Brian Ortega will be the next featherweight champion.

Agree/Disagree?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
he's clearly a top 5 FW, but he doesn't have a hope in hell against Holloway, aldo, mcgregor or edgar
He'd easily deal with Colin. Dude is way more dangerous on the ground than Nate Diaz and even standing submissions... Holloway likes to get in close and that's dangerous against a guy with great subs and a chin to ride the storm... Aldo looks done. Ortega taps him.

For me Frankie is the toughest fight put of all of them. He's easily the most savvy out of all of them and knows how to avoid danger. His footwork causes ground guys and strikers problems alike, and i can see him sticking and moving to a win there... That said time catches up with everyone and he's not the same as he was either.

He would get beat down by the tops of the division. Aldo, max, edgar put him away. Him vs mendes comeback in mid 2018 could be good.
Aldo, is done. Ortega would beat him too. Ortega has a chance to beat all of those guys. Anyone doubting him after last night is smokin or drinking some stuff that should be passed to the next guy.

def max and frankie. aldo and chad could give problems too. chad can knock anyone out with his power and squash them with his wrestling.

you?

I'd say Frankie, Max, Aldo give him troubles for sure.

Lamas is low key one of the best grapplers in that division, so that fight would be fun, too.

Ortega isn't even close to his prime yet, though. That's the scary thing.

def max and frankie. aldo and chad could give problems too. chad can knock anyone out with his power and squash them with his wrestling.

you?

I think Lamas is a more dangerous fight than Chad. Chad plays into Ortega's strengths more than his weaknesses, whereas Lamas hits really fucking hard and could draw Ortega into a brawl that he might not withstand.

I say he beats both. I think he will fight Lamas for a TS.

There was no option for "I concur, but am also a tard", so I chose option one. <Fedor23>

I heard a lot of talk about this guy in his previous fights. But I never actually watched him fight till last night. I gotta say I am very impressed by him & he does have a good shot at being the champ.

His striking needs more work, but he definitely has a good foundation.

Possible, but more importantly he's a fresh, interesting new opponent for Max that I'm pretty excited to see how it goes.

What i got from last night is once again he is hit very easily, any striker who can avoid the clinch with this kid should be highly favoured to beat him.

Max imo is a nightmare match up for ortega.Ortega loses the leverage he has against the smaller fighters in the div, max has the cardio to still be there in round 5 easily and is easily the best striker at fw.

Max wins by footwork

He would get beat down by the tops of the division. Aldo, max, edgar put him away. Him vs mendes comeback in mid 2018 could be good.
you fucking noob.

ortega smashed edgar in the first round. actually KNOCKED HIM THE FUCK OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!

for all the noobs and the haters, i re opened this thread because it had a good poll.

even if maxy loses, he goes back down to featherweight and i assume will face ortega.

if max wins, then id assume wme makes him vacate featherweight.. and id assume wme would give a shot to aldo. because they hate him and want to see him getting wrekt (like he did vs holloway number one and number two @Dozer . )

if max wins, then id assume wme makes him vacate featherweight.[/USER] )

Didn't you watch the press-conference yesterday?
Dana said if Holloway can defend both belts he can keep both belts.

Brian Ortega is as legit as they come. He has striking that can hang with the division and his ground game is second to none.

His chin is solid as fuck and he keeps on finding ways to finish late into the fight. If he doesn’t get a shot after beating Cub Swanson that would be criminal. And really this fight with cub should be a walk in the park.

tumblr_n1d55zhJ5S1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Brian%2BOrtega%2BPounces%2BThiago%2BTavares%2BUFC%2BFight%2BNight%2B68.gif

InnocentSimplisticAkitainu.gif

ThankfulGoldenBanteng.gif

What you guys think?

Buy or Sell??

I added some more voting time onto the poll for you cats because im super hyped on Ortega! And turns out the cub fight wasnt that hard for him as i predicted.

bet you feeling silly know @ortizgnp

{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}

Didn't you watch the press-conference yesterday?
Dana said if Holloway can defend both belts he can keep both belts.
i did not watch the press conferences. i was at work, and then i walked my dog and then i had a few drinks and then i came here.

tell me more.

i did not watch the press conferences. i was at work, and then i walked my dog and then i had a few drinks and then i came here.

tell me more.

Well that's basically everything he said about that. Holloway seemed confident that he can defend both belts and said that's what he's planning to do.
Then some journalist asked Dana if that would be possible and Dana said as long as Holloway can defend both belts in reasonable timeframes he can keep both of em.

So if Holloway wins he will probably first defend the FW belt against Ortega and then the LW belt against Ferguson/Conor.

Yes I don't know how I'm supposed to come back from this

<21>
<{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}><{1-69}>

you still a fren. and i hope all is well.

just dont doubt ortega and you will not end in situations like this.

i do hope you are well though brother!

<LatsRickStory>

Back