Boxing Gloves vs MMA Gloves

Ive trained in 4oz, 12oz and 16oz. I felt I could hit hardest with 12. Probably even harder with 10 which is what I believe Joshua and Francis were competing in last night. Ive never used 8-10oz but I imagine thats the maximum power range.

Fury was an idiot who took the fight as a joke and almost paid dearly for it. Fury should have not clowned around focused on his camp and wiped Ngannou out early on.
Fury is not a puncher just like Mayweather wasn't a puncher and couldn't KO a exhausted Conor lol.

You know Paulie Malignaggi? Well he lost to Artem Lobov in bare knuckle boxing.. Malignaggi held world titles and fought some of the best in boxing lol. He hits like a girl.. Not every boxer can punch believe it or not lol

Ive trained in 4oz, 12oz and 16oz. I felt I could hit hardest with 12. Probably even harder with 10 which is what I believe Joshua and Francis were competing in last night. Ive never used 8-10oz but I imagine thats the maximum power range.
It's because you have more confidence throwing hard because your hand has more protection. 16oz is too big and heavy, 4oz you have to be careful hurting your hand

Fury is not a puncher just like Mayweather wasn't a puncher and couldn't KO a exhausted Conor lol.

You know Paulie Malignaggi? Well he lost to Artem Lobov in bare knuckle boxing.. Malignaggi held world titles and fought some of the best in boxing lol. He hits like a girl.. Not every boxer can punch believe it or not lol
There certainly pillow fisted boxers out there. Fury does have the power and could have put Ngannou out event hough he is more a plodding puncher that uses his size and reach. He just took the Ngannou fight as being an easy fight and it almost bit him in the ass.

No one thought Mayweather was going to KO conor!

Another stellar thread today. Jfc idk how some of you get out of bed in the mornings.

AJ hits really hard... one of the best punchers in boxing.

Boxing gloves aren't soft, they don't fight with the 16oz training gloves most think of.

Francis has never really shown a great chin--he's never really been hit in MMA, and Fury isn't much of a puncher.

Francis is a novice boxer so he doens't anticipate the punches coming at him very well, which makes them far more devastating when they land.

Francis is 37yo and the chin is the first to go and it often happens overnight.

Because Anthony Joshua hits really hard. You can't compare the punches of different fighters in different gloves. You'd have to compare the same fighter.
Exactly.
AJ in MMA gloves is killing someone

Well said, as you could see how wel Gohkan Saki did in the UFC..

Perfect example.

I love kickboxing, but if you stand and try to fight off the guard like a lot of them do without making big adjustments for MMA, you're going to get hurt badly.

It works the other way around too.

In the 1st Stipe fight he got hit many times with big punches and it didn't face him at all.

In the Rozenstruik fight he literally RAN forward into a hook right on the chin from Rozenstruik and it didn't do shit to him. Any other guy runs into it like that and they go night night.

lol. Brother, go re-watch that Rozen fight. That right hand he landed isn't putting anyone to sleep haha.

lol. Brother, go re-watch that Rozen fight. That right hand he landed isn't putting anyone to sleep haha.

a knockout puncher landing a hook on the tip of the chin on a guy running into it

yeah that shit puts people down

Francis pretty much got knocked out 3 times that night. His chin is good but that first knockdown on the first sent him flying backwards. That would have been stopped in MMA.

People seem to always leave out that Malignaggi came in off the couch as well, broke his hand, and also still pretty clearly won. His last few boxing matches before that he was horrendous and a shell of what he was.

Point still stands though. Alot of the great boxers people wanna cross over and fight are always holder/movers.

Alot of limited punchers in the boxing would actually brutalize guys who aren't boxers who could give other way better boxers trouble.

I don't understand why people think getting hit by a heavier object at the same speed would

It’s unbelievable how many people have never put on a pair of gloves.

Boxing gloves have the same amount of padding in the knuckle area as MMA gloves. If the boxinc glove is a horse hair glove, guess what? It has even LESS padding in the knuckle area than an MMA glove.

What are we doing here.
Destroying an MMA myth once an for all.

a knockout puncher landing a hook on the tip of the chin on a guy running into it

yeah that shit puts people down

Do you mean the other punch he landed? The left hook?

I'm looking at it on Fight Pass right now. There was absolutely nothing in the right that landed on the chin lol.

Rozen would need the touch of death to be putting people out with that shot.

Destroying an MMA myth once an for all.
I've had people use the baseball or bullet line with me.
My rebuttal is always: Would you rather get hit by a baseball at 75 mph or a bowling ball at 20mph?

You open a thread like this and you get a quick reminder that there is no hope for humanity.

Thing is he’s rarely been hit flush so we don’t know how good his chin in. People act like he chin was tested in mma when it wasn’t. Stipe wobbled him and that’s literally the best punch landed on him until last night

Stipe was 230 and moving backward. And yeah I always found it strange people commended his chin so much when he was never hit by a better shot than this. After last night it's evident he doesn't have the Roy Nelson chin people hyped him up to have.

Stipe couldn't ko an exhausted Ngannou who did fuck all in the first fight. Francis ran through Rozenstruik and has never been knocked down if I remember well. Fury tried his best to ko him and he even had to cheat with illegal strike to hurt him (without success tho).

I think that AJ's punch would have finished anyone. Prime Nelson include.

Do you think the two previous knockdown had anything to do with it, oh wise one?

Back