Chris Hardwick Reinstated by AMC After Investigation Into Cheating Ex's Unsubstanciated Allegations

And that is why only the Crown is required to follow duty to disclose evidence.

But truthfully, they were in possession of all that info if they wanted it anyways. The girls still had those emails and text history. They just did not disclose it because, well, they look like desperate hoes with no credibility out for revenge for being dumped after a quickie. Which quite frankly, evidence indicates is the case.

Speaking even more frankly, those women were beyond stupid.

To try to get together and form a line of attack to gang up on him before they went to the authorities, all claiming they did not know each other and had never met after going to the authorities.

To say they were terrified of him and never saw him again, only for Texts, emails and facebook messages to show they chased him for MONTHS after he jilted them, sending bikini pics or even nudes, trying to get him in the sack again. One of them even admitted upon cross " yeah I forgot but I did willingly give him a handjob in the bathroom at work a few weeks after the alleged rape".

Sorry if you are going to testify, I do not care about your past history and all that stuff if it is irrelevant to the charges. But if you outright lie on the stand and are caught red handed, you can't just say "i was emotionally distraught and forgot about that".
It is truly sad and dangerous times as you can clearly see the intentions behind these pushes to the change the law and it is to ensure guys like Ghomeshi are convicted regardless of what the female wanted or did in such cases that might exonerate him.

It is truly sad and dangerous times as you can clearly see the intentions behind these pushes to the change the law and it is to ensure guys like Ghomeshi are convicted regardless of what the female wanted or did in such cases that might exonerate him.
On one hand, I get the wishes to change the law.

We have seen some examples of defense lawyers raking a true victim through the coals on unrelated topics trying to portray them as sluts and say "They wanted it", while dragging out proceedings to make the victim have to relive it over and over and over again. Its no wonder they just want to drop it and move on with their lives.

On the other hand, the less scrupulous types who are just out for vindictive revenge is why we need these laws in place.

They like to say "Very few lie about being sexually assaulted according to the stats!", but I do not believe that for a second. Shit tons of them lie about it.

I have no answers as to how to fix the system. Forcing the accused to take the stand to defend himself would never pass I think as it opens too many ugly doors in other types of cases.

Marvel's Jaimie Alexander Shares Petition to Bring Chris Hardwick Back
Charlie Ridgely | 06/29/2018​

GettyImages-679319408-e1530218834531.jpg

It's been two weeks since Chris Hardwick's ex-girlfriend, Chloe Dykstra, wrote an open letter detailing years of abuse from the Talking Dead host, though she didn't mention him by name in the piece. Since then, the host has been dropped from a couple of San Diego Comic-Con panels, and his show was taken off the air by AMC while an investigation into the allegations takes place.

While many online have stood with Dykstra during this time, a core of Walking Dead fans have been very vocal in their support of Hardwick, saying that AMC is wrong to bench him without any concrete evidence. Yesterday, former Marvel star Jaimie Alexander decided to join the side of Hardwick, and even shared a petition to have the network "bring him back."

Alexander also tweeted out a link to a petition on Change.org, where fans are attempting to tell AMC that they want Hardwick back on the air, regardless of what the accusations might say.

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/amp/2018/06/29/chris-hardwick-petition-jaimie-alexander/

giphy.gif

How very forward & progressive of AMC.

Who cares if he’s guilty or innocent of anything, let’s take this as an opportunity to replace the systemic white patrarchy with an empowered, female POC. Justice is now served, whether he did anything wrong or not.

In the words of early politically correctness activist Andrew Dice Clay:

“Fuck the whole fuckin’ network.”

giphy.gif

How very forward & progressive of AMC.

Who cares if he’s guilty or innocent of anything, let’s take this as an opportunity to replace the systemic white patrarchy with an empowered, female POC. Justice is now served, whether he did anything wrong or not.

In the words of early politically correctness activist Andrew Dice Clay:

“Fuck the whole fuckin’ network.”
Considering the route they’ve taken they do need somebody to replace him, and I think Yvette is a good choice. I always enjoyed her being on talking dead. She’s fun and seems really invested in the show. Why not hire her?

How many signatures does the petition have?

Guilty until proven out of sight and out of mind.

Considering the route they’ve taken they do need somebody to replace him

I don't get what you mean here. Considering they are firing him without just cause? How about they just back it up, and say 'After some consideration, we have decided not to part ways with Mr. Hardwick' or something like that. Maybe let the legal proceedings play out first, before they... oh right, there *are* no legal proceedings. This broad isn't even pressing any kind of charges, or suing him, didn't even name him, this is just a sorry smear job.

It's pretty crazy how allegations are enough.

I remember being just a young lad and being rather scared of girls because of the amount of power they wield over you.

Crazy world we live in.

Since it didn't name him, he should have just said "It wasn't me, must of been that dude she was cheating on me with"

By replying, it almost seems he's guilty - of something anyways.

In reality though, what really happened is probably something between his and her accounts

I remember being just a young lad and being rather scared of girls because of the amount of power they wield over you.

How long ago were you a young lad

that seems like a really crazy thing to say

Fuck Hollywood and it’s Liberal Snowflake asshole agenda. The accuser should be arrested.

Considering the route they’ve taken they do need somebody to replace him, and I think Yvette is a good choice. I always enjoyed her being on talking dead. She’s fun and seems really invested in the show. Why not hire her?
It's not anything specifically against her--I'm not aware of who she is.
But hiring her under the conditions that they fired Hardwick is such a sleazy, corporate, "look, we love women and POC, guys!" move. There's nothing genuine about it.

They're dropping Hardwick, a guy who had been working with them for a long time based on an allegation from a girl Chris dated years ago. What she alleged he did wasn't even a crime, she showed no evidence of it, and Chris denied it happened--and even posted up messages that would discredit what she said.
Despite that, because AMC doesn't want to be seen as women hatin or something, they drop Chris...andddd of course now they can't hire another white male to replace him...they have to hire a woman..and better yet..let's get a black woman. lol It's just so fake.
All of this because some crazy ex wanted some attention.

That's not to say that this Yvette is incapable of doing a good job, but AMC's reasoning behind it is pretty transparent and shallow

I used to read this site called Pajiba.cpm. It was mostly a tv and movie reviews site, and it was great in introducing me to new shows and indie movies. It's definitely a left leaning site, but over the years it has gotten into crazy left territory. And i am saying this as a guy that is mostly on the left politically ((maybe center left would be a better description these days)

Anyways, i read this site's opinion pieces on the Hardwick situation, and im just absolutely fucking baffled, and would love to understand how a person with more than 2 brain cells can look at a situation like this and see it in such black and white terms. I would honestly love to have a sit down chat with this guy and pick his brain. It is scary that people think like this and have no problem passing judgment with only half a story. Here's a little something from the guy, ..

"I don’t know if these books (books about gaslighting) have always been popular, either, or if I have just now started to stumble upon them en masse, but when I read Chloe Dykstra’s Medium piece yesterday, I recognized the exact same pattern in the actions of Chris Hardwick. It was uncanny, really, and Chris Hardwick’s response to those allegations fit, almost to a tee, how these gaslighting men would react in the books. They don’t get mad; they don’t get defensive; they reframe the narrative; they make themselves look like the good guy; they make the woman look — and probably feel — out of her damn mind.
That’s exactly what Chris Hardwick did in his response to Chloe Dykstra.

It’s so transparent. I hope that social media is not so easily persuaded by what is so clearly a case of gaslighting. I don’t know what else to add except that we believe Chloe. The nice thing about these books, too, is that in the end, the men always get what’s coming to them."

"Dirty fucking pool, Hardwick. When you’re using TMZ to fight your battles, you know you’ve already lost, and guess what? These texts also prove absolutely nothing, except how shitty Hardwick is and that, perhaps, Chloe Dykstra decided to try and make amends with Hardwick seven months after they broke up because HE BLACKLISTED HER."

So there basically is nothing a man accused of abuse can do but leave society. You can't defend yourself , explain, or deny the accusations. All you can do is bend over and take it? Really? That's justice to these people?

I would say the reverse is true politically, extremism when it comes to these isues is mostly the product of centralist politics. Your dealing with people who mostly support the current neoliberal status quo so they can't offer anything in terms of significant economic changes, hence they need to push social issues to the absolute extreme looking to play on hatred the same way their opponents to the right do. I mean you look at recent politics and you see someone like Sanders or Corbyn actually on the left economically repeatly attacked over supposed sexism of their support, its because its the best weapon of the establishment centralist like Hilary.

Honestly in this case to me the real issue would be the blacklisting, did it actually happen? if so he probably deserves criticism for it but equally I could see Dykstra simply having depended on his influence to further her career and struggling without it.

I would say the reverse is true politically, extremism when it comes to these isues is mostly the product of centralist politics. Your dealing with people who mostly support the current neoliberal status quo so they can't offer anything in terms of significant economic changes, hence they need to push social issues to the absolute extreme looking to play on hatred the same way their opponents to the right do. I mean you look at recent politics and you see someone like Sanders or Corbyn actually on the left economically repeatly attacked over supposed sexism of their support, its because its the best weapon of the establishment centralist like Hilary.

Honestly in this case to me the real issue would be the blacklisting, did it actually happen? if so he probably deserves criticism for it but equally I could see Dykstra simply having depended on his influence to further her career and struggling without it.

It is an odd sort of self-cannibalization going on these past few years.
As you mentioned, the attacks on Sanders and Corbyn are pretty incredible considering there is an actual, more pressing problem standing right in front of the left. Just makes me wonder how much farther to the left can these people go?

For the blacklisting, under the circumstances, I don't see that as that big of an issue. Normally, of couse it would be a shit head move. You can't go ruin someone's career because of personal issues.

But Dykstra had a job that Hardwick help her get--and he was helping her get gigs while they were together...and then she ends up cheating on him with a guy that he works with.
Hardwick is a big name in the "nerd industry", he knows a lot of people, and is involved in a lot of things, he's obviously not going to want to work with a girl that cheated on him. Even if he expressed that to other people in the business, I don't see what the issue with that is.
It was an insanely moronic move on Dykstra's part to not only cheat on the guy, but do it with someone he works with.
They were together for like 4 years--so people knew they were together. Rumors get around, and no one that wants Hardwick to host a show, or do a gig, is going to want to have Dykstra around pissing him off. This seemed like more to me friends taking one side after a relationship ended.
These guys in the industry were Hardwick's friend first, so of course the same opportunities for Dykstra weren't going to be there for when she broke up with Hardwick in that manner.

It is an odd sort of self-cannibalization going on these past few years.
As you mentioned, the attacks on Sanders and Corbyn are pretty incredible considering there is an actual, more pressing problem standing right in front of the left. Just makes me wonder how much farther to the left can these people go?

For the blacklisting, under the circumstances, I don't see that as that big of an issue. Normally, of couse it would be a shit head move. You can't go ruin someone's career because of personal issues.

But Dykstra had a job that Hardwick help her get--and he was helping her get gigs while they were together...and then she ends up cheating on him with a guy that he works with.
Hardwick is a big name in the "nerd industry", he knows a lot of people, and is involved in a lot of things, he's obviously not going to want to work with a girl that cheated on him. Even if he expressed that to other people in the business, I don't see what the issue with that is.
It was an insanely moronic move on Dykstra's part to not only cheat on the guy, but do it with someone he works with.
They were together for like 4 years--so people knew they were together. Rumors get around, and no one that wants Hardwick to host a show, or do a gig, is going to want to have Dykstra around pissing him off. This seemed like more to me friends taking one side after a relationship ended.
These guys in the industry were Hardwick's friend first, so of course the same opportunities for Dykstra weren't going to be there for when she broke up with Hardwick in that manner.

The issue for me is that Left and Liberal have come to mean the same things in a lot of peoples minds. I mean I'm not surprised as this is something the entire media deliberately pushes, the right wing media to play on fear of "communists" and the centralist media to try and paint its preffered politicans as economically more progressive than they actually are. Really though much of the time centralists push this message in a cynical style, the reality is that pushing someone like Hilary under a feminist banner clearly has potential to damage a feminist cause.

That would really be the issue for me, if Hardwick was making phone calls telling people not to hire her or else then he deserves criticism, if her career flounded simply because he wasn't helping her anymore then theres no reason for criticism.

Honestly whilst I do have sympathy with issues in #metoo it does feel like its something that's pushed so hard because it plays well with the above centralist media. Basically feminism becomes all about the lives of rich or at least middle class white women largly ignoring that those who suffer most are women in poverty who put up with more abuse and are more likely to work in shitty low paid careers than men. I think its also something that plays well with the kind of feminism the establishment loves that often actually very conservative when it comes to sex, to me is basically just comes across as a reflection of Christian guilt(even if the people aren't Christian or actively anti Christian they carry they same social values) so if sex is shameful and wrong and your in favour of women then obviously you want them kept apart from it.

Last edited:
Back