Canelo vs Trout Official

It may be the bad scores that are pissing me off, it was a good fight, I just don't see how anyone saw Canelo winning that many rounds.

He did. He really did.

I had it 114-113 Trout, but it was close.
People get fired up about that dunce scoring it 118-109, but it was close.

Not a robbery, just one poor scorecard.

It was a robbery, just like every scorecard in Boxing.

2ia4lea.jpg

Fuck off tough guy.

Was wondering when I'd see this gif in this thread. Thanks, I can consider this a successful visit now.

Trout wasn't landing shit, I'm not going to give trout props for missing punches when Canelo is showing good head movement and defence. It's thing like this that are ruining boxing, not the judges. All people can do is bitch about judges score that don't even matter. It was a close fight that Canelo won, why? Because he was the one who didn't let Trout fight his fight, he didn't let Trout dictate the centre of the ring.

Canelo 7-5.

where in the rule book does it say that clean effective punching is the #1 criteria? Show me where.
It doesn't. Theres an "emphasis" on clean effective punching. Some fans confuse that to mean "hard punch wins the round."

where in the rule book does it say that clean effective punching is the #1 criteria? Show me where.

Landing shots.
Effective aggressiveness
Ring generalship.
Defense.

Showtime showed the graphic.

That was an excellent fight and it was close. Trout did very good, great win for Canelo!

eh, I don't believe in giving a guy a round because he landed a hard punch. Canelo clearly got outboxed in at least 6 or 7 rounds there.

Comon man what fight did you see. Throwing and missing is not outboxing someone.

I wouldn't care if it was Canelo by close score(had it for Trout closely) but it clearly showed Trout couldn't get the win even if he deserved it.

This sums up my view. Trout will be back, fellas. Don't get too mad about this.

It's not the fact that Trout lost. It's the fact that we all knew what was going to happen on score cards before the fight even started that's so troublesome.

And Trout was probably told by the promotion after the fight not to lambaste the judging. They don't want to get any dirt on their golden goose in Canelo who has somehow "won" the love of the Mexican fans while others like the Marquez bros basically had to kill themselves in the ring for years to get any fucking respect even though they're both 10x the fighters Canelo. Fucking marketing bullshit

It may be the bad scores that are pissing me off, it was a good fight, I just don't see how anyone saw Canelo winning that many rounds.

how did you have it before round 10 ? ( before canelo was told that he " won " the fight and didn't need to be agressive ) .

he kinda gave up the last 3 rounds..before that it was close

Its volume that impresses some,trout made him look like a defensive wizard at some points. Canelo won. just not at the extreme margins 2 of the judges gave.

Volume doesn't win rounds though, it's clean and effective punching.

I had it 115-113 Trout but could watch it tomorrow and score it for Canelo. No robbery. Just a competitive fight between two top fighters.

118-109 is an awful card though.

It's not the fact that Trout lost. It's the fact that we all knew what was going to happen on score cards before the fight even started that's so troublesome.

And Trout was probably told by the promotion after the fight not to lambaste the judging. They don't want to get any dirt on their golden goose in Canelo who has somehow "won" the love of the Mexican fans while others like the Marquez bros basically had to kill themselves in the ring for years to get any fucking respect even though they're both 10x the fighters Canelo. Fucking marketing bullshit

I see you all complaining about this. Who the hell cares. This isn't Schrodinger's Cat. Whether you knew it or not, Canelo was getting the nod. Our prior knowledge did not affect the outcome of the decision.

Back