BJJ Tattoos

Nowadays even 40 year old suburban moms all have tattoos. It's lost its allure.

It's like the other day, when I saw an old Persian woman hobbling around in Seven jeans. I was considering getting some myself, and then I realized --- wtf was I about to do! My God ... to come so close to catastrophe ...

Zankou said:
Nowadays even 40 year old suburban moms all have tattoos. It's lost its allure.

It's like the other day, when I saw an old Persian woman hobbling around in Seven jeans. I was considering getting some myself, and then I realized --- wtf was I about to do! My God ... to come so close to catastrophe ...
what the hell are 'seven jeans?' do you have a bagina zankou?

Is it bad that I cant decide if having a "bagina" would be good or bad?

See the Britney Spears pics if you want to witness a good example of a bagina.

I've seen a couple noobs get the Carlson bulldogs tatooed . Then a couple of months later their gone .

Zankou said:
See the Britney Spears pics if you want to witness a good example of a bagina.

Ive seen them, and I approve:icon_chee

I have a big tattoo across my face, kind of like the "manhunter" guy in the movie Papillon. It looks like a mask from a distance.

PapMasked.jpg

Arnis_7788 said:
thats the worst tatoo I've ever seen

damn thats harsh you may not like it but its good work

i am only a blue belt sorry not black

If god wanted you to have tattoos you would have been born with them.

What if I wanted to be really edgey and got a tatoo of my face on my face?

blanko said:
do you have a personal connection with cesar? Like the carlson gracie guys did with carlson?

Yea, after years[12] with him we have become personal friends. Cesar's mom lives a mile away from me, My Daughter and her daughters train with us too, we all spent Thanksgiving at Cesar's Mom's. When your loyal they pour their heart and BJJ into you.

Last year before Carlson died he stayed with Cesar's mom a couple of weeks and taught at the academy, I have written 2 BJJ books and know alot of moves, Carlson showed a couple even Cesar didnt know.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...00427/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/002-2836595-7033644

Their family oriented.

Mattt said:
I'd never have my association logo tattoo'd on me... you never know, something might happen resulting in your falling out with your instructor or important people in the association, and you'd be forced to train elsewhere. But the tattoo would remain.

i agree, there's a lot of people who had a falling out even after getting a blackbelt. imo the academy tattoo isn't a great idea, a JJ one is cool if you're like a brown belt or up IMO (even a brown belt is a huge accomplishment imo).

OldSkool said:
Yea, after years[12] with him we have become personal friends. Cesar's mom lives a mile away from me, My Daughter and her daughters train with us too, we all spent Thanksgiving at Cesar's Mom's. When your loyal they pour their heart and BJJ into you.

Last year before Carlson died he stayed with Cesar's mom a couple of weeks and taught at the academy, I have written 2 BJJ books and know alot of moves, Carlson showed a couple even Cesar didnt know.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...00427/sr=11-1/ref=sr_11_1/002-2836595-7033644

Their family oriented.

I think I've seen that book around before. It's funny to find out who posts here...

Mirada said:
I think I've seen that book around before. It's funny to find out who posts here...

LOL, I started posting here to give Eddie Bravo some shit, and to read the crazy shit guys come up with on the MMA forums, cracks me up.

OldSkool said:

Their family oriented.

that makes sense.

Soid said:
Good way of looking at it but I disagree on the account of a majority of people. Tattoos seem to be mostly for others by yourself. Why else would you get a tattoo if the message is only for yourself? Tattoos IMO are a way of letting people into a detail about yourself or for other people to attract some sort of attention. Kinda like when people get those Tapout or badboy tats.. It's a way of saying "Hey... notice me? I'm a fighter!". Or school tats for OTHERS to recognize they are part of a club or a team. Even for original foreign cultures that utilized tattoos it was apart of SHOWING something to others. Not saying tattoos aren't personal but I believe the main purpose is to attract attention of some sort. And of course there's absolutely nothing wrong with that incentive.

Really? That's kind of weird to me. All of my tattoos, and I'm about 50% covered, are for me only. In fact, I hate when people ask me about my tattoos and hate when they stare at them like it's the first tattoo they've ever seen. I see tattoos as a permanent reminder of various times of my life and styles of art I'm into. I can tell you all kinds of weird details about the day, who I was with, etc. on the days I got any one of my tattoos. It reminds me of what I was doing at the time, who my friends were, blah blah blah. It's a much more personal photo album/journal in my opinion.

Kind of off topic, but my personal hate for Tapout aside, 90% of people who wear those clothes, get that logo on them aren't fighter, just random tools....and for the reasons you mentioned above are what I consider to be the worst reasons to get a tattoo. Anyone who gets something as personal and permanent as a tattoo to get the attention of strangers has self esteem issues.

GJJNY said:
Really? That's kind of weird to me. All of my tattoos, and I'm about 50% covered, are for me only.

I'm far less than 50% covered (planning on being more than that though!) but I feel the same. My tattoos are for me. It's what I want to look like, I don't care what others think about them.

I'll definately be getting a BJJ tattoo sometime.

I have a school tattoo on my chest which is incorporated into a sleeve. I got it because bjj changed my life mentally and physically (lost 45 lbs). I was a complete mess for a long time before I started. My ink is a badge I wear proudly no matter what anyone thinks. Even if I have a falling out and leave the school, nothing can ever change what it has done for me at a tough time in m life.

GSP looks like he has a pretty tight kanji tattoo on his pec. Is yours similar to that? I was thinking of getting mine on my forearm becasue I figured it wouldnt stretch that much over time. Does anyone have any experience with forearm tattoos? Do you know how much stretching can occur before it goes to shit?

Back