China-millions of donkeys bashed to death with sledge hammers

This is why I always shake my head at people that forego western, modern medicine in favour of some “traditional” East Asian remedies. I just think to myself “really? You’re going to cure your cancer with tea and acupuncture? How’s that hippopotamus gallbladder working out for you flaccid cock?”

Idiots.

Because your country does animal cruelty on a much bigger level due to how much you guys consume(Wayyyy too much) and how they are treated. Injecting steroids, giving them the wrong food and no living space to millions of animals is fucked up... Even with the huge population difference between the U.S and China, they still manage to produce way more meat.

This isn't a defending China argument but rather a look in the mirror one.
That's like saying a person who tells a 10 white lies is worse than a person who lies about rape. You are ignoring the severity and degrees of inhumane treatment.

This sounds like whataboutism and delfecting criticism of China. Nobody is claiming we are beyond reproach, what we are is vastly more humane . Unless I am defending US practice and refuse to acknowledge we have issues, I don't see why you are bringing up US practice . You don't see me defending US practices, even though they are not as bad as Chinese practice.

Does anyone actually think that China isn't a crap country? Even Chinese know this. They have a massive complex about it.
Tons of them emmigrate to Canada and America. Tons of them make use of birth tourism, because in the words of the parents: they want to give their kids better opportunities and education.

There is nothing special about dogs , looking down on someone for eating dog is straight up silly
1. Yes, dogs are special. In the vast majority(all?) cultures of the world, dogs provide companionship, protection, herd livestock, assist in hunts, serve in combat/law enforcement, etc. Dogs intrinsically perceive humans as allies, as a mutually beneficial relationship between the two has developed over thousands of years. Equating that to the relationship between man and swine, poultry, etc is disingenuous.
2. "Eating dog" might be the understatement of the century. They torture, kill, and eat them indiscriminately.

Last edited:
Do not Asians. Either kind. I am a racist. I judge culture.

Dogs have an inherently different relationship with man than livestock, which developed over thousands of years. Not saying we shouldn't strive for more ethical treatment of livestock, but it's a false equivalency, claiming it's the same because both are mammals, etc.
Not everyone holds dogs in as high regards as Western societies. They're viewed as no more than livestocks, such as chicken and pigs, in certain places in the world. Cows played a much bigger role than dogs ever did as working animal in the evolution of human society. They were paramount to agriculture, and transportation since humans started the transition from hunter-gathers to farming society. Your emotional attachment to canine is clouding your judgement when ranking usefulness of animals.

Last edited:
1. Yes, dogs are special. In the vast majority(all?) cultures of the world, dogs provide companionship, protection, herd livestock, assist in hunts, serve in combat/law enforcement, etc. Dogs intrinsically perceive humans as allies, as a mutually beneficial relationship between the two has developed over thousands of years. Equating that to the relationship between man and swine, poultry, etc is disingenuous.
2. "Eating did" might be the understatement of the century. They torture, kill, and eat them indiscriminately.
That's just western bias

China has never had any humanity when it comes to animals.

another reason why the Chinese will not rule the world like most fear. In the 80's it was the Japanese, we thought they were buying up America. Anyway, they're not ruling the world now and neither are the Chinese

Not everyone holds dogs in as high regards as Western societies. They're viewed as no more than livestocks, such as chicken and pigs, in certain places in the world. Cows played a much bigger role than dogs ever did as working animal in the evolution of human society. They were paramount to agriculture, and transportation since humans started the transition from hunter-gathers to farming society. Your emotional attachment to canine is clouding your judgement when ranking usefulness of animals.
A cow lacks a frontal lobe. It is indifferent to a human being, independent of its treatment. Livestock's function in the course of human development is exactly that...as livestock. No cow was ever bred for companionship, nor intrinsically viewed a human being as its ally.

China has never had any humanity when it comes to animals.
Any country that doesn't have a judeo Christian background will have this everything-goes tendency. Not just animals right but with everything else.

Dogs are loyal to humans.. If you don't value that, you may need to reassess.

Any country that doesn't have a judeo Christian background will have this everything-goes tendency. Not just animals right but with everything else.

Well, Asians have "honor" as their God, or "face." It does some good things for them.

It will be their ruin. Family honor is nothing but pride. Pride comes before the fall.

We undervalue pride in the west. We act like men with pride, now, have some problem. If you aren't immature and snarky, you have some problem. 50 years ago in OUR culture you could still be a serious person and be taken seriously.

They go too far in the other direction with this in certain Asian cultures.

We don't treat our livestock like them. Laws in place all for humane killings. Some slaughterhouses not keeping to the law does not mean the culture as a whole condones such behavior.

You can't sit there and tell me our treatment of animals is on par with China. It's like saying our issues with raciam and oppression is on par with Saudi or China, because we still have issues.

Sledgehammer much like a captive bolt piston except requires more muscle, and good aim to get the sweet spot.

We undervalue pride in the west. We act like men with pride, now, have some problem. If you aren't immature and snarky, you have some problem. 50 years ago in OUR culture you could still be a serious person and be taken seriously.

They go too far in the other direction with this in certain Asian cultures.
I know this well in the Asian culture. They are very polite but VERY prideful. A meek, mild mannered Asian guy could be smiling at you but inside could think he's 10 levels above you. They live and die on pride. Back in the day, they committed suicide when losing a game of chess.

Pride and shame are both sides of the same coin. When you are prideful you are prone to shame because irrational self elevation will hit reality sometime and when you hit the bottom from a height of pride, it's the pit of shame. Pride is needed to overcompensate when you feel shameful. A prideful person is often a shameful person. These twins are very toxic to the human psyche.

There's no such thing as animal rights in China, or Asia in general really. They treat animals like filth and have no appreciation of them whatsoever. The Chinese may have high IQ's and be well-educated, but on the whole, they are easily the stupidest nationality I've spent time living around. No street smarts, common sense or general logic - they will literally believe ANYTHING they are told and won't even remotely question it, I guess its the way they're brought up and the way the government hone them to behave like a hive - work hard, be a normal, functioning cog in the machine, don't stand out, don't question what you're told etc.

That is what you get when you have someone like Mao in charge for so long, and all that stuff he did. It will be a while before they change.

That's the standard way of slaughtering animals in a lot of places.
Actually, a sledgehammer is pretty high tech.

Back