Brendan Schaub Goes Off on Dana White: The UFC Is Better Off With A New President - Massive Rant

Careful Brenda, If Dana can fuck you in any way shape or form, He will proceed to do that, More than likely through political influence. It might not be today, it might not be tomorrow. But he will fuck you eventually.
Lol, no one who doesn't work for Dana is EVER going to be scared of him.<GSPWoah>

Better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't.

Lot of people may hate Dana and want him gone, but the guy that replaced him might be worse. Maybe even much worse.

Curious why anyone cares what this dummy says.

I like Schaub more than most on Sherdog but his solo podcast is like a crazy guy rambling on while Chin or Chen or whatever his name is gives him fake approval every 5 minutes.

Listened to almost 4 minutes of Schaub criticizing Dana for "shitting on fighters".... when this whole drama started from Schaub criticizing Israel....
Could Schaub be more wrong??? (not about Dana attacking fighters,which he does, but in this case, it all started by Dana PROTECTING a fighter from schaub)

I think the difference stems from how the fighter was attacked though...

Schaub as an MMA commentator not giving Adesanya his props on a podcast (mind you, not bashing him or saying he sucks but not acknowledging Rogan's praise of him, let's say) or picking Tavares over him is quite different than the president of an org bashing someone's performance ad nauseum or diminishing a fight.

I like both guys. I think Dana has done a great deal for the UFC and while there's plenty of things I don't agree with that he has said over the years, I think he's also undeniably made a big impact on a sport I thoroughly enjoy. Schaub, in turn, I find entertaining on the mma podcasts with Rogan and he generally seems like an amiable dude.

But I think Brendan makes a good point about the fact that you don't want the president of the company to berate your or demean you publicly after a lackluster performance. It's dispiriting rather than motivating for a lot of these guys I would expect.

One thing that stands out to me is when Dana was flipping out on the first ever FOx broadcast after JDS knocked out Cain early. He looked like JDS had personally done harm to him and kept saying things that weren't complimentary of either JDS or Cain. So you had comments like, "every dog has his day," which to me seemingly implied that JDS was not expected nor, perhaps desired to win, but he managed to pull it off. And you had him picking apart Cain's approach. I don't understand why, if you're Cain Velasquez, you don't clinch up, take him down, use your wrestling.

Truth be told is that fight was very quick. You can't criticize Cain's approach when he barely had time to gauge the distance or close the gap before he got put down. And how can you not praise JDS emphatically for accomplishing that?

There are plenty of counterexamples with the examples. Dana has often praised guys and has given respect and appreciation. At the same time, I think he's a defensive guy. If he feels someone said something negative about him or the product, he goes at them with fury.

Probably the most accurate thing Schaub has ever said.
Dana needs to stop being a celebrity and be a proper leader. But that won't happen. UFC's stuck in this weird limbo because of it.

Losing what little respect I got for schaub this last week.

Just confirm that dana fucked ronda already!!!

This the #metoo era....WME would fucking fire Dana if you reveal that fact! They wont keep dana for fucking an employee and obviously showing favoritism.

He could finally be the hero! And save MMA from dana!

Brendan is like the sausage you forgot to cook and 3 weeks later you have to throw his flaccid carcass out and then it stinks up your garbage

Fuck I hate Bald Bozo White

which I don't disagree....
but in this case, this dick was protecting one of his great prospects from a guy who never amounted to much and still talks down on fighters.

He's talking about Dana, the figurehead of the UFC, talking shit about his employees.

Schaub isn't the figurehead of the UFC.

Men that have no platform that HAVE to punch people in the face for a living.... HAVE... could put that training time to school or trade school. Dont agree there.

Listened to almost 4 minutes of Schaub criticizing Dana for "shitting on fighters".... when this whole drama started from Schaub criticizing Israel....
Could Schaub be more wrong??? (not about Dana attacking fighters,which he does, but in this case, it all started by Dana PROTECTING a fighter from schaub)
I don’t think he was shitting on anybody. He basically was saying that a lot of times kickboxers don’t look as impressive as they did in their previous sport because of the different aspects in mma. Plus schaub isn’t the president of the company, so it’s more acceptable for him to say things about fighters.

No shit schaub.

White doesn't care since he sold his stake. They need new leadership throughout.
Pretty sure he still has a stake. It was part of him staying on as president. He was compensated for his percentage ownership under zuffa era, then was given ownership again(albeit a slightly smaller percentage) to stay.

I honestly can’t see the UFC without Dana. He’s the guy we look to when we wanna complain and he’s memeable. Anyone else will be inadequate.

Do you not enjoy the other fight orgs at all? If you can enjoy them with less money behind them, then you can easily enjoy the UFC without a blowhard.

34Hn3Cz.png

Back