Can We Finally Say SBG Fight Team is Medicore at Best?

Rick Story made Gunnar do the Stanky Leg dance in their fight.
Story is a nightmare matchup for most people. Beat Johnny Hendricks and Thiago Alves, and arguably beat Kelvin Gastelum. He ain't a slouch. Plus Gunnar wanted to submit Story, who's a notorious sprawl and brawler. No shame in losing to Rick Story.

Last edited:
giphy.gif

Charlie Ward can't defend a basic throw or land properly and gets KTFO

654922672.jpg

Arnold Allen exposes Makwan's limited striking

tumblr_ot7ebh4DxC1rofocqo3_500.gif

Poor Gunnar gets Ponzi Schemed

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

And the best for last. Where were you Kav? Where were you Owen Roddy? Why is a BJJ coach the head coach for a boxing match?

Poor Artem was a punching bag for Andre Fili, Danny Castillo outcoached the entire SBG corner.
Plus kavanagh is really annoying

0/10

You can choose any camps on Earth and pick them apart this way.

That's why I said mediocre, Mcgregor is still champ and Gunni is solid pro

And McGregor developed his boxing around random boxing clubs in Ireland. Gunnar developed his striking from karate in Iceland and he is a Gracie black belt.

John Kavanagh Is a sham. Been saying it forever. His only two good fighters are good because of their backgrounds that have nothing to do with him.

Gunnar pretty much isn't even sbg anymore anyways.

Last edited:
Bunch of fat virgins who probably never had a real fight in their lives talking shit about a team that one man built from nothing from a shed down a back lane just a few years ago

Instead of celebrating it for giving you arguably the greatest mma fighter of all time an 100 % the biggest MMA stat of all time you cucks just want to shit all over it .

SBG is only a baby

Bunch of fat virgins who probably never had a real fight in their lives talking shit about a team that one man built from nothing from a shed down a back lane just a few years ago

Instead of celebrating it for giving you arguably the greatest mma fighter of all time an 100 % the biggest MMA stat of all time you cucks just want to shit all over it .

SBG is only a baby

This. I fight on a lot of regional shows with SBG guys and they have some young killers coming through.
They might not go on to be UFC calibre fighters but there is talent there.
Conor started the ball rolling, judge SBG in 5-10 years.

This. I fight on a lot of regional shows with SBG guys and they have some young killers coming through.
They might not go on to be UFC calibre fighters but there is talent there.
Conor started the ball rolling, judge SBG in 5-10 years.
Yep
http://www.echo.ie/show/article/sbg-students-shine-on-the-world-stage
They also train a lotta guys who do well at immaf
Also isnt this kid like 20-21? Are the haters pretending this loss (his first) has derailed him from going futher forever ? Hopefully itl stop him mimicking connor on the mic and it gives him realistic view of where as a grappler his striking is really at

Man, Conor's large amount of over the top fanboys are bad but the haters legit are full retard.

No logic. Just blind hatred. Yeah, Conor sucks.. You're fucking idiots if you think this.

Man, Conor's large amount of over the top fanboys are bad but the haters legit are full retard.

No logic. Just blind hatred. Yeah, Conor sucks.. You're fucking idiots if you think this.

Not as retarded as someone who believes that the opinion that Diaz is the second best LW is an acceptable opinion.

Conor 9-1
Gunnar 7-3
Pedred 4-2
Holohan 3-2
Katona 1-0
Amirkhani 1-1
Daly 1-2
Artem 2-4
Ward 0-2
Phillips 0-1
Smullen 0-1
Egan 0-1

SBG fighters win more than lose
Eh you added Conor's wins up there and he makes up for most of the team. But half of the fighters on that list have losing records....
So at the end of the day the numbers don't look to great

I think it's more that Roddy and Kavagnaugh aren't the best coaches, I've watched them with fighters and they are pretty average.
I feel it's more Conor being a good fighter that raises the prestige of the gym.
It would be like a decent driver driving a great car. He will do well due to the car itself.
But say you get a guy like Matt Hume and Mighty Mouse, a great driver with a great car, and they can do amazing.

God I hate that I'm giving Conor props here...
But that's just how I see it.

But say you get a guy like Matt Hume and Mighty Mouse, a great driver with a great car, and they can do amazing.
Oh please. Name me another Matt Hume fighter that is any good? All of you put to much emphasis on coaches. There is only so much that a coach can do. A great fighter will always be a great fighter, and an average fighter will always be an average fighter, no matter who teaches them. Look at Jackson/Wink as an example. They were seen as the best for a long time until their fighters went on a 20+ losing streak.

Not as retarded as someone who believes that the opinion that Diaz is the second best LW is an acceptable opinion.
I'd say that is about equally stupid. Diaz would be lucky to be top5 in the division today. It 'd be cool if he would fight so we could find out.

Another excuse when McGregor loses. Khabib trains with champs, I train with bums

AKA-1.jpg

Oh please. Name me another Matt Hume fighter that is any good? All of you put to much emphasis on coaches. There is only so much that a coach can do. A great fighter will always be a great fighter, and an average fighter will always be an average fighter, no matter who teaches them. Look at Jackson/Wink as an example. They were seen as the best for a long time until their fighters went on a 20+ losing streak.
I was just using them as analogy for good coach + good fighter.
Hume is a wayyy better coach than Kavagnaugh.
And if you don't think a good coach helps a fighter than I don't what man....say if Aldo was training under Edmund instead of of pedrneiras, you still think he would've been great?
Jackson wink suffered the same thing as SBG. Good talent lack of good coaching. That's why more than half of their original fighters are no longer with them.

I was just using them as analogy for good coach + good fighter.
Hume is a wayyy better coach than Kavagnaugh.
And if you don't think a good coach helps a fighter than I don't what man....say if Aldo was training under Edmund instead of of pedrneiras, you still think he would've been great?
Jackson wink suffered the same thing as SBG. Good talent lack of good coaching. That's why more than half of their original fighters are no longer with them.
Who are the best coaches ?

Yep
http://www.echo.ie/show/article/sbg-students-shine-on-the-world-stage
They also train a lotta guys who do well at immaf
Also isnt this kid like 20-21? Are the haters pretending this loss (his first) has derailed him from going futher forever ? Hopefully itl stop him mimicking connor on the mic and it gives him realistic view of where as a grappler his striking is really at

It’s actually quite impressive how successful they are considering how young the gym is. And how little known MMA was in Ireland before Connor.
People don’t seem to realise how good a fighter you have to be to even get in the UFC. (Unless you’re already famous)
Me and a few others are literally building a gym right now and if we got one person in the UFC we’d consider it a success. Only a small % of gyms can say this.

giphy.gif

654922672.jpg

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

And the best for last. Where were you Kav? Where were you Owen Roddy? Why is a BJJ coach the head coach for a boxing match?

Poor Artem was a punching bag for Andre Fili, Danny Castillo outcoached the entire SBG corner.
Easy work

giphy.gif

654922672.jpg

emfq0myyc76djnwzg.jpg

Below average, at best.

Back