News BREAKING: Conor vs Cowboy (Official Mega Discussion)

Conor vs. Cowboy

• Total voters
I like how Conor has nothing to gain in this fight (except for the payday). Even if he KO's Cerrone in a minute ppl will go meh.

Looks like some good wins to me. He ain't the GOAT, but he's no doorknob either.

Mega Fight? Wanna impress me muthaf@#ker. Fight GSP at WW.

Can someone explain the reasoning behind doing this at WW? Cowboy has been fighting at LW and Conor is a natural LW. Plus his goal is to fight Khabib/Tony. Do they just not want to cut weight or what?

EIther way, good matchup. Cowboy is the biggest name at LW that Conor is likely to beat (I think he’d be an underdog vs Gaethje or Dustin at this point, even Max). It’s a good comeback fight for him. Meanwhile Cowboy gets a much deserved payday. Sure, we would prefer Justin or Dustin, but I think that’s too dangerous for Conor coming off a lay-off. It was very unlikely to happen, given his leverage.

iaquinta is a good win, i am actually not so sure myself if connor would've put al away

I think this fight sucks just because there are way better ones. Conor will win a decision and they'll get all huggy with eachother.

I dont give a shit about Cowboy getting paid. He'll still try to shoplift candy bars out of Walmart.

Potential LW GOAT?

Who exactly are you talking? Please don't tell me Alvarez.

I can already see the dumb Conor fans crawling out of the woodworks.

It's either Alvarez or BJ Penn until Khabib beats Ferguson. Have you just recently started watching MMA? You probably watched the Alvarez and Conor fight and thought Alvarez is a joke. He was champion in multiple organizations including UFC and Bellator and he beat a lot of great guys. He used to fight at 170.

I'm a Khabib fan but I'm not a Conor "hater" in the sense that I can't stand anything about him. I just don't like McGregor but I admire his skills. So I enjoyed every second of the Khabib - McGregor fight and the beating he took. But still beating Alvarez like that was no joke. Khabib is just in a different existence. He's in a universe of his own.

He's at the very fine line between gatekeeper and contender

Can someone explain the reasoning behind doing this at WW? Cowboy has been fighting at LW and Conor is a natural LW. Plus his goal is to fight Khabib/Tony.
Conor put on a few pounds drinking that Propa Twelve and can’t cut to 155 fast enough

Dana wont let Conor fight mastival. It's a horrible matchup for Conor. Conor is too small for Jorge. Jorge is on a high right now, conor is coming off a loss or 2 and not been doing well in the cage. Cowboy makes sense as a warm up fight. While conor could lose, his southpaw striking should beat cowboy by tko. It gives him a win and then to a bigger fight, but not Jorge. Jorge is a draw himself now, they dont need Conor to sell jorge. It will be nate 3 if I had to guess. Could be justin if Conor want the khabib fight bad enough. He is waiting to see how the Tony fight goes be4 he focuses on 155. If tony wins, probably a fast track to a ts for Conor, otherwise justin may get his red panty night, needing a top 5 win to get to khabib.

Him chosing cowboy really clarified his place in the sport.

He's not an elite fighter anymore, people are tired of him constantly yapping and pushing his whiskey without him actually fighting. He picked the easiest possible matchup for him to return, and he will return to indefinite haitus agian following the fight to hawk his liquor brand until he senses people are getting sick of him talking again.

The only upside of this would be cowboy somehow winning this fight, but Conor put it at 170 so he can claim he's a FW moving up to WW and no one does that so the loss won't count. Shame!

The GOAT is back to reclaim his throne as top dog.

conor was looking for the easiest fight possible in the top 10 FW, LW, WW

I like how Conor has nothing to gain in this fight (except for the payday). Even if he KO's Cerrone in a minute ppl will go meh.
Maybe the hardcores but I think the casuals will eat it up and would want to see him fight for the title again. WME wants a sure fire way to the title for McGregor and Cerrone is an ideal choice(exciting striker, loses big fights).

Back