Broner vs Maidana official- December 14th

Finally got around to watching the fight...

it wasn't the one sided beat down/mauling I expected it to be considering the comment I read here...

I had it 7 rounds to 5. Broner, took rounds 4-7 and by the looks of it was looking pretty good, getting his legs back and stealing the momentum...until he got put on his ass in the 8th.

It impressed me the hard shots he took.

Another observation, this fight makes me appreciate the defensive prowess of PBF so much more...looks like only he can employ that shoulder roll/crab defensive strategy effectiviely...

Solid night...thank you Maidana for proving me wrong.

I actually scored it the same. I didn't know if he would have any heart if put in a shitty situation but he did show heart saturday night.

Broner did show some heart last night, but in my opinion it was the Ref allowing him to survive. That first standing count was one of the shadiest things in the world, the ref should've brought a stool up to ring and given Broner an extra 3 minutes. Just like that punch after the bell. Broner was saved by the ref from an early TKO.

Broner got away with a lot of guff. Coming out with his gloves lace hanging off on purpose to get extra respite, endless pushing and forearm shoving, long counts and a lot of dirt of the inside, and never lost a point.

I thought he was going to get KO'ed in the 9th, that would have been the only thing which could have made the night sweeter.

However, I do think he could come back strong and possibly win the rematch if there is one. When he boxed tight and controlled and put Maidana on the back foot he was pretty dominant albeint only for 2 (maybe 3) round before he started eating huge left hooks again. However, he needs a complete re-write of his defensive strategy and general tactics, and I doubt he has the heart or desire to do so and may go back down the weights to beat up midgets again.

I see AB the same way I see Rigo. They have been fighting with the same style for years, it will be incredibly hard for either of them to change. I would love to see a Gamboa/ Broner fight.

I see AB the same way I see Rigo. They have been fighting with the same style for years, it will be incredibly hard for either of them to change. I would love to see a Gamboa/ Broner fight.

Whoa!!!!! I nearly spat my drink out here until I read the rest of it. The most skillful boxer in a long long long time being compared to a jumped up wannabe who just got exposed as fairly mediocre!! :) I get your point though.

The difference between them is that Rigo could start hunting KO's if he wanted to or felt the urge, whereas Broner hasn't got the same ability to.

Gamboa would destroy Broner worse than Maidana did. There is another dude who has the ability to whatever he wants, his problem is desire.

Whoa!!!!! I nearly spat my drink out here until I read the rest of it. The most skillful boxer in a long long long time being compared to a jumped up wannabe who just got exposed as fairly mediocre!! :) I get your point though.

The difference between them is that Rigo could start hunting KO's if he wanted to or felt the urge, whereas Broner hasn't got the same ability to.

Gamboa would destroy Broner worse than Maidana did. There is another dude who has the ability to whatever he wants, his problem is desire.

Gamboa and Rigondeaux are two different kettle of fish IMO. Gamboa isn't nearly as skilled as Rigondeaux and I think with him moving up in weight it's becoming harder and harder for him to maintain that undefeated record of his. At 126 his speed and power were incredibly difficult to deal with. Now that he's at 135 he still has the speed, but fighters are able to take his power and with it his defensive flaws are becoming more and more apparent because fighters are willing to walk through his punches to throw their own. IMO Gamboa should move back down to 130 (not sure if he can make 126 anymore, although he is a fairly short guy) or risk facing the same fate that Broner did on Saturday.

Rigondeaux on the other hand is a considerably smaller 122 lber who is able to completely outclass and befuddle larger opponents with what I consider to be the most complete skillset in the sport of boxing next to Floyd Mayweather. His masterclass against Donaire is probably the most impressive performance I've ever been privy to witness live. While Gamboa is more exciting, I don't think he's anywhere near the fighter Rigondeaux is skill-wise, desire or no desire.

Skillwise AB is a chump compared to Rigo. Rigo and Money May are just heads and shoulders abover every body with Ward close behind. Rigo has the ability to become agressive if he wants to, but the amateur system is so deep in his veins that it will be hard for him to move away from it. Broner, has no business above 140 and even then he shows lack of improvement, the AB we witnessed this past saturday is the same Broner we saw in the past against PDL, I still have no clue how the boxing world saw him as the a P4P great and the future of the sport.

its probably been discussed i just can't be on here too long of periods of time at work. so i can't search the forum much.

Whoa!!!!! I nearly spat my drink out here until I read the rest of it. The most skillful boxer in a long long long time being compared to a jumped up wannabe who just got exposed as fairly mediocre!! :).

ice cream > horse manure

That does look fairly suspect, it has to be said.

This has been discussed in the Ariza thread. Looks to me like adrenaline swabs. Adrenaline swabs are used to stop nose bleeds and often are used as a PED in the corner. Legal though. You ever see a corner cramming swabs up a guys nose even when hes not bleeding? Thats why.

this wont even surface in real news, just let go broner fans, broner was humble, why can't you be?

this wont even surface in real news, just let go broner fans, broner was humble, why can't you be?

Yeah buddy..i already said he lost. I was saying I can't see the video at work and was asking what it looked like. get a life pal.

I think this has more to do with Ariza hurting Roach's feelings than Broner/Maidana.

[YT]PbweJ1DbW7o[/YT]
Posted on the other thread. There isn't anything on the napkins with closeup.
Where you at Goldennboy? Where the fuck you at? :):)

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing

"SHO announces an exclusive interview with Adrien Broner in tomorrow nights rebroadcast of #BronerMaidana.... #boxing"

Steve Kim ‏@stevemaxboxing

"SHO announces an exclusive interview with Adrien Broner in tomorrow nights rebroadcast of #BronerMaidana.... #boxing"

Lol what kind of excuses is he going to come up with I wonder

Back