age of the fucking cell phone videos...people cant resist the attention...bunch of whores.

Excellent.

Another snowflake who has to put a political spin on everything because your feeble little mind has been turned to mush by the news, and social media....

WHAAAAAA.....Everyone has cell phones and records things. WHAAAAAAAA....This shouldn't be a big deal....WHAAAAAAAAA BJ actually kicked his ass.......WHAAAAAAAAAA.

This has nothing to do with politics or ideology, and everything to do with you being a gigantic baby....

I think he was sort of out, but not like Ray Mercer-Tommy Morrison out. He would've been counted out though. At any rate, he got his faculties back up apparently as he was able to - according to some eyewitnesses - sucker attack the guy and take his back.

Back