BJJ Tattoos

Irrelevant said:
damn thats harsh you may not like it but its good work

i am only a blue belt sorry not black

And you can't change school now. You're stuck. Haha.

sproggdawg said:
GSP looks like he has a pretty tight kanji tattoo on his pec. Is yours similar to that? I was thinking of getting mine on my forearm becasue I figured it wouldnt stretch that much over time. Does anyone have any experience with forearm tattoos? Do you know how much stretching can occur before it goes to shit?

stretching? are you planning on changing the dimensions of your forearms so greatly that the skin is going to stretch tight? i wouldn't worry about it unless you plan on putting on a couple hundred pounds or lose a couple hundred pounds.

batman69 said:
stretching? are you planning on changing the dimensions of your forearms so greatly that the skin is going to stretch tight? i wouldn't worry about it unless you plan on putting on a couple hundred pounds or lose a couple hundred pounds.

haha, no im not. I was more concerned with any effect lifting may have on the tat. Ive just started lifting within the last month and my forearms are something ive been targeting. Since Ive never had any body art before I didnt know what effect even minor stretching would have. Thanks for the reply though, I dont plan on brownie binging anytime soon so I guess ill be alright.

sproggdawg said:
haha, no im not. I was more concerned with any effect lifting may have on the tat. Ive just started lifting within the last month and my forearms are something ive been targeting. Since Ive never had any body art before I didnt know what effect even minor stretching would have. Thanks for the reply though, I dont plan on brownie binging anytime soon so I guess ill be alright.

trust me you'll be fine. when i first started lifting heavy weights and eating to increase my size. i went from a skinny 170 to about 210 in around 4 months, none of my tattoo work suffered. although i did have crazy stretch marks around my armpits, so think about that as you enter the world of "bigness".

40 lbs in 4 months? Good heavens man. You must have been eating steak & chicken like crazy.

johil d'o said:
40 lbs in 4 months? Good heavens man. You must have been eating steak & chicken like crazy.

i was eating a lot of animals, not just cow and chicken. my schedule basically looked like this, get up, eat, go work out, eat, lay around, eat, read a little, eat, go be a bouncer, eat, hang out with my girlfriend usually over some kind of meal, go to bed, slepp about 9 hours, and repeat.

batman69 said:
i was eating a lot of animals, not just cow and chicken. my schedule basically looked like this, get up, eat, go work out, eat, lay around, eat, read a little, eat, go be a bouncer, eat, hang out with my girlfriend usually over some kind of meal, go to bed, slepp about 9 hours, and repeat.

Well....youre right thats a fuck load of eating. But thats still really hard to believe fourty lbs in four months. Most of that had to have been fat man. By simple physics that couldn't have been muscle.

sproggdawg said:
GSP looks like he has a pretty tight kanji tattoo on his pec. Is yours similar to that? I was thinking of getting mine on my forearm becasue I figured it wouldnt stretch that much over time. Does anyone have any experience with forearm tattoos? Do you know how much stretching can occur before it goes to shit?

i have it on the left side of my chest. i wouldnt worry about stretching

I have a renzo tattoo. It has the logo as in my av and it says jiu-jitsu under it. Renzo could fuck my fiance and rob my house and it wouldn't matter because it is a living reminder of the best days of my life.

Lots of people in my school have the logo in various parts of their bodies, though a big majority have it on the inside of their upper arm, as do I.

Oh and back on topic....I got my tat on sunday and was rolling that tuesday. Not a good idea at all. It now needs to be touched up and adequate time to heal. I'm going to get it right before I get married in May since I will be in Greece for 2 weeks right after that and that is the only time I will likely go 2 weeks w/out training, barring injury of course

infamous mattyd said:
Oh and back on topic....I got my tat on sunday and was rolling that tuesday. Not a good idea at all. It now needs to be touched up and adequate time to heal. I'm going to get it right before I get married in May since I will be in Greece for 2 weeks right after that and that is the only time I will likely go 2 weeks w/out training, barring injury of course
when i get ink done, i always take at least one full week off. last thing you want to do is have all your fresh ink come off on your gi, then go in again for an entire touchup.

More pictures of tattoos, less conservatives who don't know anything about them.

I am a tattoo artist, and did David Terrell's first tattoo of the Conji charactors, saying Jiu-jitsu

His other arm has a Gracie triangle, but has the two MMA guys fighting that are in his academy logo in the center. I didnt do that tattoo, but drew the logo.

i have a tribal version of a triangle on both sides of my bicep. the tips of the tirangles interlock over my bicep and i have a sun on my tricep making them all kinda join toghter.

newtat.jpg

that is my new tat, pic only taken with a shitty mobilephone. prolly gonna need a touch up

next thing I am gonna do is the kanji sign for judo on my pec with branding

YeahBee said:
newtat.jpg

that is my new tat, pic only taken with a shitty mobilephone. prolly gonna need a touch up

next thing I am gonna do is the kanji sign for judo on my pec with branding

sweet tat nothing I would get but still cool um who is it...

Fighter ex said:
To me Tattoos on a woman are like spray paint on a rolls royce. Just a thought
Don't bother getting any tattoos yourself, you can't polish a turd.

sproggdawg said:
Yeah I know alot of people with Kanji tats that dont mean what they think they do. I researched the shit out of the Kanji Jiu Jitsu characters just to make sure they were correct. I figured Koral did the same before they put it on their merchandise. But still just in case......... I dont wanna be walkin around with a tat that i think says Jiu jitsu but really says tea party or some other shit. I think the best idea is to get a general BJJ tattoo if you want to get one. DOnt go with any affiliations or clubs in case you leave.

There was a story about Jeff Monson on last Real Fighter magazine about that. He got his named done in kanji and they did it wrong now he has John written in his arm. :redface:

infamous mattyd said:
I have a renzo tattoo. It has the logo as in my av and it says jiu-jitsu under it. Renzo could fuck my fiance and rob my house and it wouldn't matter because it is a living reminder of the best days of my life.
That is awesome! "Bill Brasky once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Baker
Back