CNN - What's the "Alt Left"? Experts say it's 'made-up term'

The reason why America has a problem of understanding alt-right or ANTIFA is because of the 2 party system.
And also because Americans, in general, can only view things from an American political left/right perspective.

The goals of ANTIFA and the Alt Right are pretty clear if put into a central European political contexts.
I mean ANTIFA has been around since when 1925?

American right wingers aren't thinking of Woody Guthrie when they think of anti-fascism.

No one was killed by Antifa.

The real heart of the problem is that hardcore conservatives have been beating up liberals, hippies, pacifists, punks, minorities, flag burners and LGBT people for DECADES now. They are upset that the people they have been calling limp wristed, sissies, p***ies, and a variety of homophobic slurs are willing to fight back. Violence doesn't fix problems but Emperor Trump encouraging the violence was the final straw for these "antifa" people that pushed them to fight.

As soon as I heard that Trump said this I just laughed at the stupidity of it. I was about to explain why by this other guy I quoted below already did. But basically, if you create the term alt-left to mean crazy ass violent liberals....then what are you saying about your base, the alt-right?

It's ridiculous LI.

I'm not a member of the alt right either...

I'm specifically against partisan hacks and those who hold political/party ideology over country...

Thankfully a president finally addressed the problem of the alt-left and their increasing willingness to perpetrate violence against political dissidents, it was long overdue.
We're heading into dark times when Senators publicly defend domestic terrorist groups. Mitt Romney argued that Antifa are by definition the good guys because they're anti-fascist and Marco Rubio explained that violence against teh Nazis is justified, apparently unaware of the fact that Antifa consider any Republican senator a Nazi.
Recucklicans are completely out of control.

So CNN is saying Antifa and BLM and all the violence and riots from them is simply part of mainstream liberalism?

At least conservatives can call out people who warped their views into hateful ones and declare that they're a seperate group they do not support

American right wingers aren't thinking of Woody Guthrie when they think of anti-fascism.

Yeah, I mean the Alt Right is really nothing more than the continuation of the Prussian authoritarian state.
There is nothing wrong with the ideology itself. It just doesn't fit into 2017.
Ironically that's the form of government the original American settlers tried to escape.

Yeah, I mean the Alt Right is really nothing more than the continuation of the Prussian authoritarian state.
There is nothing wrong with the ideology itself. It just doesn't fit into 2017.
Ironically that's the form of government the original American settlers tried to escape.

Nothing wrong? Ha. Of course the Prussians actually were a landed aristocracy, whereas some of the alt-right just imagines that's what they would be.

The fucking inquistr isn't even willing to confirm your bullshit in that article, so I'm not sure what your point is.
Yeah, I also noticed that. I'm too jaded and wise to realize that Hans would care to see it pointed it out. He knows what he's doing.

They are right, we should call them what they are, radical communists they have are now defending.

The "alt -left" or new left, or regressive liberals is specifically why I jumped ship from the liberal side of American politics.

Granted, I still hold liberal positions on a host of issues but the leftists today represent everything that liberals have fought against.

Nothing wrong with being a Classical Liberal

Of course it's a made up term, so is "millennial" "social justice warrior" "men's rights activist", its all code people use to show their allegiance to one party or another.

No one was killed by Antifa.
Well since we're lumping everything conservative in with the alt right, shouldn't we lump in the psycho who shot up the softball game with the left? What about the unhinged lefty who double tapped his neighbor in the head in front of his wife?

Thankfully a president finally addressed the problem of the alt-left and their increasing willingness to perpetrate violence against political dissidents, it was long overdue.
We're heading into dark times when Senators publicly defend domestic terrorist groups. Mitt Romney argued that Antifa are by definition the good guys because they're anti-fascist and Marco Rubio explained that violence against teh Nazis is justified, apparently unaware of the fact that Antifa consider any Republican senator a Nazi.
Recucklicans are completely out of control.
That being said, I don't think alt-left members should be part of the Trump administration's inner circle

NdUKClD.png

Nothing wrong? Ha. Of course the Prussians actually were a landed aristocracy, whereas some of the alt-right just imagines that's what they would be.

What I mean is putting it back into a 1900 context and comparing it to other countries around the time of 1900.
The Kaiserreich was one of the most open and prosperous societies.
What we consider today as normal was born under the "Bismark policies".
For example, social benefits, health insurance, workers rights free education, abolishing of the "Staende" system in Europe.

Those were all brought to the world by the Prussians, not because in the interest of the worker or working class but because it would be beneficial to the Fatherland itself.
The Alt Right just doesn't understand that in 2017 those principles do not just apply to white people but everyone willing to live by them.
But at the core that's what they want.

Back