CFB 2021 Discussion: Aggressive Expansion

My HS missed the playoffs by 1 game my freshman year and then went on a 28 game losing streak.

My freshman team was pretty good at 7-3, but most of that team either quit sports all together or went to other sports like I did, so it never translated to varsity. Then the Penny brothers and a new coach came in a couple years after I graduated and they became a legit playoff team. Kinda crazy to think our school produced an NFL 1st rounder with Rashaad Penny.

My freshman team was pretty good at 7-3, but most of that team either quit sports all together or went to other sports like I did, so it never translated to varsity. Then the Penny brothers and a new coach came in a couple years after I graduated and they became a legit playoff team. Kinda crazy to think our school produced an NFL 1st rounder with Rashaad Penny.
To be fair, my HS didn't open until 96 and didn't have varsity football until 98. Only notable player is a FB who played special teams for the Niners when they lost in that SB to the Ravens.

Shit I didn't know you were that young.

seinfeld-jerry-seinfeld.gif

Hey all. I'm going to take off and likely not post much for a bit. Good luck next year, although I'm not looking to see FL do anything, ever again :) this is the best sub, take it easy.

Recruiting race for No. 1....

The No. 1 recruiting class in the country won’t be stamped by 247Sports until February of 2023, but several college football programs are putting together a foundation early in the cycle that will make them a contender to bring home that top spot down the road.

Let’s take a look at the race for No. 1.

THE DISCUSSION BEGINS WITH NOTRE DAME

When was the last time Notre Dame had a legit chance to finish No. 1? Perhaps when Lou Holtz stalked the sideline?

With first-year head coach Marcus Freeman and his staff, the Irish are bringing a different kind of energy to the trail. The nation’s elite prospects are responding. Notre Dame is off and running with nine commits, comprising an average recruiting ranking of 94.77 per pledge. That is the exact average ranking per commit Texas A&M’s historic 2022 class that finished No. 1 had.

But this isn’t just a fast start that will certainly fizzle. Looking at the targets the Irish are in on moving forward, they have a chance to sustain that talent level and make a run at No. 1 at the finish line.

The Irish already holding pledges from the likes of five-star edge rusherKeon Keeley, who returned this past weekend as Notre Dame battles Alabama and Ohio State to hold on to him, and fellow 247Sports Composite Top100 recruits in linebacker Drayk Bowen, safety Peyton Bowen and defensive lineman Brenan Vernon. They're in the mix for a few more elite targets including five-star quarterback Dante Moore, who visits Monday, five-star jumbo athlete Samuel M'Pemba, who visited earlier this month, and five-star receiver Carnell Tate, who was also recently back on campus. A few other elite guys looking hard at the Irish include coveted offensive tackles Charles Jagusah and Monroe Freeling, defensive lineman Jason Moore and receiver Braylon James, who are all 247Sports Composite Top 100 recruits......(continues)

I'm happy for the guy, he's joined a long list of QBs who weren't good enough for the NFL so they moved into coaching.

Back