Black students at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School are not happy about the police presence.

I have a CCW. I managed a building in a very shady area. It was very late at night and I got a call a homeless guy was blocking the last remaining open exit of the building and the LAST remaining female employees were afraid to leave. I went down and a black homeless dude was completely blocking the exit INSIDE the building and sort of laying on the ground. His bike was on the ground and all his shit all over scattered. When I approached him and told him he had to exit the building. He looked up at me got up half way and grabbed a pair of scissors. It was an incredibly tense situation and I showed him I was carrying which then resulted in a back and forth with tensions not calming.

I seriously considering drawing my weapon but instead I was able to calm him down. He was mentally ill for sure.

Looking back I'm not entirely sure if I could have drawn my weapon in time if he decided to attack me with them scissors. and I didn't care he was black. I cared he had scissors and seemed crazy

I don't think people really know what it's like to be a police officer today. Obviously there are some bad characters wearing the badge. But I think people need to realize how crazy a job it is
If you were less than 21 feet away from him, he likely would have gotten you.

It's because cops are held to a higher standard and are expected to uphold the law, not shoot unarmed people. That's why there's a difference in focus.

If you want to fight gang violence, go ahead and do that. No need to bring it up when a different issue is being talked about.
Yes, but when that "different issue" is involving the same outcome, completely eclipses the one you vehemently protest in terms of deaths, and yet, receives a statistically non-significant amount of protesting/media coverage/etc, it seems to be a bit contradictory, if not hypocritical(at least on the part of the media).

I know some good black people, but most I have met have a chip on their shoulder. Everything is about race and blaming other people.

I have a low tolerance level for bullshit, so I don't have many black friends

I have a ton of great friends that are black. They're not a part of the pity party bullshit. Good people.

Would be an interesting social experiment if law enforcement coverage was completely removed from all communities that predominately state they have a fear and distrust of them, and wish to see their presence reduced, for one week. Let them vote on it so the "will of the people" is clearly and plainly known that they desire one full week of a complete absence of law enforcement to see how the community deals with any of the issues routinely addressed by LEO's. Or, if that's simply too drastic of an experiment then let them vote to reduce amount of LEO's servicing their area by half for one week.

At the end of that week start collating the data to see how safe that community felt during the week, how many crimes may have been committed during that week, how many firearm related crimes or deaths may have been committed during that time, etc.

Any community willing to be that test subject?

Its a really good experiment and to make a point.

The problem with that is it will endanger the lives of the inocent cops who live in that neighborhood. Assuming most cops who patrol there are local residents

Its a really good experiment and to make a point.

The problem with that is it will endanger the lives of the inocent cops who live in that neighborhood. Assuming most cops who patrol there are local residents
So be it.

Maybe stop trying to look like a gang banger then.

As I stated earlier, drug dealers need to stop dressing like black people.

FUBU is not some gang banger uniform. Yet, a 17 year old wearing a FUBU hoody, baggy jeans, and some Jordan's, is wearing the same thing as a drug dealer.

Yeah, my question really is why are y'all allowing these kids to dictate policy, like why do they even have a platform that has y'all listening to their "issues" these kids aren't experts on anything, they don't have solutions for complex issues that adults and actual experts on laws and the subject matter don't. It's quite silly that y'all are even giving them the time or their opinions the time of day.

I can multitask, shame on you for assuming I'm so limited that I can't post while making money off the suffering of junkies. But I only sell to white people, I try to do my part to uplift the black community by only giving poison to the privileged. #BlackPower #NotAStatistic #Reparations

I always thought the "black community" or "gay community" or the "fat black handicapped dyke" community is a weird thing. I don't know if I have a "community" and I certainty have not received a leaflet. I wouldn't want a "community" representing me anyway as an individual.

With that kind of melodramatic outlook, I'm surprised they didn't go into paralytic shock due to being around other blacks. After all, black people are FAR more lethal to other blacks than the police. However, we get by.

Lol! I would honestly love it if this fact were thrown in their faces.

I always thought the "black community" or "gay community" or the "fat black handicapped dyke" community is a weird thing. I don't know if I have a "community" and I certainty have not received a leaflet. I wouldn't want a "community" representing me anyway as an individual.

Lol I'm black and have been trying to find the mythical black community for years. I'm wondering why people think that every black community has the same issues that need addressing.

They are trying to, if you would take 5 minutes to use google you can see that there's plenty of black community initiatives against gang violence.

Do you want to bet whether there are more marches, protests, hashtags, or discussions about police or gang violence?

#altonsterlingwasasexofdenderandcareercriminal

It’s actually lower than that. My number is grossly overestimating the number of innocent people.

63 million police encounters per year.
250 black men killed.

My number said HALF of those were completely innocent. That’s just me being kind. The real number is probably closer to 20.

So,

63,000,000/20

Your literally more likely to get struck by lightning.

Please don’t misunderstand me, those 20 innocent men who are murdered, are a tragic loss. Just realistically speaking, I’m not sure how much lower you can get that number considering what is involved in policing.

That being said I fully support body cameras. It’s 2018 ffs, the freaking criminals even have cameras on their phones. Cops should too.

No one seems to care about those twenty, they would rather focus on shitbags like Alton sterling and riot over that piece of shot being shot as he fought with police while armed while being a multiple felon. That is the person they want to make a martyr out of, which is why no one cares about the twenty you mentioned.

By the same logic are whites justified in not wanting to be around blacks given the astronomical disparity between black on white violence and white on black violence? A white person is many, many, many times more likely to be killed, raped, robbed or beaten by a black person than a black person is by a white person or be killed by a cop.

Somebody get Wakanda on the phone and see if Black Panther can keep these kids safe

Back