Colby vs Khamzat - Your prediction for this fight?

Who wins this fight?

• Total voters
Meh, don't think he'd be the favorite against Colby anymore. Would be a good fight, but I think it would be another kickboxing match and Colby would probably win with volume and pressure.

Meh, don't think he'd be the favorite against Colby anymore. Would be a good fight, but I think it would be another kickboxing match and Colby would probably win with volume and pressure.
That volume/pressure is nullified when you have someone as good as grappling as Khamzat/Usman. It will be a good fight but Colby will have a significant advantage of his that he takes to every fight nullified.

It will be a standup war most likely, I favor Chimaev.

good thing for Khamzat ...

Colby not gonna do any damage on the ground

only thing he got going for him is cardio and being a backpack

Colby has worse bjj than Burns, hes not a sub threat off his back.
Man I just hate it when BBJ enthusiasts can't see the faults in their arguments. Colby is a wrestler, a way better one than Burns. Just because a wrestler has success and does not get submitted by a BJJ guy while controlling him does not mean he will have success against another wrestler. Did you see their grappling exchanges? Sure take away the submission threat if Colby is on his back, wow ok big whoop. Now take into account it will be that much harder to stuff Colby's takedown, it will be that much harder to take Colby down, It will be that much harder to hold position against Colby, it will be that much harder and intense with the sheer volume of wrestling scrambles he would have to endure, it will be that much harder to hang on to Colby and get a breath... I can go on and on and on. Seriously thats the problem I always see with a lot of BJJ guys, the mentality is just too passive and not aggressive enough, some submission threat from the bottom is not the end be all.

Khamzat showed he can be easy to hit, but Colby has no power. He (Colby) cannot fight moving back... which he would be... and it will be very interesting to see the wrestling that takes place here. My guess is that Khamzat imposes his wrestling on him, like Khabib could with Gaethje. But yea, even on the feet, Colby has nothing for Chimaev.

That volume/pressure is nullified when you have someone as good as grappling as Khamzat/Usman. It will be a good fight but Colby will have a significant advantage of his that he takes to every fight nullified.

It will be a standup war most likely, I favor Chimaev.
Yeah, and Khamzat's biggest strength is also nullified.

Chimaev kept throwing, but looked a little tired in a 3 round fight, while Colby can keep it up all day. A 3 round fight would probably be a toss up with a slight edge to Colby, but if it's a 5 round fight, odds shift significantly for Colby.

Pretty sure he would, and it not TKO him on the ground. Colby has one particular strength, wrestling, and Chimaev is vastly superior in that area.
What makes you believe that considering Colby's overall game of mixing up his wrestling?

He wants to knock out everyone. He loves finishes! Doesn't matter who it is!

bt sport intern fucked up his name in the thumbnail btw

Khamzat
ChiaSeeds-2_1024x1024.jpg
mev

Khamzat
ChiaSeeds-2_1024x1024.jpg
mev

Chia is very estrogenic. Only people who want softer boobs eat that junk.

Anyway, Khumzhot beating Cuntington into a pulp would be acceptable, Then, I can enjoy the likes of Usman or Izzy (or Jiri at some point) give him three of his most embarrassing losses.

Why do people assume Colby is better than Burns? If anything Burns is a way tougher match up. Colby doesn't have the power to do anything against Khamzat and unlike Colby's previous opponents, Khamzat isn't going to be afraid of getting taken down. Khamzat is going to be the one pressuring Colby the entire fight.

Meh, don't think he

'd be the favorite against Colby anymore. Would be a good fight, but I think it would be another kickboxing match and Colby would probably win with volume and pressure.

I agree. I dont think he kept grappling Gilbert because it was so tiring. I think even if he gets takedowns on Colby he would have to work for them and Colby would end up back on his feet. I think it's a kickboxing match where Colby takes over late

I thought Khamzat was being a knucklehead when he made that statement. He isn't knocking Colby out. Colby isn't someone you steamroll easily. Usman hit him with really hard shots and couldn't separate him from consciousness.

He wouldn't. Colby has a good chin and is smart enough not to take a big shot in round 1. He needs to wait till colby and usman retires. Unless he wants 2 losses on his nice record.

He can definitely finish him

What makes you believe that considering Colby's overall game of mixing up his wrestling?
Because if Chimaev wants to take Cobbie down, he's going down. Khamzat's a vastly superior and more decorated wrestler, and that's quite frankly 75% of Colby's game. Either wrestling or the threat of doing so, which is pretty much neutralised when facing a superior wrestler. He's not a better striker either and he definitely doesn't have the power advantage, neither in striking or in general. Putting it simply, Chimaev is a horrible matchup for Colby.

Lol what?? Colbys biggest strength is his high pace/pressure, not his wrestling.

Colbys strength is also Cumshots biggest weakness.

Khamzat couldn't even out wrestle Burns, who he had a big size advantage on, lol what makes you he'll be able to out wrestle an actual wrestler.

Lol u guys still living in dream land.
So what would you say about Colby getting taken down and outwrestled in the last round against RDA?

It's super easy to discredit any fighter to draw any narrative you want.

I am not sure why people think this fight last night is any indication how a fight with Colby or Usman go. Burns has completely different skills and a fighting style than Colby or Usman do.

Last edited:
I would be surprised if Colby would fight Burns or Chimaev, who are both bad matchups for him

After seeing last nights fight I've come to the conclusion that Khamzat does not have good cardio, he was fighting like he was drunk by the 3rd round. Colby will out-cardio him and decision or finish him, Usman would do worse as he can punch harder than Colby.

Back