Canada : Legal Weed on the way!

October 17 2018 is the official date.

1tztWBu.jpg

We already knew that too many Canadians were high....That's how Trudeau got elected.

Well, weed legalization was a major plank in the Liberal party platform, so yeah...

It's also pretty much the only major campaign promise that they're following through on.

October 17 2018 is the official date.

What?? That seems a little far out for a date. They should have been mostly ready for the promised June 1st opening. Any idea why so late?

Weed should have never been banned in the first place, so a great thing. One thing I'm unsure of is how companies can get a license to sell recreational pot, and who are the growers?

I run a lot of parties, where we run the bar. I'm not a big drinker myself, but I'm always amazed at the vast selection of drinks/shots my bartenders can make. One of my buddies is a mixologist, it's crazy what is out there, bunch of fucking alcoholics lol

I look forward to the day when I can have a selection of establishments to visit, where companies compete for the best weed/prices etc... I've always wanted to have a place that has tons of options for edibles too. I hope it's as much of open market as possible.
Don't count on it.

What?? That seems a little far out for a date. They should have been mostly ready for the promised June 1st opening. Any idea why so late?
They're claiming they didn't know the details of the legislation so they couldn't fully prepare. Sounds like bullshit to me.

June or july was never a serious date proposed. And a bad day would be canada day regardless due to unknown variables on our busiest day.

I think the reasoning for the date is for law enforcement and provinces wanted more time to implement initiatives. Lots of banter of politicians wanting to ban home grow altogether.
Natives were also making a stink about now wanting to be able to produce. They were not bitching 2 years ago.

Well, weed legalization was a major plank in the Liberal party platform, so yeah...

It's also pretty much the only major campaign promise that they're following through on.
All parties except conservatives had marijuana decriminalization as part of their platform.

30g is still max posession limit.
Public smoking is will vary based on province.
Craft sellers etc are not legal yet but are being considered for future.
Edibles are not for legal sale, but can be made privately.

Quebec and manitoba ban home grow.

Impaired driving is a mess for how they can test.

Royal assent into law should be tomorrow

Im in the $$$$

Im invested in Aurora Cannabis and Radient Technologies. Radient has been so so for me because I got in a bit late but Aurora has been golden. I averaged in @$1.75USD per share, sold around a third of my holdings @ around $7USD to get my original investment plus some profit. Now I have almost 2,000 "free" shares that I'll ride out for a few years.

Love how guys like Bill Blair and Julian Fantino who made their livings locking up people for growing weed or selling weed are now gonna be making big money off it. Fuckin scumbags. It needs to be legal but I don't like their whole regulation aspect. The last couple years has truly been the golden age with dispensaries everywhere, hell I get weed delivered to me now like pizza.

Love how guys like Bill Blair and Julian Fantino who made their livings locking up people for growing weed or selling weed are now gonna be making big money off it. Fuckin scumbags. It needs to be legal but I don't like their whole regulation aspect. The last couple years has truly been the golden age with dispensaries everywhere, hell I get weed delivered to me now like pizza.

They are total pieces of garbage.

I don't think this is going to be the wonderful fun-time many people are expecting it to be. There is going to be a lot of issues and bumps in the road as this plays out.

June or july was never a serious date proposed. And a bad day would be canada day regardless due to unknown variables on our busiest day.

I think the reasoning for the date is for law enforcement and provinces wanted more time to implement initiatives. Lots of banter of politicians wanting to ban home grow altogether.
Natives were also making a stink about now wanting to be able to produce. They were not bitching 2 years ago.
They appear to have a fairly legit claim that they weren't consulted. Perhaps they weren't bitching then because they thought they would be included in discussions.
But I'm just playing devil's advocate. I think complaining now is silly too.

They appear to have a fairly legit claim that they weren't consulted. Perhaps they weren't bitching then because they thought they would be included in discussions.
But I'm just playing devil's advocate. I think complaining now is silly too.

In regards to how taxation works on the reserve they have a point.
In regards to licensed production of which nobody has to be notified to say hey do you want to start a business? They have no point. Its up to them to apply for licensing the same way i would have to if i wanted to be an LP. They see the cash cow it is now and want in. Fwiw im not aware of any having applied for LP status since cannabis became med legal. They were content with their bootlegging. They are welcome to apply like any normal company and wait 2 years for licensing.

Royal assent occurred.
Cannabis officially into law for oct 17 2018

Back