Social Boston Bruins rescind offer on 18 year old for racist behavior at 14

Should Mitchell be held accountable and out of the NHL for actions at 14?

• No, he can change

• No, if he has proved he changed

• Yes, fuck him

Results are only viewable after voting.
I don't know.

This guy brutally beat his pregnant girlfriend when he was 20, including punching her in the stomach, which would rightfully be construed as attempted murder if one accepted a fetus as a life, and yet he's worshiped every Sunday as the current top WR in the NFL, has been for years, and is in the middle of a $120m contract.
tyreek-hill.jpg

Something tells me this culture of banishment doesn't actually have moral virtue at the center of its heart.

All of this is true. When he played im Kansas City news outlets reported they had
cheetah day at local schools. Cheetah is Hills nickname. But you can prob get away with stuff like this when he’s possibly the second worse person that team ever had.
Javon Belcher never forget.
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nfl-player-who-killed-wife-in-murder-suicide-had-brain-damage/

Belcher, 25, killed Kasandra Perkins on Dec. 1, 2012, in the couple's home while his mother was caring for his baby daughter in a nearby room. He then sped from the residence to the Chiefs' training facility, where he shot himself in the head in front of then-general manager Scott Pioli and then-coach Romeo Crennel.

Yet, Mark Wahlberg continues to make movies.
He is a true scumbag, every few years he tries to get his arrest cleared for his hate crime but he never did anything for the man he attacked. He makes like 20 million a movie, he could have at least gave the guy some monetary compensation or bought him a home of some type.

Seems like a jerk, hopefully he gets the chance to make money in the NHL one day and redeem himself by improving the lives of others. I'd be cool if he helped the kid out too.

Horrible thing to do, but what makes this racist? It is stated anywhere the kid was targeted because he was black? If he'd done this to kid of his own background, would that change anything?

The NHL can do what it wants to, but holding someone accountable for playing agrossprank on someone at age 14, is a pretty high standard to set. Especially in light of the countless other hall passes given out to athletes over the years, because they were good at a sport. Payton sexually assaulted a female athletic trainer at Tennessee, Mike Vick tortured and killed dogs for profit, etc, etc, etc.

Horrible thing to do, but what makes this racist? It is stated anywhere the kid was targeted because he was black? If he'd done this to kid of his own background, would that change anything?

The NHL can do what it wants to, but holding someone accountable for playing agrossprank on someone at age 14, is a pretty high standard to set. Especially in light of the countless other hall passes given out to athletes over the years, because they were good at a sport. Payton sexually assaulted a female athletic trainer at Tennessee, Mike Vick tortured and killed dogs for profit, etc, etc, etc.

He literally made the kid refer to him as his N-----

This is a clear case of racism

He called the kid the n-word regularly and told him to “go pick cotton” regularly. Does that sound racist to you?

He literally made the kid refer to him as his N-----

This is a clear case of racism
I’ll take your word for it,

The point still stands, though. Does a horrible prank committed at age 14 have the “right to be forgotten”, or should it ruin the kid’s opportunities forever? And what does that say about sports leagues(and their fans) that have, and continue to, welcome athletes who commit words offenses, with open arms?

The point still stands, though. Does a horrible prank committed at age 14 have the “right to be forgotten”, or should it ruin the kid’s opportunities forever? And what does that say about sports leagues(and their fans) that have, and continue to, welcome who commit words offenses, with open arms?
If he showed remorse and changed his ways that'd be one thing but he continued to bully the kid and only apologized to the kid once asked by the NHL and he did so over social media. He also claimed to have done work with anti-bullying charities but those charities came out and denied ever having worked with him.

So he's shown no remorse and he tried to lie to fool the NHL that he had changed. Unsurprisingly even the fellow players weren't keen on him joining the locker room.

Y’all keep bringing up the fact he was 14 while ignoring the fact that he is 20 and has yet to show remorse and is still fucking with the victim.

like… how y’all ignore the fact that their investigation turned up evidence of him still being a problematic shit head?

He called the kid the n-word regularly and told him to “go pick cotton” regularly. Does that sound racist to you?

I did not see that in the first article. Not really the crux of the issue anyway, IMO. I would say that falls more under the “feeding urine to someone” category.

If he showed remorse and changed his ways that'd be one thing but he continued to bully the kid and only apologized to the kid once asked by the NHL and he did so over social media. He also claimed to have done work with anti-bullying charities but those charities came out and denied ever having worked with him.

So he's shown no remorse and he tried to lie to fool the NHL that he had changed. Unsurprisingly even the fellow players weren't keen on him joining the locker room.
Ok, so the guy is still an asshole and the apology was forced. Then screw him.

Some context- it wasn’t just some bullying. He basically turned a mentally disabled classmate into his own pet Reek. It went in for years, he made this kid introduce himself as “Mitch’s Nword” to other classmates.

The most notable instance, where he peed on a lollipop and made the kid lick it in front of an audience. When confronted finally by police, he dismissed it as not a big deal because he rinsed it off in the toilet first before he made the mentally disabled kid lick it.

Through the draft process, he still refused to apologize for his actions. His only “apology “ was a half asses Instagram post last week so that the bruins would sign him.

This was closer to a future serial killer torturing animals at 14, than just some teenaged bullying. And the unrepentant nature.

Woooooow

I'm usually on the side of forgive and move forward, but fuuuck that guy

Yup. Same. Especially when it’s something they did before 18. But this here seems to me to be a special case

That's my opinion as well. It was prolonged, heinous, racist behavior, abusive behavior. Mitchell should honestly be psychologically assessed, he sounds like a wack-job. AND THEN, he only apologizes when he's in line for some money.

The point still stands, though. Does a horrible prank committed at age 14 have the “right to be forgotten”, or should it ruin the kid’s opportunities forever? And what does that say about sports leagues(and their fans) that have, and continue to, welcome athletes who commit words offenses, with open arms?

It wasn't a "prank" it was prolonged abuse. He only stopped when he got caught. How long does he go if he didn't?

It wasn't a "prank" it was prolonged abuse. He only stopped when he got caught. How long does he go if he didn't?
Yeah, I didn’t understand the full context. If it was ongoing, no amends were ever made, and he only became humble when it began to affect his hockey career, then no sympathy for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jahmaltheknight
Back