Social Black social worker facilitating White child parental visit is accused of kidnapping

So... An ignorant person made a wild accusation. The airline did their due diligence and removed the woman from the flight while they investigated the accusation, because flight attendants are obviously not qualified to assess legal documents. The airline quickly recognized that the woman was not a kidnapper and let her back on the flight. Now she is suing them for doing nothing wrong.

Does that sound about right?

I assumed you mean at security, because you can get your tickets from a kiosk without even speaking to a person at ticketing.
You can but some people choose to use the counter. In any case, she would have to go through secruity and show her boarding pass to the boarding gate staff.

No one made an issue when she flew from California on her outbound flight
No one made an issue when she landed in Arkansas and visited the child's dad
No one made an issue when she transited via DFW. The vast majority of people and officials who saw her / interacted with her did not consider her accompanying the child to be suspicious necessitating intervention.

I didn't say she was racist, I said "The passenger just believed she was a kidnapper because the woman was a different race to the kid and or the passenger harbors racial bias."

You should brush up on your comprehension, because you neglect the "or" which makes a big difference to the whole sentence.

a) The passenger believed the social worker was a kidnapper because she was a different race to the kid
and or
b) she harbords racial bias.
The "or" allows for the passenger to believe the woman was a kidnapper because she was an unrelated adult, and not because the passenger has racial bias.

You keep saying "assumptions" yet it is you who has misrepresented what I wrote, and continously doubling down without admit you got everything from my O.P. wrong.

Ok so you aren't Asian, doesn't matter anyways because anyone can claim shit online. Lots of non White people are anti Black, infact the Western world is less anti Black than the MiddleEast and Asia.

I didn’t misrepresent you at all. I referenced your posts accurately.

Much of Asia isn’t anti-Black? Okay.

You’re going off on tangents because you have nothing.

Does it hurt you when you tuck that hard? Actually you probably don’t have much of anything to tuck when all you do is hope that people are racists.

You should see a therapist.

American Airlines may, slight may have screwed up....I understand why though Airlines, along with other transportation companies are front lines against the battle of human trafficking...I’d be willing to guess that their protocol would include remove the parties off the plane and separate the kid from the adult...it sounds like they is what happened...I for one agree with this approach...not sure if I agree that they should ignore valid identification and paperwork....we’ll have to see how this plays out...I’m surprised the social worker was not aware of human trafficking and transportation companies role in stopping it though...maybe she should have let them know...kinda like the way unaccompanied minors have to

This was my thought as well ; better to have them get off and get their documents vetted by someone with more clout than an aerial bartender. Imagine the headlines if people had warned the airline and they had done nothing and this was a case of child trafficking. When it comes to kids better to be safe than sorry.

Now the silly woman is suing for false imprisonment!? Insane and a waste of everyone's time as the article says she got back on the same flight.

You know how many times I have had to have the "is this your kid?" conversation?

Aint a year that goes by that it doesn't happen, and my daughter is almost 18 now. This has been her normal her whole life.

I believe it's been mostly due to ignorance, old world women that dont believe the races can even successfully mix. Kinda like folks that believe the bones stereotype in black folks.

Very rarely do I think it was due to racism, those incidents only ever took place on school grounds and happened towards the middle and end of the school year

The thing is though... that is a small amount of evidence. It's not conclusive, but it is evidence. My mom was brown and I was blonde haired and blue eyed. People assumed she was my nanny using that as evidence. 99% of the time, they would have been right. Because my mom being brown and me being blonde/ blue eyed was evidence of that, just not conclusive evidence. Asking people to try not to be too racist is a good thing. But asking them to completely pretend race doesn't exist is asking people to lobotomize themselves.
This is why it's not a good idea for people to just continually estrange themselves from reality. You start getting people who are so racially sensitive that they think that irrefutable implications are racist.

I didn’t misrepresent you at all. I referenced your posts accurately.

Much of Asia isn’t anti-Black? Okay.

You’re going off on tangents because you have nothing.

Does it hurt you when you tuck that hard? Actually you probably don’t have much of anything to tuck when all you do is hope that people are racists.

You should see a therapist.
You did misrepresent me, blatantly so.

This was your first post in this thread:

You know why this is stupid? Because most kidnappings are committed by family/acquaintances who are the same race as the child taken. Most of the people suspected/detained/found guilty are of this group of family and close acquaintances who are very often the same race.

So not only is your assertion wrong, it is lazy and stupid, and it is harmful to race relations to make these sort of assertions when you have literally no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

This thread is the definition of dump worthy.

Your 1st sentence goes on to state most kidnapping are done by related family or acquaintences. Then the 2nd sentence carries on from the first to claim my assertion is wrong. The "assertion" is that I am claiming kidnapping are done by non related family or unrelated people. Absolutely no where in my o.p. have ever stated anything remotely close to what you are saying is my assertion.

Clearly you did not comprehend the O.P. and just invented / pulled out of your ass the "assertion" you accuse me of making.

You have a seriously big problem with reading comprehension skills. Your sentence about kidnappings being carried out by related family or acquantences would apply to the passenger who sicked the crew on the social worker since the passenger accused the social worker of kidnapping. You took the passenger's mindset and superimposed onto me.

To reiterate: you have a heckva big problem with comprehension .

You did misrepresent me, blatantly so.

This was your first post in this thread:

You know why this is stupid? Because most kidnappings are committed by family/acquaintances who are the same race as the child taken. Most of the people suspected/detained/found guilty are of this group of family and close acquaintances who are very often the same race.

So not only is your assertion wrong, it is lazy and stupid, and it is harmful to race relations to make these sort of assertions when you have literally no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

This thread is the definition of dump worthy.

Your 1st sentence goes on to state most kidnapping are done by related family or acquaintences. Then the 2nd sentence carries on from the first to claim my assertion is wrong. The "assertion" is that I am claiming kidnapping are done by non related family or unrelated people. Absolutely no where in my o.p. have ever stated anything remotely close to what you are saying is my assertion.

Clearly you did not comprehend the O.P. and just invented / pulled out of your ass the "assertion" you accuse me of making.

You have a seriously big problem with reading comprehension skills. Your sentence about kidnappings being carried out by related family or acquantences would apply to the passenger who sicked the crew on the social worker since the passenger accused the social worker of kidnapping. You took the passenger's mindset and superimposed onto me.

To reiterate: you have a heckva big problem with comprehension .

I understand you just fine. It’s a plain fact that you cannot in any honesty claim nothing would have happened to this woman if she wasn’t Black.

You are so sure of that assumption, yet the overwhelming majority of people who actually kidnap, are suspected and detained for kidnapping are of the same racial group of the abducted. That flies in the face of what you assumed.

I understand you just fine. You are just plain wrong to make that assumption though.

This was my thought as well ; better to have them get off and get their documents vetted by someone with more clout than an aerial bartender. Imagine the headlines if people had warned the airline and they had done nothing and this was a case of child trafficking. When it comes to kids better to be safe than sorry.

Now the silly woman is suing for false imprisonment!? Insane and a waste of everyone's time as the article says she got back on the same flight.

Right for her to sue. They took the word of a passenger , absent any evidence . The crew refused to check out the documentation when the social worker tried to show it to them. The crew should have realized that for the social worker to get as far as she did (inside the plane) she / the child would have been vetted.

If strangers can make accusations without any proof whatsover, then innocent people get harassed , humilated and inconvenienced. Do you think it is practical or right for adults with unrelated minors (visibly unrelated) to constantly get the cops or authorities harass them because some person somewhere is convinced they are kidnappers?

My god! A forty minute misunderstanding caused by a flight crew who were looking out for the safety of a one year old?

Just line them a up against a wall imo. God knows, no one's every experienced a forty minute delay during air travel before.

I understand you just fine. It’s a plain fact that you cannot in any honesty claim nothing would have happened to this woman if she wasn’t Black.

You are so sure of that assumption, yet the overwhelming majority of people who actually kidnap, are suspected and detained for kidnapping are of the same racial group of the abducted. That flies in the face of what you assumed.

I understand you just fine. You are just plain wrong to make that assumption though.
If she was White, it is highly unlikely anyone would have bothered her , because people would assume she is related to the child. She was singled out because her race is different from the kid's race. We don't know if the passenger singled her out because the passenger is anti Black, so I remain agnostic on whether anti Black racism is a factor.

What we can reasonably conclude is that the passenger saw an adult accompanying a child of a different race and concluded , as most people do, that the adult was not biologically related to the child. What the passenger did differently to everyone else who saw the social worker and child is to tell the crew the woman was a kidnapper. 99% of the people who saw the social worker and child did not claim to authorities she was a kidnapper.

Because if the races were the same, in all likelyhood nothing would have happened , cause people would assume the adult was related.

panic_10.gif

How is this thread not in the dump?

I mean really.

If she was White, it is highly unlikely anyone would have bothered her , because people would assume she is related to the child. She was singled out because her race is different from the kid's race. We don't know if the passenger singled her out because the passenger is anti Black, so I remain agnostic on whether anti Black racism is a factor.

What we can reasonably conclude is that the passenger saw an adult accompanying a child of a different race and concluded , as most people do, that the adult was not biologically related to the child. What the passenger did differently to everyone else who saw the social worker and child is to tell the crew the woman was a kidnapper. 99% of the people who saw the social worker and child did not claim to authorities she was a kidnapper.

So your entire point, really, if we can distill this down, is, you suspect, that back in 2019, there may have been a bigoted/racist person on an airplane.

So your entire point, really, if we can distill this down, is, you suspect, that back in 2019, there may have been a bigoted/racist person on an airplane.
Nope. I clearly said I am agnostic on whether the passenger's motivation was anti Black bias.

I said that one can conclude the passenger saw an adult accompanying a child of a different race and concluded the adult was a kidnapper. He/she believed the social worker was a kidnapper because the race of the adult was different from the race of the child.

Nope. I clearly said I am agnostic on whether the passenger's motivation was anti Black bias.

I said that one can conclude the passenger saw an adult accompanying a child of a different race and concluded the adult was a kidnapper. He/she believed the social worker was a kidnapper because the race of the adult was different from the race of the child.

I’ve seen your posts. Now you are just lying.

We don’t know why the passenger did that. Maybe they were bigot/racist, maybe they were a nosey busybody, maybe she knew someone who was abducted and was genuinely worried.

You only made this thread to push the idea that race played a part in this situation when you have no way of knowing that.

You also cannot seem to accept that when there is the question of a child abduction, it is impossible to ask for the staff on an airplane to just sit on their hands and hope the people who came before them did their jobs.

You’ve been pushing race since your op. Don’t throw your hands up now while claiming to be agnostic and also claiming that the only reason this happened was because of race.

As someone who has dealt with ugly racism, and actual bigots my entire life, I don’t think it is right to go around tossing about claims of racism unless you actually know them to be true.

This thread is lazy, and you are race baiting. You are basing your claims on nothing. People like you are a part of the race problem. We don’t need white people around every corner trying to keep us afraid. We know racists exist, and claiming people are racist or bigoted with no proof at all doesn’t help anything or anyone.

So what exactly was the point of this thread?

I’ve seen your posts. Now you are just lying.

We don’t know why the passenger did that. Maybe they were bigot/racist, maybe they were a nosey busybody, maybe she knew someone who was abducted and was genuinely worried.

You only made this thread to push the idea that race played a part in this situation when you have no way of knowing that.

You also cannot seem to accept that when there is the question of a child abduction, it is impossible to ask for the staff on an airplane to just sit on their hands and hope the people who came before them did their jobs.

You’ve been pushing race since your op. Don’t throw your hands up now while claiming to be agnostic and also claiming that the only reason this happened was because of race.

As someone who has dealt with ugly racism, and actual bigots my entire life, I don’t think it is right to go around tossing about claims of racism unless you actually know them to be true.

This thread is lazy, and you are race baiting. You are basing your claims on nothing. People like you are a part of the race problem. We don’t need white people around every corner trying to keep us afraid. We know racists exist, and claiming people are racist or bigoted with no proof at all doesn’t help anything or anyone.

So what exactly was the point of this thread?

What exacrly is it you consider a lie, state the specific comment you think is a lie.

Ofcourse race played a role, if the adult was of the same race as the kid it is very unlikely the passenger would have claimed the social worker was a kidnapper.

There was no evidence of child abduction. Just because a passenger claims it, does not make it true. No one else claimed it.

I have been saying that race played a role in the sense that the race of the child and the race of the adult are different so the passenger , like most people, believes the adult is not related to the child.

You seem to be confused on what I mean when I say race is the reason the passenger called the social worker a kidnapper. Saying race was the factor is NOT the same as saying racism was the factor. Racism implies the passenger is biased against Black people. Saying race was the factor acknowledges the fact that most adults would assume the adult was not biologically related to the child because the adult is of a different race from the child.

The rest of your post is just a regurgitated rant, with you pulling the race card , i.e. about your alleged run-ins with racism etc.. And you keep doubling down on misrepresenting what I wrote.

What exacrly is it you consider a lie, state the specific comment you think is a lie.

Ofcourse race played a role, if the adult was of the same race as the kid it is very unlikely the passenger would have claimed the social worker was a kidnapper.

There was no evidence of child abduction. Just because a passenger claims it, does not make it true. No one else claimed it.

I have been saying that race played a role in the sense that the race of the child and the race of the adult are different so the passenger , like most people, believes the adult is not related to the child.

You seem to be confused on what I mean when I say race is the reason the passenger called the social worker a kidnapper. Saying race was the factor is NOT the same as saying racism was the factor. Racism implies the passenger is biased against Black people. Saying race was the factor acknowledges the fact that most adults would assume the adult was not biologically related to the child because the adult is of a different race from the child.

The rest of your post is just a regurgitated rant, with you pulling the race card , i.e. about your alleged run-ins with racism etc.. And you keep doubling down on misrepresenting what I wrote.

How exactly do you claim to be agnostic of the passenger having anti-black bias and then write that race definitely played a part?

Assuming that someone views another as a potential child abductor because of their race is a very obvious assumption of anti-(whatever race) bias.

Please cut the shit. You have nothing to stand on. You are claiming there was racism bigotry, then hiding from it, and you tried to assert that I have problem with Black people(lol). You’re a fucking coward and people like you only hurt race relations.

And again, what exactly was your purpose for making this thread?

Last edited:
How exactly do you claim to be agnostic of the passenger having anti-black bias and then write that race definitely played a part?

Assuming that someone views another as a potential child abductor because of their race is a very obvious assumption of anti-(whatever race) bias.

Please cut the shit. You have nothing to stand on. You are claiming there was racism bigotry, then hiding from it, and you tried to assert that I have problem with Black people(lol). You’re a fucking coward and people like you only hurt race relations.

And again, what exactly was your purpose for making this thread?

You can't spot the nuance ?

Race was the factor.
Does not mean racism was the factor.

Race being the factor = Adult is different race from child. So people assume the adult is not biologically related to the child.

Saying racism was a factor = the passenger has anti Black bias which is why he/she believed the social worker was a kidnapper.

Race can be the factor without racism being the factor.

Back