Black woman gets probation for kidnapping white mentally ill man who was tortured on Facebook Live

I'm not 100%, but I heard they eliminated the "hate crime" element in this case.

Either way, ridiculous sentence.
The entire concept of altering a sentence based on it being considered a "hate crime" is moronic, but there's about a 100%(+/- 0%) chance it would charged as a hate crime, if the races were reversed.

Last edited:
What would you have charged to her with to get MORE than one year in jail and four years probation?

This looks like (1) Assault/battery and (2) unlawful restraint

I know the white victims here want to claim their white victimhood, but just looking at the law, it looks like the punishment was probably as much as the DA could wring out of the facts.
Twatsky....do you think the punishment was fair?

Just for fun, Google judge William Hooks.

What would you have charged to her with to get MORE than one year in jail and four years probation?

I know the white victims here want to claim their white victimhood, but just looking at the law, it looks like the punishment was probably as much as the DA could wring out of the facts.

Leave race out of it for a second and it sounds like kidnapping when you hold someone for 3 days - and I've known guys that have been charged with it for holding someone against their will for a lot less than 3 days.

The you add the hate crime; which is supposed to be a sentence enhancer.

If bodily injury results or if such acts of intimidation involve the use of firearms, explosives or fire, individuals can receive prison terms of up to 10 years, while crimes involving kidnapping, sexual assault, or murder can be punishable by life in prison or the death penalty.​

Kidnapping seems like one of those crimes where we should just throw away the key.

I'm not talking about "Oh you didn't stop the car on the freeway immediately and let the chick out when she said to", but if you physically abduct someone and hold them for THREE DAYS and torture them, or allow them to be tortured... you shouldn't ever be released.

But hey, what the fuck do us white Ameircans know.

she was most likely given a plea deal for ratting out the other guys which is why they gave her a light sentence

lol it says they're working on plea deals for the other defendants .. why are they giving plea deals to people who've committed hate crimes and who committed kidnapping .. this is the type of crime to get the book thrown at you .. plea deal ? ... I've never heard of this shit before .. I thought hate crimes were 'serious' .. apparently when perpetrated by blacks it's not that serious ... the judge probably didn't want to offend them too much

as probably the only poster here who has spent time in the hotel down on 26th and cali as well as an intimate knowledge of the crook county justice system, doing a year in county is fucking horrendous. It does seem like a light sentence, but not unheard of depending on the judge and priors. Friend of mine got charged with kidnapping for throwing some kid in the trunk on some gang shit and he got 4 years (served like 2.5)

It says she was only charged with kidnapping and a hate crime. Surprising, because that, on top of torture, assault, and producing and sharing video of illegal activities (ontop of anything else they could've gotten her with) would likely get her more than one year in jail.

It's not really a hate crime if you are simply correcting past injustices.

So she gets a year but the dude with the bacon in the mosque gets 15 years? And they were both charged with hate crimes?

Just for fun, Google judge William Hooks.
6a00e5550394958834017ee63051d9970d-800wi

http://www.muslimbar.org/muslimlawyers/2012/12/honorable-william-h-hooks-biography.html

"Hooks was the first African-American president of Chicago’s Federal Bar Association"

incredulous.gif

Now only that but you never go outside, there are so many people coming and going so you are on lockdown in your cell most of the day for various headcounts. The food is trash.

I did 5 months in county and encountered numerous people that said they would rather be sent to prison because you have more freedom.

I've heard of people getting like 8-10 months in county jail specifically ask to be sentenced to 366 days, because over a year means they have to go to prison which is a much nicer facility where you can go outside, have a workout room, library, ect.

Unlawful restraint? You mean kidnapping?

Illinois Complied Statues:
(720 ILCS 5/10-2)(from Ch. 38, par. 10-2)
Sec. 10-2. Aggravated kidnaping.
(a) A person commits the offense of aggravated kidnaping when he or she commits kidnapping and:

(1) kidnaps with the intent to obtain ransom from the
person kidnaped or from any other person;

(3) inflicts great bodily harm, other than by the
discharge of a firearm, or commits another felony upon his or her victim;

(5) commits the offense of kidnaping while armed with
a dangerous weapon, other than a firearm, as defined in Section 33A-1 of this Code;

Unlawful Restraint is the next section, and this doesn't qualify.

She was charged with kidnapping. That charge was dropped as part of her plea deal.

She was convicted of a Hate Crime, Aggravated Battery, and Intimidation.

P.S. Everyone who thumbed this disgusting post should be ashamed of themselves. Politics aside, kidnapping and torturing the mentally ill is beyond reprehensible. When you can rationalize this sort of thing because "it's them, and they deserve it", you've become a monster.

Links for the doubters:
ILCS: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilc...hapterID=53&SeqStart=12600000&SeqEnd=14100000

Guilty of Hate Crime: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ive-beating-disabled-teen-20171208-story.html

Charged with Kidnapping: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/0...sting-it-on-facebook-live-gets-probation.html

Last edited:
Unlawful restraint? You mean kidnapping?

Illinois Complied Statues:

Unlawful Restraint is the next section, and this doesn't qualify.

She was charged with kidnapping. That charge was dropped as part of her plea deal.

She was convicted of a Hate Crime, Aggravated Battery, and Intimidation.

P.S. Everyone who thumbed this disgusting post should be ashamed of themselves. Politics aside, kidnapping and torturing the mentally ill is beyond reprehensible. When you can rationalize this sort of thing because "it's them, and they deserve it", you've become a monster.

Links for the doubters:
ILCS: http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilc...hapterID=53&SeqStart=12600000&SeqEnd=14100000

Guilty of Hate Crime: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ive-beating-disabled-teen-20171208-story.html

Charged with Kidnapping: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/0...sting-it-on-facebook-live-gets-probation.html

I thought that kidnapping was logged under unlawful restraint in the Illinois criminal code. I must have been mistaken.

What a story. Who gives a fuck about this issue on a political sub forum? Seems like it just gives the resident racists, republicans and other right wingers another opportunity to shine.

You just confirmed to everyone that read your post that you are one of the most pathetic losers on sherdog, easily.

Back