Media Cédric Doumbé calls out Sean Strickland

Who wins?

• Total voters
Doumbe's opponents have a combined record of 7-5.

<WellThere>

Strickland pins Doumbe to the cage and wrestlefuck him any day of the week. Way bigger and better grappler.

If for any reason, Strickland is dumb enough to play stand and bang, he will get destroyed. But despite the looks, Stricklands fight smart so not happening.

Doumbe sparring Imavov (Before Doumbe started training mma seriously)

Last edited:
Spoilers: Doumbe isn't getting a top 10 MW, work your way up fella

Possibly, but Doumbe doesn't....strike me...as a one hitter quitter so I'd think he'd go for it if he was getting tagged.
He shot on Imavov successfully if I recall correctly.

Lol. Bro, if Strickland tried to stand and bang with Doumbe in kickboxing gloves, Doumbe would KO him badly. MMA gloves he would do him even easier.

Strickland would be shooting fast or getting KOd fast.

Lol. Bro, if Strickland tried to stand and bang with Doumbe in kickboxing gloves, Doumbe would KO him badly. MMA gloves he would do him even easier.

Strickland would be shooting fast or getting KOd fast.
Uhh...can you read? I suggested he would shoot. But that compared to Pereira, Doumbe is much smaller and volume punching than short clean power on a huge frame, thus Strickland might get a strategy-mulligan if he stands and gets clipped, whereas with Pereira it was game over with one hook and no do-overs on gameplan.
Pereira is bigger than Strickland. Strickland is bigger than Doumbe.

Uhh...can you read? I suggested he would shoot. But that compared to Pereira, Doumbe is much smaller and volume punching than short clean power on a huge frame, thus Strickland might get a strategy-mulligan if he stands and gets clipped, whereas with Pereira it was game over with one hook and no do-overs on gameplan.
Pereira is bigger than Strickland. Strickland is bigger than Doumbe.

My point was that Doumbe has more than enough power and skill to put a far lower level striker like Strickland out with 1 or 2 shots. He wouldn't need volume. Doumbe has been sitting down a lot more with his strikes in his more recent fights as well.

Doumbé is still under contract with the UFC, but at the same time he did some “development” fights outside the UFC.

And yeah there was a little problem with his scheduled UFC-debut in Paris last year.
The French commission prevented Doumbé from making his UFC debut in France because he was too inexperienced compared to his opponent (according to the French commission atleast).

MMA only became legal in France last year, but they still have some special rules for the sport.
According to their rules, someone <10 pro MMA bouts can’t fight someone with more than 4 MMA bouts than he got himself. When someone has 10 or more fights he can fight whoever he wants to fight. I will explain to you how it works below:

The originally scheduled Cédric Doumbé - Darian Weeks fight is off because Doumbé is an Elite 2 fighter in France (<10 fights, someone with 10 fights or more is an Elite 1 fighter), which means he can only fight against someone with no more than 6 MMA fights, since Doumbé has a MMA-record of 2-0.
Weeks got 7 fights, so the fight is not allowed to take place.

Weeks ‘only’ has 7 pro bouts (his amateur MMA-career not included). Doumbé got 2 MMA fights, but is a very experienced kickboxer.
Imo there should be no issues sanctioning this fight, unfortunately I’m not the French sanctioning body…

I agree that it’s a good rule to prevent guys from padding their records, but there should be exceptions for guys like Doumbé, Pereira, etc. who are very experienced/accomplished in other combat sports.
For example:
5-1 Alex Pereira KO’d 25-3 Sean Strickland inside 3 minutes despite a huge gap in ‘MMA’ experience.

I really don’t know why the UFC didn’t reschedule that fight outside of France or gave Doumbé another opponent. He’s quite a big draw and they potentially could build him up to a contender.

Hopefully the UFC gives Doumbé a fight after his win on December 17 at MMA GrandPrix.
I’m hoping for a fight at UFC London, maybe against someone like Blood Diamond?

I would have told the commission to fuck off and scheduled him to fight anyway. Very simple.

I’m not fan of Sticklands style but I voted for him because I’ve never heard of the other guy

Back