Cancer Survivor Asked to Cover His Face While Dining at Forks Pit Stop

... but at the same time he has no obligation to cover his wounds up just because someone may feel uneasy. I think we as humans should be more understanding and compassionate, not such pussies.

How clean are his wounds? What if someone has a contagious disease? Should they be out in public also? Why are men and women not allowed to walk around naked? Is that not my choice? Isn't America a free country? Walk me through my constitutional rights. No, you actually do not get to do anything you want in the United States.

Fuck that. You don’t have the right to ruin people’s meals. You know you can cover up. I worked with a burn victim that wore a head sleeve to be polite. I got a surface head wound grappling. Bandages covered in blood. I got take out.

How clean are his wounds? What if someone has a contagious disease? Should they be out in public also? Why are men and women not allowed to walk around naked? Is that not my choice? Isn't America a free country? Walk me through my constitutional rights. No, you actually do not get to do anything you want in the United States.
Dont be a drama queen. They’re scars, not open and fresh, bleeding wounds. We all have nostrils, his just happen to be flush against his skull.

Your rhetoric is an absolute failure, but nice attempt.

Dont be a drama queen. They’re scars, not open and fresh, bleeding wounds. We all have nostrils, his just happen to be flush against his skull.

Scars? … and you know that how? Have you met this guy? You have not answered my question. Should people with a contagious disease be allowed to be out in public? No, this guy does not have a contagious disease, at least none that the article mentions. But at what point does his freedom to walk around looking like that and frightening small kids (and some adults) infringe on other people's freedom to feel comfortable and safe? This guy can clearly get a 'new' face based on what I wrote on post #22. He doesn't because he is probably too uneducated to know that the option is there.

Also, this is not about others, it is about the guy himself. Why go through such emotional turmoil when out in public when there is help available?

I think your reasoning is flawed:
I agree that he could wear a mask or sunglasses.

You are clearly agreeing with me and being a 'bleeding heart' at the same time, otherwise known as a hypocrite.

Scars? … and you know that how? Have you met this guy? You have not answered my question. Should people with a contagious disease be allowed to be out in public? No, this guy does not have a contagious disease, at least none that the article mentions. But at what point does his freedom to walk around looking like that and frightening small kids (and some adults) infringe on other people's freedom to feel comfortable and safe? This guy can clearly get a 'new' face based on what I wrote on post #22. He doesn't because he is probably too uneducated to know that the option is there.

Also, this is not about others, it is about the guy himself. Why go through such emotional turmoil when out in public when there is help available?

You are clearly agreeing with me and being a 'bleeding heart' at the same time, otherwise known as a hypocrite.

If you feel unsafe cuz someone around you has scars and is disfigured you're definitely a weak pathetic dandelion man. Grow some fucking balls dude.

Its tough, I can see both sides.

He should have worn the phantom of the opera mask, but inverted.

Refer to deez nutz!!!!

I agree that he could wear a mask or sunglasses, but at the same time he has no obligation to cover his wounds up just because someone may feel uneasy. I think we as humans should be more understanding and compassionate, not such pussies.
Its not about compassion or understanding for many. It about their sensitivities as i've explained up thread. I am fine if you want to call that being a pussy. Many people cannot help that though. Many of the people who would call me a pussy for that would not do 1/100 th of the extreme stuff I would do. People are different and we can all have different sensitivities so its kind of silly to just expect that they can control it just as I cannot simply tell someone to get over their fear of heights and walk with me across this just because i can and have done that.

DUQKhFVVAAAWegH.jpg

And while i agree it is not the injured persons fault they are like, I can understand a restaurant trying to protect sensitive clients from it but would expect them to ask him politely.

Man from the way most are posting about his face i thought it would be 100x worse.

no eye no nose? like we dont see this shit every day.

go shame all the vets who appear in public with there nubs/fake limbs sticking out all gross and shit.

If you feel unsafe cuz someone around you has scars and is disfigured you're definitely a weak pathetic dandelion man. Grow some fucking balls dude.

You completely missed the point. Not surprising, coming from a fucking idiot who can't read and make sense of the argument. Raise your IQ by 30 points and we can get back to this conversation.

Its not about compassion or understanding for many. It about their sensitivities as i've explained up thread. Many people cannot help that though. People are different and we can all have different sensitivities so its kind of silly to just expect that they can control it just as I cannot simply tell someone to get over their fear of heights and walk with me across this (steel beam) just because i can and have done that.

Exactly, or the fact that someone smells bad.

"Nigerian woman kicked off United flight after white man complained she was ‘pungent,’ suit says"

Story: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...it-says/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.8dbd86d07191

"Smelly Airline Passenger Forces Emergency Landing As Fellow Travelers Vomit and Faint"

Story: https://www.newsweek.com/smelly-air...ncy-landing-fellow-travelers-vomit-and-952482

Last edited:

How do I know? Because a.) I have eyes and can see they're scars and not fresh wounds, and b.) I can read, "Cancer survivor asked to cover his scars. Him walking around isn't infringing upon anyone's freedom to do anything, what kind of retarded mental gymnastics are you practicing here? Is anyone being forced to stare at him? Is anyone force to walk near him or sit next to him while eating? Why does this man, or anyone missing extremities, have to put on prosthetics to make their appearance more aesthetically pleasing? They're not obligated to do any such thing. I can understand a child that doesn't understand why this man's face looks different could be upset, but an adult being frightened or felt unsafe due to his scars... that's laughably pathetic, much like your entire line of reasoning in this thrad.

The man has been quoted as having never received treatment this way, so it seems like you didn't read the story and that you're just spouting off rhetoric.

I said he could wear a mask, or an eye patch, or even try to go through insurance to have plastic surgery. He could do those things, but in no way, shape, or form is he obligated to do so. The guy was getting a sandwich at a gas station, what the hell are you crying about?

I
And while i agree it is not the injured persons fault they are like, I can understand a restaurant trying to protect sensitive clients from it but would expect them to ask him politely.
He was getting food at a gas station that he frequents. Lady was fired, business disagrees with you. Anyone arguing for the man to cover up his scars because they're squeamish is invalidated.

Moving on.

He was getting food at a gas station that he frequents. Lady was fired, business disagrees with you. Anyone arguing for the man to cover up his scars because they're squeamish is invalidated.

Moving on.
I never commented on the specifics of this situation. I commented in general mostly to people saying 'just toughen up, if a guy like in the OP is eating in a restaurant you are in'. My only point is that it is not about just toughening up. A lot of people will not be able to eat under such circumstances. That is not a nice or not nice thing, it is just what it is, like a lot of people cannot deal with heights. We are all different.

I never commented on the specifics of this situation. I commented in general mostly to people saying 'just toughen up, if a guy like in the OP is eating in a restaurant you are in'. My only point is that it is not about just toughening up. A lot of people will not be able to eat under such circumstances. That is not a nice or not nice thing, it is just what it is, like a lot of people cannot deal with heights. We are all different.
We all are different, and disfigured people are under no obligation to cover up just because some people may be squeamish.

If he is leaking or spraying fluids out of his face and could contaminate food, that is another thing. But it doesn't seem to be the case here. And again, I'm pretty sure the business owners took the gentleman's side, as have the majority of people that have read the story.

Why does this man, or anyone missing extremities, have to put on prosthetics to make their appearance more aesthetically pleasing? They're not obligated to do any such thing. I can understand a child that doesn't understand why this man's face looks different could be upset, but an adult being frightened or felt unsafe due to his scars... that's laughably pathetic.

Agreed, the man is not obligated to do anything about his face, but don't you think he wished he had a better face? Again, how much turmoil does he have to put up with when going out in public? Facial deformities are not the same as a missing arm or leg. I've seen both in my time in the military. Since you are too lazy to read what I previously posted, here it is again:

He can't afford plastic surgery but somehow had the cancer treatment for free? Some doctors, like lawyers, do 'pro bono' work -- for free. It is not that difficult to find. There are many organizations that can help that man improve his facial condition. This guy lives in the United States, not India or Nigeria.

Also, quit the whining about me being a 'drama queen', a 'pussy', and having a 'poor line of reasoning'. You continue to show your level of immaturity and ignorance. The same applies to you. Learn to be respectful of other members. You are not 1/3 the 'hot shit' you think you are.

Gonna side with the old dude on this one. I’m sorry but I value more how the man who now has to live in perpetual hell feels over how your snot nosed kid feels. Any good parent would use this as an opportunity to teach their kid something about empathy anyway.

He’s been through hell and back and now is subjugated to this shell of a life. For example I wouldn’t ask a burn victim to cover up. I’d just smile at them and try to make them feel welcome because I’m sure they feel bad enough as it is.

Fuck the worker who gave him shit, fuck the entitled kids, and fuck their shitty parents.

Back