Clash of Clans, v2: Official Sherdog Clan = JUST BLEED...and our enemies do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prob multiple, only one valkyrie can be removed per spring trap. They can only knock up to 15 supply off the map. They are great for hogs/gaints because they have 5 housing so its a optimal number. That is why you see 15 hogs run over a spring but 3 only go flying.

That's funny. I always figured there was some control variable but I never really thought about it. I presumed maybe it was like a percentage of the troops on that location.

Just was over browsing the Supercell CoC forums. They have a suggestions subforum. I wanted to see what users there thought of this idea:

Give leaders the ability to remove unwanted troops from war clan castles.

Interestingly and frustratingly enough, there seems to be nearly as much opposition as support for the idea. Some seem to think it gives the leaders too much power. One guy said "I don't want anyone touching my troops" so I think there are people who (A) fundamentally don't understand what's being discussed, or (B) are in clans which have a leader and 49 co-leaders, rendering the idea useless.

I forgot my login/password for that forum so I was only able to lurk, read opinions, and be pissed off.

I think it's a great idea to give that ability to the leaders. It would ostensibly solve the bad donations problem, which is tricky right now since there is no built-in accountability for war cc donations.

Later on I'll log in there and write up a post on the subject. Probably a waste of time, though. Looked like a major cluster of morons in that forum.

Well you can remove your own unwanted troops, so really not necessary unless the player is not very active/not paying attention.

Just was over browsing the Supercell CoC forums. They have a suggestions subforum. I wanted to see what users there thought of this idea:

Interestingly and frustratingly enough, there seems to be nearly as much opposition as support for the idea. Some seem to think it gives the leaders too much power. One guy said "I don't want anyone touching my troops" so I think there are people who (A) fundamentally don't understand what's being discussed, or (B) are in clans which have a leader and 49 co-leaders, rendering the idea useless.

I forgot my login/password for that forum so I was only able to lurk, read opinions, and be pissed off.

I think it's a great idea to give that ability to the leaders. It would ostensibly solve the bad donations problem, which is tricky right now since there is no built-in accountability for war cc donations.

Later on I'll log in there and write up a post on the subject. Probably a waste of time, though. Looked like a major cluster of morons in that forum.

They've obviously never been don key'd

I would definitely be onboard, but maybe other clans haven't had as many problems with rogue donators like we have.

It's really unbelievable how many times we have had this problem, a problem that is solved by simply READING the request. I'm not talking about people donating level 5 archers instead of waiting for level 7. I'm talking about putting a dragon where witches are requested, barbs where archers are requested, etc.... how does this happen?

Don claimed to "not understand" how defensive CCs work. I assumed that he was trolling and just doing it to be an asshole since he's been playing for a while now, but maybe it's possible he's just that dumb, or is illiterate? lol it really shouldn't be so hard to get this right.

Well you can remove your own unwanted troops, so really not necessary unless the player is not very active/not paying attention.

So I check in an hour before war starts, and my cc hasn't been filled. Then I come back 5 minutes after war starts, and someone has filled it with healers and wallbreakers. I would not know who did it nor could I fix it. And one guy could do it to the whole clan. Sure, many might catch it, but the leader could fix everyone's. Or people who missed their own.

Right now, the leader can see that bad donations have been made but can't do anything about it. No good.

The perfect solution would be for me to be able to toggle access to my cc . That way everybody gets their way.

don key had taken in garbage armies to war attacks on numerous previous occasions. Not a controversial kick.

don key had taken in garbage armies to war attacks on numerous previous occasions. Not a controversial kick.

When he loaded up a bunch of war cc's with healers and wallbreakers and barbs, he at least gave some kind of excuse in the chat, something like he was super high and/or he didn't understand the concept of war cc's and/or he had to dump some troops. There was a slim chance of his redeeming himself at that point, but still a chance.

His war attack in the opening seconds was the cause for his immediate booting. He showed that he had no intention of being anything but an active detriment to the clan.

The perfect solution would be for me to be able to toggle access to my cc . That way everybody gets their way.

The point is, in war cc's, you don't have control over what goes in. You can only remove. Only others can place troops in there, and you don't have the option to choose not to, or when to request like during regular farming time. An open request is out there which you cannot possibly monitor, since it stays open for 24 hours straight.

The only way for you to currently fix a mistaken or malicious donation is to catch it yourself, remove the troops, and hope that your original request is fulfilled before wartime. If someone sabotages 20 CC's, then all 20 members have to be online during war prep, notice the problem, and take the steps to correct it before the war starts.

The solutions those opposed to the idea have advanced is for leaders to have fifty perfect clan members who don't make mistakes of go off the reservation, or for the top donators to fill all war cc's in the opening minutes of the war prep day. Neither of those is typically feasible.

Having leaders able to delete (not otherwise manipulate) just the defensive war cc troops isn't too powerful, and it doesn't cost Supercell anything. I think it should be implemented, and sooner rather than later.

I would think it wouldnt be too terribly difficult for SuperCell to create a donation interface similar to what you see when you open up a barracks to build an army. You could select your CC, see a list of troops and troop levels available for donation from anyone currently in the war during prep day, then just pick your desired CC composition ala carte. Want a witch and 8 archers in your CC? Select your minimum acceptable troop level for each, click the witch once and the archer 8 times, then wait. Make the Donate option available only to those people who are able to make the requested type/level of troop. It could be like a wedding registry, you only get what you ask for, and when someone fills something from your list, it gets taken off the list. Make it happen, SC!

Why would you need your clan leader editing your war castle? You can do it yourself. I'd veto as well. Much more pertinent things to address, like visibility of war castle donations.

You guys still have the jv? I left my last 2 clans cause they were a joke. Im almost maxed out th6 prolly go to th 7 today or tomorrow. Let me know if i can get into regular clan or jv.

I have a question regarding getting a new tablet to play my Niven account on. Sometimes my Moto G phone is just to small and I make mistakes because I have to zoom in and can't see the entire screen. So I've been thinking about getting a really cheap android tablet just to play CoC on.

The one I am looking at is the Acer Iconia One 7. There's a clearance store selling them for $70 (CDN). But if it sucks super bad I can't return it. Is it possible that CoC would run terribly on this tablet? Is it possible the wifi reception would be worse than on my Moto G, because I already have occasional problems. Here is an article with the specs.

http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_iconia_one_7_b1_730-6341.php

I have a question regarding getting a new tablet to play my Niven account on. Sometimes my Moto G phone is just to small and I make mistakes because I have to zoom in and can't see the entire screen. So I've been thinking about getting a really cheap android tablet just to play CoC on.

The one I am looking at is the Acer Iconia One 7. There's a clearance store selling them for $70 (CDN). But if it sucks super bad I can't return it. Is it possible that CoC would run terribly on this tablet? Is it possible the wifi reception would be worse than on my Moto G, because I already have occasional problems. Here is an article with the specs.

http://www.gsmarena.com/acer_iconia_one_7_b1_730-6341.php
I would dissuade you from those tablets. Companies like Acer depend on small margins, so they produce a massive line of different products, and don't really support any of them. Their build quality isn't known for being good. Now, with their low-cost HD monitors, for example, which isn't really the sort of hardware that is problematic in the first place, they're a great deal. With stuff like computers and laptops, on the other hand, their reputation is terrible. There are heat issues, motherboard issues, port issues, battery issues, etc. These problems only magnify the smaller the device becomes. If a desktop PC is arithmetic, then a smartphone is calculus. Besides that, general hardware quality is usually second rate (i.e. the WiFi reception will suck, the display will be dim, etc.)

Acer is making the smart play of utilizing unmodified Android 4.2.2, but sometimes doing nothing to smooth out specific peculiarities to a hardware ODM isn't actually a good thing. May be glitchy. Also, they've promised an update to 4.4.2, but don't believe it until you see it. Android companies, especially the PC-selling ones, renege on announced updates all the time. If it does come, it will be the only update it ever gets.

Maybe the least attractive thing is that it only has 8GB internal memory, and of that, only 3.24GB is useable. You can't store apps on the SD. Even if you could, unless you're rooted, you won't be able to store the app libraries on that card. Unfortunately, this is where all the data on today's app goes. The game itself will be 24MB, then the obb library files with amount to 1.04GB. Just be aware of that limitation. Actually, now, that I think about it, therein lies a reason to NOT desire the update to Kitkat. If they do that, then unless you're rooted, you won't even be able to write media to the external SD card. It will effectively be useless.

Probably the strongest relative piece of hardware in it is the Intel Atom Z2560 processor. Yet even that suffers from its own big drawback. Virtually no Android devices of significance carry it, so it gets last priority when it comes to developer support. This means you can expect more stuttering, more force quits, and more glitchy app functionality in general (not to mention an increasing amount of apps "not available on this device" in the future).

Having said all that I can't make a better recommendation at $79, and if it's just to play CoC, then it should do the job. I think you should consider the Nexus 7 2013 16GB. It's $175 on Amazon right now, but just a few weeks ago when I was talking to Trae about this it was listed at $159, and it's gone on sale for $129-$139 several times this year already. Even though it's older the processor in it is almost twice as powerful, and it equals or better specs everywhere else. App developers cater to it because the Snapdragon S4 is such a common chipset. It has full support from Google: it's already been updated to Android 5.1, and it could very well receive a few more updates in the future.

Also, if the charging port gets damaged, which appears to be a somewhat common problem with Android tablets as they age, then you buy a cheap wireless charger and circumvent that product-breaking catastrophe.

Last edited:
You guys still have the jv? I left my last 2 clans cause they were a joke. Im almost maxed out th6 prolly go to th 7 today or tomorrow. Let me know if i can get into regular clan or jv.
You're welcome in the regular clan, Jerry.

Lmao who the hell was Don key? Sounds like he trolled you guys pretty hard haha. I'm getting close to maxing my th8 defenses. Just need one more round of teslas, wiz and archer towers. Walls will be a huge pain in the ass though.

Hey, Bio, we need you to hit #25 ASAP so that we can see if you wipe it or not. This is going to be a very tight 30-man war, and right now we're only leading on the scoreboard. In reality they're beating us.

There's always a simple tension here which is why we need lowbies using both attacks on the first day of war, ideally. We don't want the higher guys with more powerful armies on their second attacks to drop further than they should, but we also don't want them attacking higher than they must.

If you can clear #25, then I can go ahead and take a crack at wiping #18. If not, then I have to finish #25 and let the higher guys wipe #18. Waiting on you.

Last edited:
Hey, Bio, we need you to hit #25 ASAP so that we can see if you wipe it or not. This is going to be a very tight 30-man war, and right now we're only leading on the scoreboard. In reality they're beating us.

There's always a simple tension here which is why we need lowbies using both attacks on the first day of war, ideally. We don't want the higher guys with more powerful armies on their second attacks to drop further than they should, but we also don't want them attacking higher than they must.

If you can clear #25, then I can go ahead and take a crack at wiping #18. If not, then I have to finish #25 and let the higher guys wipe #18. Waiting on you.

Im cooking right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back