Media Cejudo Calls out Volk, Throws Shade at GSP.

Nobody talked about it because nobody has been a 2 division champ and gotten gold in the olympics... right?

...a.) why wouldn't you put Ronda above them in 'combat sports?' She's a more accomplished athlete across multiple combatives
b.) Why would I put her above Val and Nunes in MMA for non-MMA accomplishments?

They're also team sports. It's hard to factor in. I guess you could say wins a major in tennis and golf? haha.

doesn't matter how connected they are. I'll wait for a list of gold medal athletes who have come to MMA and won a title, god forbid 2.
I don't know what we're even disagreeing about really lol. I think winning a gold medal is insane, I just don't think that puts him in the same class as GSP, Anderson, etc. in MMA. If he's the "best combat sports athlete" whatever, it's something he invented because he isn't the best in Wrestling or MMA lol. Nobody is competing to be the "best combat sports athlete"

And the whole two weight championship is whatever to me, same thing with Conor, Henry beat Marlon Moraes, and Dominick Cruz... neither were the best BW in the world at that time, and the Marlon win has aged insanely bad, at least after Conor beat Alvarez, Alvarez went on to beat Gaethje and have close fights with Dustin. Henry never proved he was the best BW in the world the same way Conor never did, of course the wins are impressive, but the belt thing is just UFC hype, take that out and just look at the wins... who knows how good Henry actually was at BW. I don't think he could beat Yan, and we'll never know, because he'll never try, because he is one of these guys that is obsessed with leaving on top because he is scared to lose

The only joke I can see is that you seriously think he's got a chance in hell of getting the Volk fight. He's not getting it and he's smart enough to know it. Hence he's honeydicking his fanboys like you in order to keep his name out there.
It's actually a smart match up and can use to raise the stock of either fighter. If I was Dana/UFC I would do the fight. It was obvious they wanted Ortega to win so I don't think they mind risking Volk losing. Either way Volk or Cejudo winning can be a plus for them. Too many people think too small. Why wouldn't UFC want to do something that hasn't been done before? Where are the 3 division champions? Where are the fighters that even want to try to be 3 division champ? How many fighters are actually 2 division champs? But yes... focusing on a random fight in just one division is the smart move according to sherdog.

3 Division Champ fight champion vs champion > Random fight

What will sell better and have more interest and hype? The random fight or the super fight? UFC has very few super fights left, it's best to focus on them because they are also running out of stars.

This could be a Very fun fight , i think volk Will be to fast for the cringe

the TJ, Marlon, and Cruz fights are all legit but he got stopped by MM and won a split Dec in the rematch.

Then quit after the cruz fight because he was tired of the grind; then proceeded to shit on gymnasts who in addition to being sick of the grind are having to deal with sexual assault.

At this point - jumping right back in to face Alex; He gets stopped like he did against MM the first time around only not a body shot KO but a KO.

I agree 100% w/Cejudo........ "IF" he actually takes the fight.

He doesn't have enough leverage to ask that fight. look what happen to his "retirement".

It was nice to see Dana address this Cejudo/Volkanovski situation tonight after DWCS. If you read between the lines, it was more or less..

Good fucking luck with that.

The Munchkin way overplayed his hand. And he is getting no favours from the UFC, and shouldn’t expect any.

Quit being a simp. Sign to fight the BW champ. If you win, defend it a couple of times against the next guy in line, to prove you actually deserve a FW TS. Or face a top ten, then top five FW. In other words earn it. Otherwise just stay retired. Nobody fucking cares about him.

Be a man, not a kid. Hit the can, not the lid.

Cejudo selling Wolf Tickets

July 2020 he officially left testing.

Once his name is back in the system then we can talk

Cejudo is getting so boring. At this point he's just a clout chaser.

Thought people would care when he left, they didn't and now he has to beg for a fight

Cejudo selling Wolf Tickets

July 2020 he officially left testing.

Once his name is back in the system then we can talk
UFC does whatever they want. Would you be surprised to see Henry fighting in March or April? If they want Henry to fight they'll make it happen though I don't see a fight worth it to the UFC. At least not with Yan vs Aljo upcoming.

UFC does whatever they want. Would you be surprised to see Henry fighting in March or April? If they want Henry to fight they'll make it happen though I don't see a fight worth it to the UFC. At least not with Yan vs Aljo upcoming.

I wouldn't be surprised at all to be fair.

Lesnar only tested roughly 3 months out from the fight with Hunt.

With that said if his name pops up then we have good evidence of him coming back

Last edited:
Cejudo is an amazing athlete but Gsp is miles ahead of him when it comes to longevity, accomplishments and legacy. Sure, Bisping was a “bum” when Gsp fought him. Lets forget that prior to the GSP fight he sent Luke to Narnia and went to war against Anderson and Hendo. Gsp choked the “bum” these natural middleweights couldn’t.

Back