Brian Ortega will be the next featherweight champion.

Agree/Disagree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I dunno man, I don't know how many more third round comebacks his body can take... Seems like he will have a short career that's for sure

Maybe one day he's young...

If I had to chose I'd say he won't be but hell.

I've witnessed bisping become champ.
Serra become champ.
Anything can happen.
i reckon his time is now. a win over cub should definitely gaurantee a title shot.

lol, bisping and serra... definitely mindblowing.

Max's TD defense > Ortega's TDs
Max Boxing >>>>>>>>> Ortega's head movement
Fair points. I could see max outstriking him. But physically i think he stacks up well and his boxing looked really crisp against moicano, who has really good striking. Ortega continues to improve.

Fan

Striking, jitz from the back guys are the best.diaz, condit, ortega types are always fun to watch.

Pity the ufc is geared towards wrestlers.

Fair points. I could see max outstriking him. But physically i think he stacks up well and his boxing looked really crisp against moicano, who has really good striking. Ortega continues to improve.

But Ortega gets outstruck in almost every fight he's in, and still wins. Kinda like Ferguson often does.
Can't count this dude out, obviously Holloway has the striking advantage, but so did Moicano and that dude is tough as fuck.

Brian Ortega is as legit as they come. He has striking that can hang with the division and his ground game is second to none.

His chin is solid as fuck and he keeps on finding ways to finish late into the fight. If he doesn’t get a shot after beating Cub Swanson that would be criminal. And really this fight with cub should be a walk in the park.

tumblr_n1d55zhJ5S1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Brian%2BOrtega%2BPounces%2BThiago%2BTavares%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B68.gif

InnocentSimplisticAkitainu.gif

ThankfulGoldenBanteng.gif

What you guys think?

Buy or Sell??
He gets beat by Cub, and fights Fili after.. Cub fights Elkins.
He beats Cub, and fights Yair after.. Cub fights Fili.
I don't see him beating Max.

I see his potential, but I think his striking is going to take a couple of years to catch up to Max, unless he has a TJ style breakthrough.

I do believe he will eventually get there.

I would prefer guys linked to steroids not be champs

i re opened the voting for any stragglers that didnt get to vote!

I've been saying it for years. Dude is legit.

He's also a stone cold psychopath.

I've been saying it for years. Dude is legit.

He's also a stone cold psychopath.
dude we been on board since the tavares fight im pretty sure. or maybe his first fight with de la torre. but preach it brother!

I hope he gets his title shot, he's earned it. That said, I don't think so, there's something about Ortega where he always just seems to pull the win out of his ass at the last second, which isn't going to be enough against Holloway or Edgar IMO. Not hating on the guy, he's a good fighter, but I think he gets beat up badly against whoever the champ is.

Back