Law Colorado Baker (apparently the only one) back in court.

Unless a customer requested that the words "I, Jack Phillips, do hereby renounce Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior" be written in frosting on the cake top, this guy needs to suck it up and serve his patrons. He chose to get into the capitalist cake making business and he needs to make fucking cakes for every paying customer who walks through his fucking door.

You damn well know that these bullies would be happy to make him make that cake.
They want him out of business because of what he represents not what he has done. He represents the Christian entrepreneurs that made this nation.

Why does the right and Trumplings love allowing business to discriminate?

This is a big reason Trump got elected. Christians want religious freedom. With Obama and Hillary judges, this baker would lose everything (his business, source of income). With Trump judges, he's probably gonna win back his freedom.

"Religious Freedom" is not absolute. Society has and always has had laws that limit what religious doctrines can be implemented in public and what can't.

For example: If a Christian employed and harbored a bunch of illegal immigrants, as his bible tells him he should do, he could be arrested and charged.

In Colorado it is has been made illegal to discriminate based on sexual orientation. It's simple, if you don't like the law than work to change it.

That the only fucking bakery west of the Mississippi or some shit? How about this? Go to a different fucking bakery.

Nah it's bigoted bull. I noticed none of these twats throw around the f bomb (as in the gay slur) so casually. Might as well throw out the n bomb while your at it.

You equate tyranny to the N word? Interesting.

I find it no more offensive than the word Jap for Japanese or Cali for California.

I think this was in response to the defense of the first case. He said he wouldn't make a cake for a gay wedding because it was a religious ceremony that conflicted with his own, but this is literally just a simple color request for a completely secular reason.

It's kind of trying to see if he just disagrees with serving gay people in general or for religious ceremonies like he claimed. I was on his side the first time but there's no excuse for this one, dude bakes cakes for a living, he has no right to judge.

Well to be fair the baker didn't refuse to serve the gay couple, he refused to make a specialty cake for their event.

He refused to create a custom cake, he's happy to sell people any cake off the shelf. It's like going to an artist and commissioning an art piece the artist doesn't feel comfortable painting, you can't mandate their labour.

If you don't approve of the LGBT lifestyle.

There are a lot of "LGBT lifestyles", man. Have you been getting pop ads for gay cruises like @Ripskater?

Log on Grindr, get a big pop-up about (essentially) how I shouldn't only fuck white people. Oh, there's a new feature for pronouns lol: "Your Highness". Back out of app and wait 20 minutes. Check back to find at least 20+ messages (including pics that weren't requested) from 20+ people (two-thirds of them closeted and probs lean right politically, some of them couples - weird, but better than cheating) within a square mile and all ready and willing to suck my dick, lick my balls, eat my... this is sexual liberalization and it's of the highest moral standard you can possibly imagine.

It's just one lifestyle though and gets kind of boring; empty like. You should support gay marriage for the people who actually want to settle down.

The case was tossed because they discriminated in their handling of the previous case. The case was not tossed due to anything about CO law. CO still has to uphold the law. This persecution shit from you puts you in the low IQ seats on this one. Get with the braining.

CO is supposed to uphold the Constitution.

You equate tyranny to the N word? Interesting.

I find it no more offensive than the word Jap for Japanese or Cali for California.
Yeah I do. Trans people are just a minority group the bigots can use slurs against without drawing widespread ire at this moment in time. Throwing out "tranny" is just a means of casually dehumanzing trans people.
Same way you could say the f bomb (gay slur) more casually like 5-10 years back.

I think we all can agree. if he was refusing service just because they were gay, that would be a problem.
Him refusing to make a 'specialty' cake for an occasion, should be allowed.

He refused to create a custom cake, he's happy to sell people any cake off the shelf. It's like going to an artist and commissioning an art piece the artist doesn't feel comfortable painting, you can't mandate their labour.
I don't quite buy that. If he makes wedding cakes, it stands to reason that he does some custom cakes. I don't see how how a guy who literally only makes cakes can't or doesn't make cakes with simple color requests. It's about as basic a request you could ask for.

The person is a lawyer, they probably wouldn't pursue a cake if he had a genuine flat rule against all custom cakes. Do you have any evidence that he doesn't do any custom cakes?

CO is supposed to uphold the Constitution.
It is the job of the courts to determine the constitutionality of CO's law. And thus far, by the decision of the courts, the law stands. Therefore, CO is obligated to obey and enforce CO law.

I don't quite buy that. If he makes wedding cakes, it stands to reason that he does some custom cakes. I don't see how how a guy who literally only makes cakes can't or doesn't make cakes with simple color requests. It's about as basic a request you could ask for.

The person is a lawyer, they probably wouldn't pursue a cake if he had a genuine flat rule against all custom cakes. Do you have any evidence that he doesn't do any custom cakes?

You missed the memo on quite a few things here. He IS making custom cakes, you'd know that if you followed the case. The argument is that it's at his discretion whether he accepts a custom cake request or not. That's why this particular cake guy won his previous court case about a gay wedding cake, he's not refusing service to homosexuals, he's refusing custom cake requests he doesn't want to do. The court came to the conclusion that, just like any kind of artistic work, he's not forced to accept commissions he doesn't want to do. Now he's surfacing again because an opportunist transgender woman, after hearing about this high-profile gay wedding cake case, specifically sought this baker out and asked for a custom cake request that predictably got turned down, just so they could drag him in court again and have another crack at ruining his life.

You missed the memo on quite a few things here. He IS making custom cakes, you'd know that if you followed the case. The argument is that it's at his discretion whether he accepts a custom cake request or not. That's why this particular cake guy won his previous court case about a gay wedding cake, he's not refusing service to homosexuals, he's refusing custom cake requests he doesn't want to do. The court came to the conclusion that, just like any kind of artistic work, he's not forced to accept commissions he doesn't want to do. Now he's surfacing again because an opportunist transgender woman, after hearing about this high-profile gay wedding cake case, specifically sought this baker out and asked for a custom cake request that predictably got turned down, just so they could drag him in court again and have another crack at ruining his life.
I was just responding to your post where you said,
He refused to create a custom cake, he's happy to sell people any cake off the shelf.

I don't think a pink cake counts as some artistic endeavor any more than asking for extra cheese at Subway, though I guess that's a bad example since they are technically "sandwich artists". Definitely sounds like an excuse because he doesn't want to serve gay people if he has an option.

The court's ruling was worded so that it would protect religious rights as well as the rights of gay and trans people.

I was just responding to your post where you said,

I don't think a pink cake counts as some artistic endeavor any more than asking for extra cheese at Subway, though I guess that's a bad example since they are technically "sandwich artists". Definitely sounds like an excuse because he doesn't want to serve gay people if he has an option.

The court's ruling was worded so that it would protect religious rights as well as the rights of gay and trans people.

The tranny requested a custom cake that was blue on the inside and pink on the outside that was for a “coming out” party.

Had a normal person (as in mentally normal) merely requested a blue and pink cake there would have been no issue.

Something similar has been going on in the UK.

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/uk-northern-ireland-45789759

_103793539_cakecostsnew-nc.png

The Christian owners of a Northern Ireland bakery have won their appeal in the so-called "gay cake" discrimination case.

The UK's highest court ruled that Ashers bakery's refusal to make a cake with a slogan supporting same-sex marriage was not discriminatory. The five justices on the Supreme Court were unanimous in their judgment.

The high-profile dispute began in 2014 when the bakery refused to make a cake with the slogan "Support Gay Marriage". The customer, gay rights activist Gareth Lee, sued the company for discrimination on the grounds of sexual orientation and political beliefs.

But the bakery has always insisted its objection was to the message on the cake, not the customer. Ashers lost the case and the subsequent appeal, but on Wednesday the firm won its appeal at the Supreme Court.

The legal battle - which has lasted four-and-a-half years and has cost nearly £500,000 so far - has raised questions over equality and freedom of conscience.

The tranny requested a custom cake that was blue on the inside and pink on the outside that was for a “coming out” party.

Had a normal person (as in mentally normal) merely requested a blue and pink cake there would have been no issue.
It was for a birthday party after they recently transitioned.

That statement right there is kind of why this is an issue and not just a frivolous law suit. Few people are mentally "normal", the problem is he doesn't agree with this particular brand of abnormal.

Back